2010 World Series

Ty Cobb

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• TEXAS RANGERS
    • san francisco giants

Guest jhamilton
Lol not so sure about jumping on the train but American League baseball is pretty stout. Only reason I give the Giants a slim chance is bc of their pitching. You going to any of the games? I am going to check on tickets today. If they are not to crazy may try catch one.

[quote name="beechnut" post="887932" timestamp="1288100498"]
Lol not so sure about jumping on the train but American League baseball is pretty stout. Only reason I give the Giants a slim chance is bc of their pitching. You going to any of the games? I am going to check on tickets today. If they are not to crazy may try catch one.
[/quote]

I looked at the ticket prices and they are pretty reasonable.  I think the seats in the HR porch were listed at $75.  I don't know if any of those are available but if they are, that's a pretty good seat at a good price for a World Series game.

[quote name="beechnut" post="887932" timestamp="1288100498"]
[/quote]

i really wanted to go, but this is the worst possible timing for me.  My stepdad is having a kidney removed thursday, and my dad is coming into town to visit on saturday, so it would be pretty crappy of me to go to dallas while they're here :)

Guest jhamilton
I checked with a scapler here in Houston and tickets are from five fifty to five thousand. Same tickets I had for the ALCS are a grand each.  ??? Love free enterprise.  8)

Guest jhamilton
Bullets good luck to your stepdad thursday. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery. Question? Why did Bochy leave SD for SF? I like him and remember him as a Astro.

rangers have scored 59 runs this post season in 11 games against two of the best staffs in the AL.  Giants have scored 26 runs this post season in 10 games against two of the best staffs in the NL.  59-26.  i like that stat :).

Giants have given up 24 runs in 10 games this post season. The Rangers have given up 32 runs in 11 games, against better lineups.  I can live with that as well.

[quote name="beechnut" post="889135" timestamp="1288221649"]
Bullets good luck to your stepdad thursday. Hope him the best and a speedy recovery. Question? Why did Bochy leave SD for SF? I like him and remember him as a Astro.
[/quote]

thanks!  he doesn't seem overly concerned... he had cancer on this kidney before, and they took out part of it.  they found some more, it's been about 8 years, so they figure they better just take the whole kidney to keep it from spreading.  since he's had a similar operation before, he's not too stressed about it, but it could be 6-8 weeks before he's able to get back to work (he's a carpenter).

Guest jhamilton
Good deal. Coming back from Marshall and boys in Lufkin are sporting your Rangers gear. Bro you should see the the new student center @ ETBU. Gonna be really good for the kids.

[quote name="beechnut" post="889155" timestamp="1288222652"]
Good deal. Coming back from Marshall and boys in Lufkin are sporting your Rangers gear. Bro you should see the the new student center @ ETBU. Gonna be really good for the kids.
[/quote]

every since i was in elementary school it seemed like whatever school i went to had a nice upgrade a few years after i left it :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami