Check this out $60 million New Stadium for Allen ISD..WOW

[quote name="skipmeister" post="791577" timestamp="1271529071"]
I live not very far where that stadium is! I understand that high school football is a way of life in this state but do they need similar college/pro amenities?
[/quote] Maybe one day we'll have more stadiums like this here in SE Texas and get caught up with the times.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
I think for any High School to have a 60 million dollar stadium is border line insanity..Looks like there are more things it could be used for...JMO

Guest ECBucFan
I just got back from Allen, and that is a very affluent area, BUT, in Allen or anywhere, it's an indications of warped priorities. You could probably not find anyone who loves HS football as much as I do, but I keep things in correct perspective. HS sports are [i]extracurricular[/i], they ARE NOT supposed to be larger than the real reason schools exist: EDUCATION.   

Check out this link to see every aspect of the stadium.  It's impressive and we are a bit jealous here in SETX.

[url=http://www.allenisd.org/20061061015583133/lib/20061061015583133/Bond%20Project%20Artwork-Files/Stadium%20Update.pdf]http://www.allenisd.org/20061061015583133/lib/20061061015583133/Bond%20Project%20Artwork-Files/Stadium%20Update.pdf[/url]

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="791759" timestamp="1271620577"]
I just got back from Allen, and that is a very affluent area, BUT, in Allen or anywhere, it's an indications of warped priorities. You could probably not find anyone who loves HS football as much as I do, but I keep things in correct perspective. HS sports are [i]extracurricular[/i], they ARE NOT supposed to be larger than the real reason schools exist: EDUCATION.   
[/quote]
AMEN!
$60 million is an awful lot of money...

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="791885" timestamp="1271681279"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=68767.msg791759#msg791759 date=1271620577]
[/quote]
AMEN!
$60 million is an awful lot of money...
[/quote]I agree that school is for education...... but when is the last time a spelling bee brought in $50,000-$80,000 in revenue a night????.... Since most of our nation’s leaders and most of our nation's protectors (Army, Navy, etc...) played some type of "extracurricular" activity.......... I say that sports not only educate our young adults, but build our nation’s leaders for tomorrow!!!....
In my mind the money is justified!!!!!

Very nice, over the top in my opinion. OK PNG, let's build a roof over ours and be the first HS in Texas with a dome with a retractable roof ;D Seriously, I would think the majority of the guys on here that love HS football would even say that what Allen is doing is over the top. Another thing on Allen is they only have one high school, which I think may be the largest in the state. They are trying to be Plano.  I think Plano, Allen, and Frisco are trying to show each other who is richer than the other.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="793977" timestamp="1272047129"]
Very nice, over the top in my opinion. OK PNG, let's build a roof over ours and be the first HS in Texas with a dome with a retractable roof ;D Seriously, I would think the majority of the guys on here that love HS football would even say that what Allen is doing is over the top. Another thing on Allen is they only have one high school, which I think may be the largest in the state. They are trying to be Plano.  I think Plano, Allen, and Frisco are trying to show each other who is richer than the other.
[/quote]

I personally think its great.  Allen is a great school district with great academics, and this stadium shows they are getting the athletic facilities to that same level.  The Allen administration and community obviously love their football, and their kids, and its showing.  With what they pay, and the facilities they have, they almost guaranteed to have great coaches leading their teams too.

Tatum ISD, where East Chambers ex Andy Evans is, did something similar.  When the new sup, got their he upgraded the schools and put a priority on the academic side of things.  Once that was done, he said he wanted the best facilities in the state for sports (3A on down).  It wasn't just talk, he proved he was a man of his word.  Tatum ISD is first class all the way.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="793490" timestamp="1271956834"]
I agree with the money spent wisely issue.  PNG has a very nice stadium that is more than adequate for Championship football.  That said, I am sure that Lamar has a architectural drawings that are similar that would give us better picture than what we have seen so far.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/fishon37/lamarstadium.jpg[/img]

[quote name="fanofthegame7" post="794714" timestamp="1272239165"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=68767.msg793490#msg793490 date=1271956834]
I agree with the money spent wisely issue.  PNG has a very nice stadium that is more than adequate for Championship football.  That said, I am sure that Lamar has a architectural drawings that are similar that would give us better picture than what we have seen so far.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/fishon37/lamarstadium.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Is there a lot more of these kind of picture somewhere we can view them?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami