Barbers Hill vs. Port Neches-Groves Game Thread/PNG WINS 21-13!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good game.......I felt this game wouldn't be an "easy' win for PNG.  BH always gives us a lot when we play them.  The sea of "purple" was definitely out in force tonite.....PNG packed the stands.

Just want to send out kudos to the band for honoring Mr. Durham at halftime, by lining up and spelling out "TIP" across the field.  Very good moment for PNG fans. 

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="906446" timestamp="1289624950"]
Ok just wondering why Barbers Hill Mascot had a tu tu on at the beginning of the game i mean for real??? I thought mascots were supposed to be tough.. ??? ??? ???Well then again so was the "Hill" ;D
[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Hmmmm...... ???

[quote name="friogal" post="906432" timestamp="1289624326"]
[quote author=StarlessTexas link=topic=75974.msg906414#msg906414 date=1289623827]
Game could have ended worse.. BH fought hard like always and left it out on the field. Good luck to PNG should be a easy ride for a bit  ;D
[/quote]

Just curious. How long is that bit your speaking of? Wouldn't be 4th round, would it?  8)
[/quote]

Possibly  ::)

PNG kicker was taken to hospital with concusion, think he is okay though. BH fault hard, good athletes, bad calls on both sides, refs have been bad at every 2A -5A I've seen this year. Why didn't BH use the tight end #44 more often the kid is huge, #32 is very talented as well.

Go PNG!

Guest Two-Dogs...
Ok I have to say the Hill is for Real!!!! You guys are big and tough and refuse to back down or go away! Looks to me like y'all have found a great coach. It was a physical hard fought game and
[b][size=40pt]the Hill IS for Real!!![/size][/b]

A real tough game tonight.  BH NEVER gave up.  Their D played great, holding us to our lowest score all year.  The big difference, IMO was the 2 times that we stopped them inside the 10.  That was HUGE!  And when BH stopped us right before the half, inside the 20, we weren't able to put them away early.

I thought the refs were really good tonight.  I had no complaints.  Fair on both sides.

Proud of my Indians!

Guest Two-Dogs...
Forgot to Mention: Very proud of the indians tonight. We overcame some adversity in our O line and still made it work! Way to go O line, looks like you did deserve that Player of the week award!!! ;) ;)

I was there Bh stopped themselves w.fumbles and bad play callin twice in the red zone early.3rd n goal @ the 5  w/inches for a 1st dwn and throw a inc.pass,then 4th down and delay of game w.inches for a 1st dwn.Whats up w/the BH coach wasting 2 timeouts when didn't need to.Good game by BH tonight.Congrats to PNG and Doty had a great game.

Congrads to the Indians for pouring gasoline and dropping a match on the Ant Mound.  Now, I told you I will be hard on the Indians.  I heard you left some TD's on the field.    Got to get that corrected.  These playoff opponents will get harder and harder.  Time to get to the next level.  (I know you can do it).  Yes, this Central fan is calling you  out.  Keep this head of steam and grab another win next week!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="906505" timestamp="1289626743"]
Congrads to the Indians for pouring gasoline and dropping a match on the Ant Mound.  Now, I told you I will be hard on the Indians.  I heard you left some TD's on the field.    Got to get that corrected.  These playoff opponents will get harder and harder.  Time to get to the next level.  (I know you can do it).  Yes, this Central fan is calling you  out.  Keep this head of steam and grab another win next week!
[/quote]

Soulja.............you can call us out ANY TIME!

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="906510" timestamp="1289626934"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=75974.msg906505#msg906505 date=1289626743]
[/quote]

Soulja.............you can call us out ANY TIME!
[/quote][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Cool/cool08.gif[/img][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Cool/cool08.gif[/img]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="906505" timestamp="1289626743"]
[/quote]

BH left TD's on the field and one in a refs pocket.  PNG did try to run the clock down, and rightfully so, but they got stopped running the ball.  BH made more mistakes than did PNG so we lost.  PNG always plays smart and that was the difference.  

Great game by both teams.  Hopefully we will have a pre-district game again next year.  Great Indian fan turnout tonight and we'll be rooting you on from here till the bitter end.

I think had I talked more trash we may have won, so I'll start early next year.  ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="906515" timestamp="1289627118"]
[/quote]

BH left TD's on the field and one in a refs pocket.  PNG did try to run the clock down, and rightfully so, but they got stopped running the ball.  BH made more mistakes than did PNG so we lost.  PNG always plays smart and that was the difference.  

Great game by both teams.  Hopefully we will have a pre-district game again next year.  Great Indian fan turnout tonight and we'll be rooting you on from here till the bitter end.

I think had I talked more trash we may have won, so I'll start early next year.  ;D
[/quote]

I didn't think it was POSSIBLE for you to talk more trash.  [img]http://bestsmileys.com/wink/2.gif[/img]

(like the blue?)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Real football is played EAST of the Trinity River! :D

Congrads to the Indians for pouring gasoline and dropping a match on the Ant Mound.  Now, I told you I will be hard on the Indians.  I heard you left some TD's on the field.    Got to get that corrected.  These playoff opponents will get harder and harder.  Time to get to the next level.  (I know you can do it).  Yes, this Central fan is calling you  out.  Keep this head of steam and grab another win next week!
[/quote]

[/quote]

HAHAHAha. That's the attitude to have!
You sir, totally crack me up.