**WEST HARDIN HC POSITION NOW OPEN**

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="football" post="794895" timestamp="1272298735"]
Local boy gets this job.
[/quote]

UHHHHH, I am sure of that.  ;D ;D  Not many local area attractions to draw someone from anywhere else.  I can hear it now, let's run over to Kountze shop at the flea market and get a bite.  Heck, can't even go to Honey Island Swiming Pool anymore.

My dad was QB at West Hardin many years ago.......go figure.    

Thought Westfall would leave a couple of years ago, so they held him longer than some would have thought. They may do better to hire someone from the outside that will not be influenced by people they know. Might be hard for someone from there to come in and make it work. I know the downfall is that outside coaches do not always stay in a small community very long, but a hometowner can catch a lot of quick fire over accusations of favoritism to people they know.

Either way, wish them well. There are some kids that should be on varsity about now that should have some talent.   

[quote name="football" post="795357" timestamp="1272391974"]
Job is now posted on west hardin website.  It will be purely admin.  - Assistant Principal and Athletic Director.  NO COACHING.
[/quote]

Wow. If the AD doesn't coach football, are they promoting the football coach from within? And who is it? Or are they hiring the head football separate from AD? Interesting.

[quote name="playdefense" post="795882" timestamp="1272561563"]
Take this to the bank - Coach Taylor from Anahuac will be the man.  Just bought a house that direction and he is ready to make it happen in West Hardin.

[/quote]

That would be an interesting move.  I guess it is better than El Paso.

On another note, Who would be willing to take that pay cut to move into admin? Guess the prestige of being an admin.

Wow! Why would they post it then take it down so quickly? Something fishy is going on here. I will bet they already have their man and are just making it appear is if they have a valid selection process. I will also bet their man gets more than the posted amount.

[quote name="playdefense" post="795882" timestamp="1272561563"]
Take this to the bank - Coach Taylor from Anahuac will be the man.  Just bought a house that direction and he is ready to make it happen in West Hardin.

[/quote] It wont be him

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder