*Vidor Vs. Texas High Broadcast Thread*/TEXAS HIGH WINS 48-41 2OT!!!!

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="texark66" post="832944" timestamp="1282973228"]
Vidor Pirates, You all played a tremendous game and Tx High was very fortunate to win. I think you all will do fine. Tx. High made a ton of mistakes, but Vidor made the game as close as it was. Your team, fans, and coaches are a class act. Go get em the rest of the year. I hope all the Vidor fans that saw the game will never forget the effort your team showed. This game was a nail bitter for sure.

See you all next year in Lufkin
[/quote] 8)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,  now after getting some sleep I will say some things on the Pirates.  First,  Texas High was BIGGG and Fast but we hung in there well.  The name of the game this year for the young Pirates is [u]Discipline[/u].  Offense,  I think a counted 9 false starts.  Those were drive killers on 5 of our possesions.  AKA Punts.  I am sure the coaching staff will get that fixed.  Defense, on two of the touchdown passes for Texas high we had mental breakdowns and let the recievers get behind us.  I am sure the coaching staff will fix that also.  (We are young).  But the tackling was a nightmare and for those of us at the game you know what i mean.  Brutal.  When your safeies are getting their name called out all night for make tackles,  thats not good.  I hope the coaching staff can fix this.  The offence had a swagger and the defence looked timid.  Fix the defence and this will get interesting.  Most of all I would like to tell the young Pirates you made SETX proud the way you played last night and made alot of people that really didnt know what we had go  :o.   Remember, Play like Champions and you will be Champions.  Great job and lets continue to improve.

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="833100" timestamp="1283006647"]
G Gilbert aren't you the one that said we were gonna be terrible after the Orangefield scrimmage. Can't be a fence rider!
[/quote]    Yes i did i havent got to see Vidor with my own eyes yet, all i can go by is what i hear from people that are close to the program, i hope vidor does well, but i mean lets be for real if you only beat orangefield on the last play of a scrimmage that really wouldnt make you think that vidor was going to be real good, but i hope i am wrong if they go to bridge city and play this well then ok but you never know

[quote name="pirate68" post="833313" timestamp="1283020642"]
Did anyone ever find stats for the game? They should be eye popping.
[/quote]I don't have "official" stats..I got caught up in game several times..but Vidor had around 300 yards of total offence..Clark was leading rusher by far. didn't keep stats for Tx high.Clark 3 td's. Bolinger 2 td's. and the one that got fumbled into endzone I dont know who recovered it.

[quote name="piratefan" post="833345" timestamp="1283023179"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72110.msg833313#msg833313 date=1283020642]
[/quote]I don't have "official" stats..I got caught up in game several times..but Vidor had around 300 yards of total offence..Clark was leading rusher by far. didn't keep stats for Tx high.Clark 3 td's. Bolinger 2 td's. and the one that got fumbled into endzone I dont know who recovered it.
[/quote]Here's the stats according to Ipreps, take it for what it's worth.

Texarkana Texas       Vidor
Total yards             523               358
First downs               30                 17
Rushes/Yds 36/270           54/282
Average rush       7.5               5.22
Comp/Atts         13/20/0             2/3/0 I assume the third number is interceptions
Pass yards               253                 76
Comp pct               65             66.67
Punts                         1                   4
Punting Yards         0                 165
Punting Average         0               41.25
Fumbles/Lost       3/2                 4/1
Penalties-yards     6-70             10-75

[quote name="piratefan" post="833345" timestamp="1283023179"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=72110.msg833313#msg833313 date=1283020642]
[/quote]Thanks...Sounded like the Vidor coaches were pretty fired up sitting beside you in the press box last night.

[quote name="daddy23" post="832753" timestamp="1282967642"]
[quote author=Pirate for Life! link=topic=72110.msg832501#msg832501 date=1282963705]
[quote author=Pierats222 link=topic=72110.msg832482#msg832482 date=1282963300]
Texas High is on their own 9, great punt by Jacob Jeanise!!
[/quote]kicking game is looking good!
[/quote]

You jinxed us!!!!!!!    ;)
[/quote]Sorry!

Well, I am glad to see that Welch has the O-line clicking and the offense did a lot better than I was expecting before the season started.
But why didn't the D show up? Back to the drawing board this week. Even if it turns into scorefest every game, well, we haven't got a good track record for wins with that. Our D has got to apply the brakes.
Wasn't able to make this game, so I don't have a lot to go on. Should make the next one.

Cutlass, you  have to be the worst fan any team can wish for. The "young" pirates just took the 2007 state champs to double overtime and you are complaining about the defense( 5 sophomores starting)!! Reading all your posts, you are the most negative fan I have ever seen. Do us true pirate fans a favor and pick another team to root for. Hopefully we won't see you at the next game!  P.S. - how would you know the o line was clicking if you weren't there?

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="834082" timestamp="1283055852"]
Cutlass, you  have to be the worst fan any team can wish for. The "young" pirates just took the 2007 state champs to double overtime and you are complaining about the defense( 5 sophomores starting)!! Reading all your posts, you are the most negative fan I have ever seen. Do us true pirate fans a favor and pick another team to root for. Hopefully we won't see you at the next game!  P.S. - how would you know the o line was clicking if you weren't there?
[/quote]

Oh shut up. All I did was point out the truth: we have never been a score-for-score team. Sorry to break that to you.
And why wouldn't you want us to put more focus on defense? Do you not think those sophomores can get better? If it was a scorefest, well, then they were not playing to full potential. Which is really the fault of the coaches. But hey, go right ahead and say I'm bashing the kids or whatever.
Instead of me picking "another team to root for" why don't you "true pirate fans" learn how to take constructive criticism?
As for the O-line, uh well, the score was a pretty good indication. Any other duh factors you want to bring up?  ::)

Make me shut up mouth! You don't know what constructive criticism is. All you do is sit behind your computer and criticize everything the coaches and players do. Your a wanna be coach that didn't have the guts to get into the profession, so you sit back and try to act like you know what your talking about and you really have no clue!

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="834251" timestamp="1283097151"]
Make me shut up mouth! You don't know what constructive criticism is. All you do is sit behind your computer and criticize everything the coaches and players do. Your a wanna be coach that didn't have the guts to get into the profession, so you sit back and try to act like you know what your talking about and you really have no clue!
[/quote]

Amen ... I just applauded you. 

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="834251" timestamp="1283097151"]
[/quote]
Good Post!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho