Jeremy Johnson is leaving West Virginia

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="880060" timestamp="1287446926"]
You starting your post with this statement, [b]"Might want to stay off the sidelines since both teams lost!!!!!!! Must be a bad luck charm"[/b], says everything about "your opinion". ::)

What bigred360 just stated says it all.

It's no secret that JJ is transfering, but to what school, that is a decision that the family wants to wait on before making it public. Nothing about me, just trying to be as informative as I can be to the folks here on the site.

If you haven't noticed, I am an administrator here and that is part of my job.

If someone else reveals what Jeremy does, so be it. I just know that I did what I was asked.
[/quote]Do you think i give a dang about "who you are" on this site? Sorry, you're just not that important to me, lol! Actually i know exactly who you are, and if calling a few silsbee game makes you "somebody" then were all in trouble!! My opinion, as stupid as it may be to you and whomever else, is still my opinion.Sorry if you don't like it, or it strikes a nerve. I'm not bashing you, i'm just putting some things in perspective for you. It's obvious to everyone on the site that your a homer from silsbee, and that you may be a "big deal" to people there, but in the big picture does you knowing certain things about a kid that hasn't done anything in the collegiate level matter? Probably not. Just something to chew on in between your "informative" updates.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="880217" timestamp="1287453913"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=74394.msg880060#msg880060 date=1287446926]
You starting your post with this statement, [b]"Might want to stay off the sidelines since both teams lost!!!!!!! Must be a bad luck charm"[/b], says everything about "your opinion". ::)

It's no secret that JJ is transfering, but to what school, that is a decision that the family wants to wait on before making it public. Nothing about me, just trying to be as informative as I can be to the folks here on the site.

If someone else reveals what Jeremy does, so be it. I just know that I did what I was asked.
[/quote]Do you think i give a dang about "who you are" on this site? Sorry, you're just not that important to me, lol! Actually i know exactly who you are, and if calling a few silsbee game makes you "somebody" then were all in trouble!! My opinion, as stupid as it may be to you and whomever else, is still my opinion.Sorry if you don't like it, or it strikes a nerve. I'm not bashing you, i'm just putting some things in perspective for you. It's obvious to everyone on the site that your a homer from silsbee, and that you may be a "big deal" to people there, but in the big picture does you knowing certain things about a kid that hasn't done anything in the collegiate level matter? Probably not. Just something to chew on in between your "informative" updates.
[/quote]you obviously care, or you wouldn't be on the thread reading it...

[quote name="bigred360" post="880054" timestamp="1287446440"]
I know you might not mean to but you come across as a "hater". JJ was a great HS QB and received scholarship offers from several schools. He chose WVU for some reason and it probably wasn't the best decision.

They had Geno Smith who is a sophomore stud. He is 6'3, 210 and was a Parade High School All-American after his senior season at Miramar High School in Miami, Fla.

This season he has passed for 1358 yards, 14 TD's and 2 int's. He has rushed 38 times for 143 yards.

Now, JJ isn't the only college football player to transfer. Heck, Troy Aikman transferred from OU to UCLA. Was he a quiter?  ::)  
[/quote]No, he wasn't a quitter, he broke his ankle in a game vs Miami after he led OU to wins earlier that year vs Kansas St., Minnesota, and #17 Texas. Once he broke his ankle Switzer had no choice but to revert back to the wishbone, where as a "FRESHMAN" a guy stepped in and went on to win them a national championship against Penn St. So the reason he transferred wasn't because he couldn't cut it, it was because Switzer couldn't take the job away from the kid who stepped in and won them a championship. Got anymore questions?? LOL Or excuses??

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="880228" timestamp="1287454235"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74394.msg880217#msg880217 date=1287453913]

[/quote]

ding ding ding! We have a winner :D

[quote name="coachacola" post="873966" timestamp="1286994091"]
The West Virginia head coach confirmed today they Jeremy Johnson is leaving the program:

[quote]Coach Bill Stewart confirmed on his radio show last night that third-string freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson is leaving WVU.  Johnson has been dealing with homesickness all semester, and at one point this season updated his facebook page to say he was transferring to Baylor.  While that post has since been removed, it seems a likely landing spot for Johnson, since it is much closer to his hometown of Houston, Texas.
[/quote]

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/west-virginia-mountaineers/2010/10/13/1748619/jeremy-johnson-is-leaving-wvu-football-morgantown
[/quote]
Just a little trivia tid-bit:  Bill Stewart was the "Tight Ends/Tackles" coach for Arizona State back in 1988 when Lamar played them.

[quote name="smith" post="880295" timestamp="1287457714"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74394.msg873966#msg873966 date=1286994091]
The West Virginia head coach confirmed today they Jeremy Johnson is leaving the program:

[quote]Coach Bill Stewart confirmed on his radio show last night that third-string freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson is leaving WVU.  Johnson has been dealing with homesickness all semester, and at one point this season updated his facebook page to say he was transferring to Baylor.  While that post has since been removed, it seems a likely landing spot for Johnson, since it is much closer to his hometown of Houston, Texas.
[/quote]

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/west-virginia-mountaineers/2010/10/13/1748619/jeremy-johnson-is-leaving-wvu-football-morgantown
[/quote]
Just a little trivia tid-bit:  Bill Stewart was the "Tight Ends/Tackles" coach for Arizona State back in 1988 when Lamar played them.
[/quote]yeah, they beat LU by 11.(24-13)

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="880302" timestamp="1287457915"]
[quote author=smith link=topic=74394.msg880295#msg880295 date=1287457714]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74394.msg873966#msg873966 date=1286994091]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]yeah, they beat LU by 11.(24-13)
[/quote]

And here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnjuuD7v-E4

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880142" timestamp="1287451377"]
"2nd arrest in as many weeks"

we dont need stoners

what this team is missing is a smack you in the face redneck LB.
[/quote]
I know one!  Would one from Caney Head count?;D 

But I am not a liberty to say who it is...... why..........Caney Head is part of Silsbee!!!!  Or it might be because I want Raider99 to read this and wonder who it might beeeeeeee. ;D

[quote name="lcm2007ms" post="880256" timestamp="1287455589"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=74394.msg880228#msg880228 date=1287454235]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74394.msg880217#msg880217 date=1287453913]

[/quote]

ding ding ding! We have a winner :D
[/quote]Thank you...I'd like to thank everyone that believed in me...and I'd like to thank everyone who did not believe in me..(at the Staples Center accepting Grammy) ;D

[quote name="bigred360" post="879846" timestamp="1287434322"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=74394.msg879809#msg879809 date=1287431625]
If he comes back to Lamar.....Do you think it help Lamar on recruiting?
[/quote]

Heck yes it would help recruiting. He would be transferring from a FBS conference school and is a top dual threat QB meaning he can run and pass. That will make the OL look a lot better.

Anyone think Lamar (Coach Woodard and co) will give Willie Jefferson (dismissed from Baylor last week) if he were to request a transfer here an opportunity.

I know it would be a high risk with him but after talking to a co-worker who lost a scholarship offer to Oklahoma State due to getting busted with cocaine in high school and I know it is personal stuff here but I had to go to drug rehab twice. I think he could change if he wanted to but it would not be easy and he should be on a one strike and you are out situation.

If my co-worker didn't confide his pass to me I would have never guess he had a problem because he is highly thought of at the place of my employment. I didn't share with him my past because I was at work and I didn't want the conversation to go into which person had the best stories to tell.
[/quote]

I am all about giving Willie another chance.  I agree it should be a one strike policy but I think Lamar can help Willie just as much as Willie can help Lamar.  That is what is important here.

Also, Jeremy Johnson is freakish athlete that is a very good QB.  Many major D1's would have let him play QB but here we are now.  If we get him it will not only help recruiting it will instantly make us better.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="880552" timestamp="1287499800"]
Exactly sleepy. And that's why those of us on this board care about where he decides to go. But some don't get that. Anyway I hope Aggies keeps pretending he is Chris Mortensen reporting whether Favre is coming out of retirement. (Granted much much much smaller scale) :D
[/quote]

I am not pretending to be anyone, but I get your point ForeverADog. ;) ;D

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="880252" timestamp="1287455429"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74394.msg880054#msg880054 date=1287446440]
I know you might not mean to but you come across as a "hater". JJ was a great HS QB and received scholarship offers from several schools. He chose WVU for some reason and it probably wasn't the best decision.

They had Geno Smith who is a sophomore stud. He is 6'3, 210 and was a Parade High School All-American after his senior season at Miramar High School in Miami, Fla.

This season he has passed for 1358 yards, 14 TD's and 2 int's. He has rushed 38 times for 143 yards.

Now, JJ isn't the only college football player to transfer. Heck, Troy Aikman transferred from OU to UCLA. Was he a quiter?  ::)  
[/quote]No, he wasn't a quitter, he broke his ankle in a game vs Miami after he led OU to wins earlier that year vs Kansas St., Minnesota, and #17 Texas. Once he broke his ankle Switzer had no choice but to revert back to the wishbone, where as a "FRESHMAN" a guy stepped in and went on to win them a national championship against Penn St. So the reason he transferred wasn't because he couldn't cut it, it was because Switzer couldn't take the job away from the kid who stepped in and won them a championship. Got anymore questions?? LOL Or excuses??
[/quote]

I know the reason he transferred to UCLA as I'm a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. Besides Aikman they had Marcus Dupree at TB. So Aikman wasn't the only reason they were running a pro style offense instead of the wishbone. Dupree was recruited by  UCLA, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Colorado, LSU, Southern Mississippi, and Pittsburgh. He chose OU after a visit by Billy Sims. Coach Switzer decided to switch to the I formation to better utilize Dupree's abilities. So, it wasn't Aikman they changed the offense for it was Dupree.

There are hundreds of college football players who transfer schools for one reason or another. That was the point I was attempting to make. Are they all quiters?

[quote name="bigred360" post="880625" timestamp="1287503558"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74394.msg880252#msg880252 date=1287455429]

[/quote]

I know the reason he transferred to UCLA as I'm a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. Besides Aikman they had Marcus Dupree at TB. So Aikman wasn't the only reason they were running a pro style offense instead of the wishbone. Dupree was recruited by  UCLA, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi State, Georgia, Oklahoma, Colorado, LSU, Southern Mississippi, and Pittsburgh. He chose OU after a visit by Billy Sims. Coach Switzer decided to switch to the I formation to better utilize Dupree's abilities. So, it wasn't Aikman they changed the offense for it was Dupree.

There are hundreds of college football players who transfer schools for one reason or another. That was the point I was attempting to make. Are they all quiters?
[/quote]

No they are not.  This kid has a dream of play QUARTERBACK at the college level.  It is his dream and no one else.  If he did not think he could fulfill that at West Virginia(again they have a sophomore and a frehsman ahead of him) than that is not quitting.  It is moving on to fulfill a dream and get better.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880142" timestamp="1287451377"]

we dont need stoners

[/quote]

We are a first year program and two of our starting DL are injured with one being a season ending one. Heck, we had to move a couple of reserve OL to DL last week just to have some depth.

So, it is the DL responsibility to protect the LB's and let them move from sideline to sideline making tackles.

Maybe the reason the vast majority of football teams are lead in tackles by their LB's.

Ours aren't big but they are pretty good. Asim Hicks is 6'0, 210lbs and Jonathan Ekpe 5'11, 205lbs are good but will improve in the offseason with the strenth and conditioning program.

Then hopefully we'll get Anthony Beard the freshman LB from Lumberton back next season from an ACL injury and maybe add a couple of other LB's.

Problems is we only have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out in Feb and LB isn't one of our biggest need areas. We heed a couple more OL and DL add a couple stud skilled position players (if able), heard they might add another kicker. So the few scholarships we have will go fast unless they are able to land a few local stars and give them partials and spread out our scholarships a little.

[quote name="bigred360" post="880664" timestamp="1287506638"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74394.msg880142#msg880142 date=1287451377]

we dont need stoners

[/quote]

We are a first year program and two of our starting DL are injured with one being a season ending one. Heck, we had to move a couple of reserve OL to DL last week just to have some depth.

So, it is the DL responsibility to protect the LB's and let them move from sideline to sideline making tackles.

Maybe the reason the vast majority of football teams are lead in tackles by their LB's.

Ours aren't big but they are pretty good. Asim Hicks is 6'0, 210lbs and Jonathan Ekpe 5'11, 205lbs are good but will improve in the offseason with the strenth and conditioning program.

Then hopefully we'll get Anthony Beard the freshman LB from Lumberton back next season from an ACL injury and maybe add a couple of other LB's.

Problems is we only have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out in Feb and LB isn't one of our biggest need areas. We heed a couple more OL and DL add a couple stud skilled position players (if able), heard they might add another kicker. So the few scholarships we have will go fast unless they are able to land a few local stars and give them partials and spread out our scholarships a little.

[/quote]

I didnt say ours werent any good...  I  like our LBs.  That said, we could use a redneck, smack you in the face LB. Might be Beard, if he comes back from Knee surg. ok.....

[quote name="bigred360" post="880625" timestamp="1287503558"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74394.msg880252#msg880252 date=1287455429]

[/quote]

[/quote]Marcus Dupree was a quitter actually. If you would have kept reading the bio you got your info from you would  have read that his fresh yr was rocky, then his soph yr he played in three games and quit the team after the fourth. He then transferred to so. miss. So i have no idea what you're talking about as far as the Aikman didn't have anything to do with the offensive change back to the wishbone. Aikman had everything to do with it. Anyway, i'm done with this topic since everyone replying to it just doesn't get it. All i'm saying is that if I were J. Johnson, I would want everyone to shut up until I gave a public address on the matter. I wouldn't want people making excuses for me. That's all.

I read everything I needed about Marcus Dupree. What you wanted me to list another player who transferred.  :D But, I'll provide the link I got my information about MD and everyone can read about why OU ran an I formation on offense. As for as JJ, he doesn't need to give anyone an excuse for wanting to transfer. He is a young man and can make his own decisions. That includes transferring schools if he wishes.

Here is the Marcus Dupree information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dupree

[quote name="bigred360" post="880804" timestamp="1287516869"]
I read everything I needed about Marcus Dupree. What you wanted me to list another player who transferred.  :D But, I'll provide the link I got my information about MD and everyone can read about why OU ran an I formation on offense. As for as JJ, he doesn't need to give anyone an excuse for wanting to transfer. He is a young man and can make his own decisions. That includes transferring schools if he wishes.

Here is the Marcus Dupree information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Dupree
[/quote]I never said jj was making the excuses, i said you are. you misread my post, i said if I were J. Johnson i would want all of you to shut up until i was ready to make it public, and not make excuses for me. that's all. And you're so far of base with the Aikman injury thing it's funny. MD quit OU then transferred, then quit S. Miss after he found out he would lose a year of elig.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="880799" timestamp="1287516593"]
If you were Jeremy, would you want people saying he was a "bad luck charm" and telling him to stay away? ;) ::)
[/quote]If i was jj i would be prepared for, and have thicker skin then to let that comment affect me in any way. if he's going to be a big Div I QB he better have thick enough skin to handle alot more than those little comments. and by the way that was actually a joke about the staying off the sidelines thing, since both teams did lose. heck, i'm all for the guy with whatever he decides to do, i just wish ya'll would stop making excuses for him, he doesn't need them. let the kid say why he left whenever he's ready. then we can speculate. jj, as much as these guys hate to hear it, i'm in ur corner.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder