Barbers Hill vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PNG WINS 21-13!!

WOSgrad

Congrats to PNG on the victory.  You guys made the winning plays by taking advantage of our costly turnovers, consistently exploiting the weak link in our secondary, and our [u][b]VERY[/b][/u] questionable play calling.  The goal line series right before halftime, 3rd and inches,you pass and then can't get your play off in time......really???  Run the ball there on 3rd down, you outsmarted yourselves there.  Also, Gage's timeout usage was really bad, but it has been all year.  It is also good that they finally realized who they had with #85 Morton, definitely the player of the game for BH.  He had a great defensive game and was a stud on offense.  Only took the BH coaches 10 and a half games to actually use him correctly in the offense, but better late than never I guess; too bad he is a senior. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="akifan94" post="906541" timestamp="1289627635"]
Great game on both sides. The refs were horrible. But anyways. My main question for the BH fans is who is in charge of that pre-game music? Hearing an unedited rap song with cussing was crazy. Then it went on to talk about taking a shot of patron and get up in your mom. What the heck was that?
[/quote]
Just making PNG folks feel at home

Like I said...BH would bring it, and they did. I was very impressed with BH one on one tackling....we couldn't get anything going on the wr screens and swing passes because of excellent tackling. Also, your boys never quit and played with a lot of heart. We need to clean up some things if we want to keep advancing....too many mental errors at key points when we had a chance to put the game away. We need to play with the fire and sense of urgency that we had against Central to keep our season going. Every time we started moving the ball in the 2nd half we either had a penalty or made a mistake to kill the drive. Also, some strange playcalling in spots. We looked like we were playing to not lose and sitting on the lead. We need to take every possesion seriously and get some killer instinct in our playcalling to put teams away or it will come back to haunt us in the playoffs. These teams are too good now to let them hang around.

[quote name="liltex" post="906672" timestamp="1289653640"]
Great weather & great hard hittin game.Not to fret Soulja losing a bet and buying @Richards ain't bad.I gots me some threads w/my kangol @Norman's ;) :D ;D
[/quote]

Did someone say Richard's?  Heck I will buy...... ;D ;D Rain-Rain go away, white boy want some Richard's ox-tail today!  ;D ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="906687" timestamp="1289655703"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=75974.msg906672#msg906672 date=1289653640]
Great weather & great hard hittin game.Not to fret Soulja losing a bet and buying @Richards ain't bad.I gots me some threads w/my kangol @Norman's ;) :D ;D
[/quote]

Did someone say Richard's?  Heck I will buy...... ;D ;D Rain-Rain go away, white boy want some Richard's ox-tail today!   ;D ;D
[/quote]Im with ya on that!  8) 8)

PNG played a good game taking advantage of BH mistakes and thats what a good team will do. Dotty looked great he has a lot of control and makes everything look easy! The PNG O line protected him all night they did a great job as well. goodluck to PNG you should be able to go at least 3 rounds with the bracket your in! Manvel looks to be the only team in the bracket besides PNG at this point.

Eagles you had a great frist year under new head coach and played a heck of a game with your back up QB! Mistakes lead to this loss and you cannot make mistakes twice with in the 10 yard line. We ended up killing ourselfs with poor decisions!  A called back TD, 2 fumbles and interception and I'm amazed that we still had a shot in the end! Thanks to all the players and coaches for a fun year and i wish the seniors goodluck as they begin the next stage in their life!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="906730" timestamp="1289659100"]
PNG played a good game taking advantage of BH mistakes and thats what a good team will do. Dotty looked great he has a lot of control and makes everything look easy! The PNG O line protected him all night they did a great job as well. goodluck to PNG you should be able to go at least 3 rounds with the bracket your in! Manvel looks to be the only team in the bracket besides PNG at this point.

Eagles you had a great frist year under new head coach and played a heck of a game with your back up QB! Mistakes lead to this loss and you cannot make mistakes twice with in the 10 yard line. We ended up killing ourselfs with poor decisions!  A called back TD, 2 fumbles and interception and I'm amazed that we still had a shot in the end! Thanks to all the players and coaches for a fun year and i wish the seniors goodluck as they begin the next stage in their life!
[/quote]Agree, the PN-G QB wasn't pressured at all last night, and not even getting a field goal when the Eagles had the ball inside the 10 yard line twice cost the Eagles dearly.  Was a great game.  Both teams played hard.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="906524" timestamp="1289627380"]
Now, was there enough room at 'our house' to seat the Indian faithful?  
[/quote]Picture of the PN-G side from the BH side.  I had a great seat with my son and his friend.  [img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs977.snc4/77061_141336865915598_100001178574509_204129_3137152_n.jpg[/img]

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="906743" timestamp="1289660083"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75974.msg906524#msg906524 date=1289627380]
[/quote]Picture of the PN-G side from the BH side.  I had a great seat with my son and his friend.  [img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs977.snc4/77061_141336865915598_100001178574509_204129_3137152_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Suprised there is no one sitting in the grassy areas. Must have been a small PNG crowd.

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="906748" timestamp="1289660440"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=75974.msg906743#msg906743 date=1289660083]
[/quote]

Suprised there is no one sitting in the grassy areas. Must have been a small PNG crowd.
[/quote]

there will be next week...i am sure a bunch of Nederland fans will start following PN-G

[quote name="mdog" post="906666" timestamp="1289652441"]
44 you hit the nail on the head with that statement. The same thing as what happened with Texas city. Got to conservative with a marginal lead.
[/quote]

I totally agree.  You can't afford to be "conservative" in a playoff game.  

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="906473" timestamp="1289625572"]
Ok I have to say the Hill is for Real!!!! You guys are big and tough and refuse to back down or go away! Looks to me like y'all have found a great coach. It was a physical hard fought game and
[b][size=40pt]the Hill IS for Real!!![/size][/b]
[/quote]

For real concentrating on basketball!!!!!!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="906730" timestamp="1289659100"]

Eagles you had a great frist year under new head coach and played a heck of a game with your back up QB! Mistakes lead to this loss and you cannot make mistakes twice with in the 10 yard line. We ended up killing ourselfs with poor decisions!  A called back TD, 2 fumbles and interception and I'm amazed that we still had a shot in the end! Thanks to all the players and coaches for a fun year and i wish the seniors goodluck as they begin the next stage in their life!
[/quote][quote author=BHFAN link=topic=75974.msg906730#msg906730 date=1289659100]

Eagles you had a great frist year under new head coach and played a heck of a game with your back up QB! Mistakes lead to this loss and you cannot make mistakes twice with in the 10 yard line. We ended up killing ourselfs with poor decisions!  A called back TD, 2 fumbles and interception and I'm amazed that we still had a shot in the end! Thanks to all the players and coaches for a fun year and i wish the seniors goodluck as they begin the next stage in their life!
[/quote]
I must say hats off to this BH football team. You guys played some hard-nosed football last night. That back-up QB #12 (who could probably start for any area team) took a licking and kept on ticking. Looks like you guys have a few players that will be eager to get started next year. I saw a lot of late injuries and I sure hope none were too serious. Also I must say that the crowd across the way make some serious noise (as did the PA system before the game).

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="906748" timestamp="1289660440"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=75974.msg906743#msg906743 date=1289660083]
[/quote]Picture of the PN-G side from the BH side.  I had a great seat with my son and his friend.  [img]
[/quote]

[/quote]I don't think they let people sit on the grassy area...