All District Prospects for 20-4A...

Who do you feel will be on the 20-4A all district team?  

1. 1. Who do you feel will be on the 20-4A all district team?

• ?
    • ?

[quote name="renae70" post="797374" timestamp="1272913205"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794030#msg794030 date=1272055298]
I'll state players that IMO should obviously be in the running:
PNG:  Rhame(1B), Reyenga(P/OF), Sweetenham(P/3B), Stone(SS), Jalali(OF)  
Ned:  Bellow(P/1B/MVP); Laird(P/1B/OF); Cardenas(OF); Brady(OF); Pitts(DH); Sonnier(SS)
Vid:  T. Hester(P); Hagler(P/3B); M. Hester(C); Mojica(OF)
LCM:  S. Waddell(1B); Landry(SS)
Lum:  Bell(P); Bingham(C)
Liv:  ??
Ozen:  Nobody
Cen:  Nobody

Defensive MVP:  Babino(C) since he doesn't get to bat with Pitts as DH.

I know my opinion seems weighted to the top three teams in district but I believe those three teams are that much better than the rest due to talent level.  I also know there are probably some I missedbut off the top of my head these are the players that have stuck out.  
[/quote
There are some pretty good players on Central and Ozen team even though they didn't win, they still played as well as anyone else.

Fore Central Donte Gilmore and Devan Ogletree and for Ozen Tre Thomas and Greg Monette.  These are some pretty good players even though their teams didnt do well..
[/quote]

No way do they beat out the players from Nederland, PNG, or Vidor...someone from Central and Ozen will make the team but that only lessens the honor that should come with being All District.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="797395" timestamp="1272917912"]
[quote author=renae70 link=topic=68941.msg797374#msg797374 date=1272913205]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg794030#msg794030 date=1272055298]
Ned:  Bellow(P/1B/MVP); Laird(P/1B/OF); Cardenas(OF); Brady(OF); Pitts(DH); Sonnier(SS)

I know my opinion seems weighted to the top three teams in district but I believe those three teams are that much better than the rest due to talent level.  I also know there are probably some I missedbut off the top of my head these are the players that have stuck out.  
[/quote
There are some pretty good players on Central and Ozen team even though they didn't win, they still played as well as anyone else.

Fore Central Donte Gilmore and Devan Ogletree and for Ozen Tre Thomas and Greg Monette.  These are some pretty good players even though their teams didnt do well..
[/quote]

[b]No way do they beat out the players from Nederland, PNG, or Vidor[/b]...someone from Central and Ozen will make the team but that only lessens the honor that should come with being All District.[/quote]

Every team will be represented.  Some deserving players will get passed over to allow every team to have some representatives.  You may not like it, but that is the way it usually goes.

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="797395" timestamp="1272917912"]

[/quote

[/quote]

No way do they beat out the players from Nederland, PNG, or Vidor...someone from Central and Ozen will make the team but that only lessens the honor that should come with being All District.
[/quote]

Speak for yourself.  Who are u to judge other players talent.  Central and Ozen can have all district players just as all other school even though they dont get the wins. These schools dont have perfect players and all schools can have all district players.  So why dont you speak for yourself about yourself and quit speaking for others, Mr Luke

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="797403" timestamp="1272919511"]
[quote author=Cool Hand Luke link=topic=68941.msg797395#msg797395 date=1272917912]

[/quote

[/quote]

[b]No way do they beat out the players from Nederland, PNG, or Vidor[/b]...someone from Central and Ozen will make the team but that only lessens the honor that should come with being All District.[/quote]

Every team will be represented.  Some deserving players will get passed over to allow every team to have some representatives.  You may not like it, but that is the way it usually goes.
[/quote]

Mr PhatMack19, your talking like those two schools dont have kids that have all-distict potential just like the rest of them.  Like they are just being put on there  but not by their talent.  If yall take the time out to even watch some of these kids maybe yall will have a better attitude towards these kids. 

I'm not trying to offend but when you consistently get ten run ruled and no-hit there is no way any player's stats would compare to those of the teams at the top of the district.  Doesn't mean there aren't some good players on Central and Ozen.  They just don't match up with the players from the top four teams.  Since you seem to think your are better than the players that have been mentioned, tell who they would be able to beat out on the top four teams and why they should beat them out? 

[quote name="vidor pirate" post="797752" timestamp="1273004674"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=68941.msg797735#msg797735 date=1273001332]
For fun

Complete your 20-4A line up

Pitcher...
Catcher...
1B........
2B........
3B........
SS.......
OF........
OF........
OF........
DH........

[/quote]
can i pick more than 1 pitcher??? lol
[/quote]

Not if it's a line up and that really makes it hard. Not real sure some 3A guys might not make this line up.

[quote name="td" post="797767" timestamp="1273007040"]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=68941.msg797752#msg797752 date=1273004674]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=68941.msg797735#msg797735 date=1273001332]
For fun

Pitcher...
Catcher...
1B........
2B........
3B........
SS.......
OF........
OF........
OF........
DH........

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not if it's a line up and that really makes it hard. Not real sure some 3A guys might not make this line up.
[/quote] Note: the starting post says all district prospects for [b]20/4A NOT 3A.[/b] start a 3A post td.

Pitcher...BELLOW (NED) /LAIRD (NED) /HESTER (VIDOR)
Catcher...BABINO (NED) /HESTER (VIDOR)
1B........LAIRD (NED)
2B........SCHLETT (NED)
3B........SMITH (NED) /SWEETENHAM (PNG)
SS.......SONNIER (NED)
OF........CARDENAS (NED)
OF........BRADY (NED)
OF........REYENGA (PNG)
DH........PITTS (NED)

[quote name="XDOG" post="797893" timestamp="1273046565"]
Pitcher...BELLOW (NED) /LAIRD (NED) /HESTER (VIDOR)
Catcher...BABINO (NED) /HESTER (VIDOR)
1B........LAIRD (NED)
2B........SCHLETT (NED)
3B........SMITH (NED) /SWEETENHAM (PNG)
SS.......SONNIER (NED)
OF........CARDENAS (NED)
OF........BRADY (NED)
OF........REYENGA (PNG)
DH........PITTS (NED)

Great picks.....love you thinking ;D

[/quote] ;D

[quote name="NDNS87" post="797775" timestamp="1273009722"]
[quote author=td link=topic=68941.msg797767#msg797767 date=1273007040]
[quote author=vidor pirate link=topic=68941.msg797752#msg797752 date=1273004674]
For fun

Pitcher...
Catcher...
1B........
2B........
3B........
SS.......
OF........
OF........
OF........
DH........

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] Note: the starting post says all district prospects for [b]20/4A NOT 3A.[/b] start a 3A post td.
[/quote]

No need for me to start a 3A post. I made a comment only. Not trying to deviate from the thread, but thanks anyway. Note: it was an opinion not changing the thread ndn.

I've seen Nederland play all of the teams in 20-4a at least once and I think you have to go with Sonnier at SS.

I heard his batting average was well over .400.  The kid is always on base and I think his fielding percentage was somewhere in the mid-90s.

It's hard to see it going to anyone else.

Actually, I would vote for an all Nederland middle infield.  Schlett is certainly deserving.

Would have to go with the Sonnier/Schlett duo too!  Watched them play middle infield together for 7 years now and you'd be hard pressed to find a better combo. Its like they know what the other is going to do before it happens!!  Love these boys!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="1696dogs" post="798550" timestamp="1273176100"]
Would have to go with the Sonnier/Schlett duo too!  Watched them play middle infield together for 7 years now and you'd be hard pressed to find a better combo. Its like they know what the other is going to do before it happens!!  Love these boys!
[/quote]

I need some good directions!

[quote name="1696dogs" post="798550" timestamp="1273176100"]
[/quote]  I have to agree with you, Sonnier is probabaly the best shortstop around  he is for sure division 1 product. It would be nice to see him and kirby stay together at UT. Hookem Horns!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder