Port Neches-Groves vs. Manvel Game Thread/Manvel Advances 56-46/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="921166" timestamp="1290928617"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76698.msg921158#msg921158 date=1290927612]
I agree, you're going to have "bad apples" with every fan base.  Tonight, however, the taunting and "dirtiness" of the Manvel players, coaches, and fans went way overboard.  Not being a sore loser, as many will say, but I was there, I saw it and as you can see, several other posters feel the same way.  I was texting while at the game, saw a lot of the unneccesary hits in the head, taunting, etc. that were never called by the refs.  This is to be expected, however, not to the extreme that Manvel was carrying it.  The Manvel coach stayed on the field forever, whining and crying to the refs and was acting like a 2 year old. I agree, Manvel has a lot of good athletes, however, I think thier immature behavior is going to do them in.  Best of luck to LaMarque......pulling for you in your victory over Manvel.  Just watch your back...the cheap shots will be in abundance from this Manvel team. End of discussion.
[/quote][color=navy][b]

Hmmmm...sounds like the game between LM and Lumberton a few years back. I'm sure both teams had legitimate complaints on both sides but I'm also quite sure there were people making stuff up to bolster their arguments. NO Lumberton this isn't an invitation to relive your 15 minutes of fame again so don't even bother....lol! Also, I think our undisciplined ways could cost us next week so who's gonna win...somebodies got to win?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

I agree.  There's always two sides to every story.  I just saw a lot of uncalled for aggression.  But then again, this IS the playoffs, right?  Best of luck next week against Manvel.  You'll have a whole lot of Indians pulling for you.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="friogal" post="920880" timestamp="1290915937"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76698.msg920871#msg920871 date=1290915833]
LaMarque, get ready for chop blocks in the back, face masks, goin for the knees. Manvel is the dirtiest team I have ever seen in high school football. BTW. 10th personal foul on Manvel.
[/quote]

WOW...

OMG I hear the Brenham "good-bye" song  ::)
[/quote]

I know... :o  Those thiefs! ;D  Stealing our playoff victory song... ::)

When they started with that song, you should have seen how many people looked at me.

Wait till we scrimmage them again next year.  I'll see if we can sing it back to them for y'all. ;)

[quote name="PNGFan" post="921114" timestamp="1290923244"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=76698.msg921112#msg921112 date=1290923132]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76698.msg921098#msg921098 date=1290922516]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=76698.msg921093#msg921093 date=1290922213]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=76698.msg921085#msg921085 date=1290921515]
Safety. Two TD's. Two 2 point conversions. Congrats to Manvel. For all their talent they are the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I am not sure how Manvel can have two players get penalized for punches to the head of our players and Padia gets ejected for protecting himself. Also Thompson gets a personal foul for pumping his fists while #17 taunted the ENTIRE game. A whole lot of talk for a player who made one catch. Like I said lots of talent, just hate seeing such bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship.
[/quote]
And for PNG, there was no bad attitude and poor sportmanship? It kinda went both ways.
[/quote]Manvel Mavericks killed ya'll!  Let just be honest.  PNG has a great tradition, but hasn't seen a team like this in a while.  24-4A is full of teams with speed and athletism.  If it wasn't for flags and trick plays this game would have been a complete blowout.  Time to be honest and quit taking away the "MIGHTY MAVERICKS"!!  I'm upset because our coach pulled our starters for some drives and gave you guys momentum... which made the score look much closer than the game actually was.  But the PNG Nation is not quitters at all.  That #33 can play on my team any day of the week! Kid is a beast!!

Sure. But nothing like Manvel. Look I am not making any excuses. We got beat by the better team. I just think it is a shame to have so much talent and to be such a good team then to go and show your a** like they did. We had 6 penalties and 3 were for personal fouls. They had 16 and probably at least 10 were personal fouls.
[/quote]Its football...Just because a team gets a PF penalty does make them dirty..Like I said earlier they had 10 PF penalties thats 150 yards worth..Png did not take advantage of this..Its funny to me that a few fans get on here after every game complaining about how dirty Pngs opponent was.If you go back and look at the season stats you will see that Png was not a bunch of choir boys themselves..
[/quote]

Agreed, pentalities and turnovers killed us tonight!!!!!
[/quote]

Manvel Mavericks killed ya'll!  Let just be honest.  PNG has a great tradition, but hasn't seen a team like this in a while.  24-4A is full of teams with speed and athletism.  If it wasn't for flags and trick plays this game would have been a complete blowout.  Time to be honest and quit taking away the "MIGHTY MAVERICKS"!!  I'm upset because our coach pulled our starters for some drives and gave you guys momentum... which made the score look much closer than the game actually was.  But the PNG Nation is not quitters at all.  That #33 can play on my team any day of the week! Kid is a beast!!

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="921158" timestamp="1290927612"]
I agree, you're going to have "bad apples" with every fan base.  Tonight, however, the taunting and "dirtiness" of the Manvel players, coaches, and fans went way overboard.  Not being a sore loser, as many will say, but I was there, I saw it and as you can see, several other posters feel the same way.  I was texting while at the game, saw a lot of the unneccesary hits in the head, taunting, etc. that were never called by the refs.  This is to be expected, however, not to the extreme that Manvel was carrying it.  The Manvel coach stayed on the field forever, whining and crying to the refs and was acting like a 2 year old. I agree, Manvel has a lot of good athletes, however, I think thier immature behavior is going to do them in.  Best of luck to LaMarque......pulling for you in your victory over Manvel.  Just watch your back...the cheap shots will be in abundance from this Manvel team. End of discussion.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I saw. I would rather lose, than win like these people. I sat with the lamarque fans today and the won with grace. Not like these sore winners from Manvillle where ever that is....................

[quote name="API steve" post="921193" timestamp="1290948312"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76698.msg921158#msg921158 date=1290927612]
[/quote]

This is exactly what I saw. I would rather lose, than win like these people. I sat with the lamarque fans today and the won with grace. Not like these sore winners from Manvillle where ever that is....................
[/quote]Quit crying and be proud of your players. 

Although I am proud of the Indians and congratulate the program on another successful run, I do think Manvel had the better team.  With that being said, they ARE the most undisciplined team I have seen all year. The personal fouls (many were head butts after the plays were whisteled dead) were completely uncalled for.  I do not see this team advancing to the State Championship game. Their way of dirty play will not be tollerated the deeper the playoffs go.  Trust me, there will be another team that will capitolize on all those penalties and prove to the Mavericks that talent can only take you so far without discipline.

Manvel was the better team, no doubt. There were too many personal foul penalties called last night on both teams. I dont really believe that either team was trying to play dirty; there was just a lot of emotion and hard playing going on. Both teams are too well coached to stoop to dirty play. Congratulations to The Manvel Mavericks. I hope you play with the same intensity and drive you showed last night throughout the playoffs. Congrats to the Indians for a wonderful season. After Mid-County Madness, NOBODY could see the Indians in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Y'all left it all on the field last for the last 7 games and especially last night. This was a remarkable, turnaround season that all us Indian fans will remember.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="921158" timestamp="1290927612"]
[/quote]
I was there also. Both coaching staffs were on the field excessively. The only time I saw Manvel head coach talk to the ref for an extended period of time he was just getting an explaination of a call that happened on the PNG sideline (the same as PNG coach getting a visit to explain why #36 had been ejected).

I spent a little time on both sides. Both sides had their jerks (small %) and both sides had their great fans (large %).

I did not like the play of #33 when PNG beat BH. I said so on this board and was roasted for it. He is fired up, he is a fierce competitor, he is a great kid etc.......
but now it is different because it happened to you.

It was a good game by 2 good teams that coming out of halftime could have gone either way.

I hope that wasn't someones house burning last night that you could smell half of the game

I have never seen so many sore losers!  I hope none of you are grown-ups!  PNG played just as dirty as Manvel if you want to call it that.  Go tell your players how well the played instead of trying to bash Manvel.  This game is over... Live with it.  And nothing against the players... as they fought hard.  Just got overwhelmed by the speed and athletes they were facing.  I really love the vibe and tradition PNG carries with the football program.  Too bad some of you fans tarnish it with this wining etc... Do you really think Manvels lead of 56-21 had anything to do with those "bogus" personal calls the refs called?  One of the PNG players was tossed for punching in the nuts.  Can you explain that?

[quote name="shovelhead" post="921207" timestamp="1290952754"]
Manvel was the better team, no doubt. There were too many personal foul penalties called last night on both teams. I dont really believe that either team was trying to play dirty; there was just a lot of emotion and hard playing going on. Both teams are too well coached to stoop to dirty play. Congratulations to The Manvel Mavericks. I hope you play with the same intensity and drive you showed last night throughout the playoffs. Congrats to the Indians for a wonderful season. After Mid-County Madness, NOBODY could see the Indians in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Y'all left it all on the field last for the last 7 games and especially last night. This was a remarkable, turnaround season that all us Indian fans will remember.
[/quote]Great Post!

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="921188" timestamp="1290946754"]
Manvel Mavericks killed ya'll!  Let just be honest.  PNG has a great tradition, but hasn't seen a team like this in a while.  24-4A is full of teams with speed and athletism.  If it wasn't for flags and trick plays this game would have been a complete blowout.  Time to be honest and quit taking away the "MIGHTY MAVERICKS"!!  I'm upset because our coach pulled our starters for some drives and gave you guys momentum... which made the score look much closer than the game actually was.  But the PNG Nation is not quitters at all.  That #33 can play on my team any day of the week! Kid is a beast!!

[/quote]
Killed us? You won by 10 because PNG didn't quit. It was 21-21 at Halftime. Manvel owned the 3rd Quarter and blew it open. PNG battled in 4th to make it closer. Ya'll won, congrats. BTW, I seen all starters in the game at 0 sec in the 4th Q.

[quote name="API steve" post="921202" timestamp="1290949596"]
Maybe Manvil will learn how to win when their band learns how to march. What a joke....................
[/quote]
That is classy......go after kids that are supporting their school. Good Job Steve. And folks on here have been talking about Manvels lack of class.

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="921210" timestamp="1290953071"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=76698.msg921207#msg921207 date=1290952754]
[/quote]Great Post!
[/quote]

I agree. They should all ring true like this.

I listened to most of the game, and the big turning point was the onsides kick by Manvel early in the 3rd qtr. That, after a quick score, plus one more after that was just too much for PNG to make up. PNG fought to the end and you can't ask more from your players than that. It would have been so easy just to hang your heads and give up. This was truly a great game and unfortunately, someone had to lose.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="921211" timestamp="1290953193"]
[quote author=fatmaverick link=topic=76698.msg921188#msg921188 date=1290946754]

[/quote]
Killed us? You won by 10 because PNG didn't quit. It was 21-21 at Halftime. Manvel owned the 3rd Quarter and blew it open. PNG battled in 4th to make it closer. Ya'll won, congrats. BTW, I seen all starters in the game at 0 sec in the 4th Q.
[/quote]You must don't know our starters then... Just as I don't know your starters.  #18 that came in @ 6:00 minutes is a 4th team QB... #9 is a 4th team tailback w/ the back up line! On offense and defense.  Yes the the momentum changed once PNG made that run... but If we would have kept in our starters this game would have been a complete route.  And true we had to put our starters back in the stop PNG's momentum... Thanks to our Coach giving you guys life at the end.  Like I said earlier, if it wasn't for trick plays, "bogus flags" and pulling our kids to early, this would have been a 70-28 ball game.  But being the Christian Coach Martin is he didn't want to embarrass your program and he apologized to our kids for letting PNG back in the game!

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="921216" timestamp="1290953912"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=76698.msg921211#msg921211 date=1290953193]

[/quote]
[/quote]You must don't know our starters then... Just as I don't know your starters.  #18 that came in @ 6:00 minutes is a 4th team QB... #9 is a 4th team tailback w/ the back up line! On offense and defense.  Yes the the momentum changed once PNG made that run... but If we would have kept in our starters this game would have been a complete route.  And true we had to put our starters back in the stop PNG's momentum... Thanks to our Coach giving you guys life at the end.  Like I said earlier, if it wasn't for trick plays, "bogus flags" and pulling our kids to early, this would have been a 70-28 ball game.  But being the Christian Coach Martin is he didn't want to embarrass your program and he apologized to our kids for letting PNG back in the game!
[/quote]

Go back under the rock you crawled out from.  You will be watching the Championship game on TV just like we will.  The only person that should be embarassed is you for your pathetic posts.  You won. Enjoy it.  Your run comes to an end next week.  ;D

[quote name="KHS 89" post="921221" timestamp="1290954697"]
[quote author=fatmaverick link=topic=76698.msg921216#msg921216 date=1290953912]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=76698.msg921211#msg921211 date=1290953193]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Go back under the rock you crawled out from.  You will be watching the Championship game on TV just like we will.  The only person that should be embarassed is you for your pathetic posts.  You won. Enjoy it.  Your run comes to an end next week.  ;D
[/quote]Go tell those kids how hard they fought... and quit making up excuses.  Be proud of them and quit being a sore loser.  They have a lot more heart than some of you fans.
And oh yeah!  I got us winning next week too.  Come watch the game!

FatMaverick.......all other posters.......wish I could sit here and jaw more but I have to go build a fence. I hope I do not get a penalty for hitting the nails too hard........ ;D

In all seriousness......The day before Thanksgiving I went to visit an old school friend at MD Anderson. As I left and walked down the hall I was really struck with just how lucky most of us are. We all jab and argue and poke fun even get mad because our team is no longer in the hunt. I saw kids and adults alike that were hoping to see a new year. Just some perspective. I get upset like anyone.......but in the end it is just a game played by 16 to 18 year old kids.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="921234" timestamp="1290955669"]
FatMaverick.......all other posters.......wish I could sit here and jaw more but I have to go build a fence. I hope I do not get a penalty for hitting the nails too hard........ ;D

In all seriousness......The day before Thanksgiving I went to visit an old school friend at MD Anderson. As I left and walked down the hall I was really struck with just how lucky most of us are. We all jab and argue and poke fun even get mad because our team is no longer in the hunt. I saw kids and adults alike that were hoping to see a new year. Just some perspective. I get upset like anyone.......but in the end it is just a game played by 16 to 18 year old kids.
[/quote]THAT'S REAL!

Hoka Hey was something the legendary Sioux warrior Crasy Horse was shouting while going to war. "Hokay hey" can be interpreted as "It is a good time to die!" or "This is a good day to die."

This is your war Cry, very nice and lots of sportsmanship it shows. Oh wait that is the way you play the game too. Sounds like it should be in a rap songs and not from your classy fans............................

[quote name="API steve" post="921250" timestamp="1290957010"]
Hoka Hey was something the legendary Sioux warrior Crasy Horse was shouting while going to war. "Hokay hey" can be interpreted as "It is a good time to die!" or "This is a good day to die."

This is your war Cry, very nice and lots of sportsmanship it shows. Oh wait that is the way you play the game too. Sounds like it should be in a rap songs and not from your classy fans............................
[/quote]The PNG kids played a very good game last night... Hope you are proud of them.  They fought very hard and represented their school, parents, town and Southeast Texas Football very well last night. 
Now however you interpret HOKA HEY! Enjoy... but it's our War Cry it's for the Mavericks to love & understand not their competition.  But the competition will feel it!

I'm very proud of the Indians. You are exemplary athletes. You never gave up last night, which is the true sign of a champion that exhibits profound character.  Hold your heads high and never look back. All 8,000 Indian fans last night witnessed the HONOR....PRIDE .....TRADITION...of PNG played out before our very eyes. To each of you, I pray God's blessings  as  you continue your respective journeys. You have made this INDIAN and thousands of others extremely PROUD. Peace.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="921264" timestamp="1290958510"]
I'm very proud of the Indians. You are exemplary athletes. You never gave up last night, which is the true sign of a champion that exhibits profound characters. Hold your heads high and never look back. All 8,000 fans last night were seeing the HONOR....PRIDE .....TRADITION...of PNG played out beforeour very eyes. To each of you, I pray God's blessingsas you continue your respective journeys. You have made this INDIAN and thousands of others extremely PROUD. Peace.
[/quote]NOW THAT'S WORDS OF HONOR!  YOUR TEAM IS A VERY GAME SQUAD! NO QUIT WHAT-SO-EVER... GAME TO THE BONE!  WHETHER MANVEL WOULD HAVE WON OR LOSS... THOSE WORDS RING THE TRUTH... GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE, BECAUSE WHEN THE MAVERICKS OR 24-4A ISN'T INVOLVED, I WILL BE ROUTING FOR PNG.  I REALLY LIKE WHAT YOU GUYS BRING TO TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.