Which games are you ready to watch?

Ok the basketball season is right around the corner...so what i wanna know is that what game or games are you most looking forward to and why??

Which games are you interested in broadcasting is the real question???  LOL!!!!  You gotta get behind Poppaspear and one other person to be a guest broadcaster!!!! :D :D :D

The 18 games that will be played at the Drum in Austin on March 10-12, 2011. Got to keep my streak going. I have now attended the last 39 state tourneys, looking to make it 40 straight. Also have broadcast games there the last 3 years.

Hopefully at least one of our area teams will be participating. ;)

If you want to see a future star come watch Kelly and the Village School play. The Village school has the number 18 player in the nation for the class of 2012. (Shaquille Cleare) Big
Man with great touch around the basket. Kelly split the series last year so it should be an interesting set of games.

Also Kelly and St. Thomas. Always a big rivalry

[quote name="True Blue" post="883818" timestamp="1287784721"]
I know that they are in different Dist. this year but the Spurger and Evadale game will be a good one this year... Spurger has Big George and Chase but after that is????? Evadale has 5 Starters returning this year... Should be a great game for the small schools
[/quote]After watching both clubs this summer I'd take Spurger by a dozen in this match up.Coach Williams will help the Rebels no doubt but Spurger will get the edge when it comes down to basketball players.I have a feeling the Spurger coach will have a few players developed by the time these 2 teams meet.Plus the Pirates will get alot of practice while the Rebels are still playing football.I will put this one on my calendar to watch though.

[quote name="whsalum" post="884008" timestamp="1287795402"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74703.msg883818#msg883818 date=1287784721]
I know that they are in different Dist. this year but the Spurger and Evadale game will be a good one this year... Spurger has Big George and Chase but after that is????? Evadale has 5 Starters returning this year... Should be a great game for the small schools
[/quote]After watching both clubs this summer I'd take Spurger by a dozen in this match up.Coach Williams will help the Rebels no doubt but Spurger will get the edge when it comes down to basketball players.I have a feeling the Spurger coach will have a few players developed by the time these 2 teams meet.[b]Plus the Pirates will get alot of practice while the Rebels are still playing football[/b].I will put this one on my calendar to watch though.
[/quote]You may have a point there, the way the Rebs are playing football now , Spurger may get 3 or 4 weeks headstart on the hardfloor. ;)

[quote name="utfan06" post="882857" timestamp="1287696015"]
Im ready for HJ vs Kountze:) I think HJ is over rated this year:)  (Zeek im sure youll get fired up about the comment i just made) and I also think PPL are gonna under estimate the Lions this year..
[/quote]

HJ is overrated every year... until they win 30 games and go several rounds deep into the playoffs.  That being said, they're overrated at #3 in the state right now, but they'll still have a very good team again this year.  they're going to be taller and deeper than last year.  you can't replace jacoby, but prudhomme looks like he's ready to be the go-to man, we have our starting PG back, a light's out shooter, a couple of capable big men, and a better bench than last year.

[quote name="True Blue" post="885042" timestamp="1287844031"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=74703.msg884008#msg884008 date=1287795402]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=74703.msg883818#msg883818 date=1287784721]
[/quote]After watching both clubs this summer I'd take Spurger by a dozen in this match up.Coach Williams will help the Rebels no doubt but Spurger will get the edge when it comes down to basketball players.I have a feeling the Spurger coach will have a few players developed by the time these 2 teams meet.[b]Plus the Pirates will get alot of practice while the Rebels are still playing football[/b].I will put this one on my calendar to watch though.
[/quote]You may have a point there, the way the Rebs are playing football now , Spurger may get 3 or 4 weeks headstart on the hardfloor. ;)
[/quote]That was my point, this is a good group at Evadale in several sports and will be hard to replace.The headstart will be greater than that because Spurger will hit the hardwood next week and Evadale could easily go a couple of rounds deep in the football playoffs.

[quote name="bullets13" post="885066" timestamp="1287845840"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=74703.msg882857#msg882857 date=1287696015]
Im ready for HJ vs Kountze:) I think HJ is over rated this year:)  (Zeek im sure youll get fired up about the comment i just made) and I also think PPL are gonna under estimate the Lions this year..
[/quote]

HJ is overrated every year... until they win 30 games and go several rounds deep into the playoffs.  That being said, they're overrated at #3 in the state right now, but they'll still have a very good team again this year.  they're going to be taller and deeper than last year.  you can't replace jacoby, but prudhomme looks like he's ready to be the go-to man, we have our starting PG back, a light's out shooter, a couple of capable big men, and a better bench than last year.
[/quote]I try to be objective every year but I don't see Kountze being anywhere close to what they have been over the past several years, HJ on the other hand I think will be every bit as good as they were last year.They will miss Turners quickness but they have a real young kid that is gonna turn some heads and kid who was on the JV last year that made HUGE strides this summer.Throw in their returning starters and they will be very good.One thing going for Kountze is they play early in the season  before the football injuries will completely heal but HJ still wins this one easily.

These rankings have to be taken with a grain of salt. HJ deserves to be ranked high, as does Cleveland. It does seem like the Tigers always start the year ranked lower than they deserve. Not sure if this is the case this year or not after losing two 6'6" players.  But over the last several years it seems no matter who we are returning we receive a lower ranking than I would expect.

[quote name="ST413" post="885182" timestamp="1287852362"]
These rankings have to be taken with a grain of salt. HJ deserves to be ranked high, as does Cleveland. It does seem like the Tigers always start the year ranked lower than they deserve. Not sure if this is the case this year or not after losing two 6'6" players.  But over the last several years it seems no matter who we are returning we receive a lower ranking than I would expect.
[/quote]

y'all get short-changed every year with the rankings, but as you say, the rankings don't mean anything.  silsbee will be one of the best teams in the state, just as they've been for the past several years.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ST413" post="885182" timestamp="1287852362"]
[/quote]

Agreed Silsbee should b ranked higher...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics