Carrol Thomas Stadium? Carroll A. Butch Stadium It IS!!!!!!!!!!

I do not follow any particular district....my job takes me several places... I am just stating FACTS... BISD and its sup. can not measure up to the upper schools in the state.... I want them too, but they can't.. so why is he the highest paid sup. in the state... you can give the hater answer or you can give the truth or a honest opinion...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tupac7" post="790444" timestamp="1271301429"]
I do not follow any particular district....my job takes me several places... I am just stating FACTS... BISD and its sup. can not measure up to the upper schools in the state.... I want them too, but they can't.. so why is he the highest paid sup. in the state... you can give the hater answer or you can give the truth or a honest opinion...
[/quote]

Your posts will make more sense when you start comparing Beaumont to cities with similar socio-economic conditions.  SLC , Katy and Plano don't face the kind of problems that we have.  Instead, how are we doing compared to Baytown, Channelview, or maybe Corpus Christi?  I don't know the answer, but it would be a truer indication of Mr Thomas' worth.

[quote name="westend1" post="790508" timestamp="1271335188"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=68626.msg790444#msg790444 date=1271301429]
[/quote]

Your posts will make more sense when you start comparing Beaumont to cities with similar socio-economic conditions.   SLC , Katy and Plano don't face the kind of problems that we have.  Instead, how are we doing compared to Baytown, Channelview, or maybe Corpus Christi?   I don't know the answer, but it would be a truer indication of Mr Thomas' worth.
[/quote]
Very good point...

Exxon Mobil Stadium...Cha Ching!!! ;D

Should be nicknamed "The Cage".  For all three predator animals that represent the schools. Stepping into "The Cage" on Friday and Saturday nights would be a bad idea!

Like Jackie Moon said on Semi-Pro when he stepped into the cage to wrestle the bear..."I immediately regret this decision!" ;D

[/quote]Stop being so naive. The easiest super job is super of a very wealthy all white ISD. The hardest would be a poor minority uneducated parents ISD. BISD falls in the middle. Thomas has done an excellent job at BISD. Before Thomas, BISD was awful. New schools, higher grades, more kids going to college is a mark of success, not failure.
NYC graduation rate for minorities is about 50%. I think the Thomas haters would love Thomas he produced NYC numbers.

However I think it is a bad idea to name the complex after Thomas. Wait until he retires.

[quote name="The D.A." post="790246" timestamp="1271276059"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68626.msg790240#msg790240 date=1271274825]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68626.msg790236#msg790236 date=1271274687]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68626.msg790233#msg790233 date=1271274516]
I think we should call it "the stump".    Really, i hope they just call it Beaumont Stadium and leave it at that.
[/quote]I agree... With the Beaumont Stadium part...  8) 8)
[/quote]
Me three
[/quote]How bout ''TITAN Stadium''  Beaumont bowl champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D ;) 8)
[/quote]exactly

Remember a chief is only as good as the indians around him. With that said im not commenting on Carrol Thomas but on the teachers of beaumont, and i think they are doing a great job with what they have. The citizens are to be commended for passing the bond to improve the schools and if you are mad about something do something productive to make a difference not just complain on a website.

[quote name="Justme" post="790572" timestamp="1271344422"]
Remember a chief is only as good as the indians around him. With that said im not commenting on Carrol Thomas but on the teachers of beaumont, and i think they are doing a great job with what they have. The citizens are to be commended for passing the bond to improve the schools and if you are mad about something do something productive to make a difference not just complain on a website.
[/quote]

I agree... trying to compare them to the Southlake Carroll's of the world is not even close to fair. Two vastly different demographics.

[/quote]I'll roll with the first option..  If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..., well, you know the rest...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="790585" timestamp="1271345926"]
Actually, Badndn, a bear eats more berries and vegitation than meat, making it an omnivore.  Brook aint vicious enough to be in 'the cage'.   :D :D
[/quote]

yeah.  We like berries and roots, with a Jaguar and a Panther once a year.                ;)

[quote name="dayton" post="790573" timestamp="1271344519"]
[quote author=Justme link=topic=68626.msg790572#msg790572 date=1271344422]
[/quote]

I agree... trying to compare them to the Southlake Carroll's of the world is not even close to fair. Two vastly different demographics.
[/quote]

Don't we want to have the best...Doesn't everyone strive to be the best. Compensation should be based on performance. The schools, facilities, and test scores are better at those places...plain and simple. Quit making excuses about how it is not fair to compare schools because of social demographics. That is just settling instead of trying to be the best. I for one want to see us on those levels. If he gets there pay him a million dollars..If he doesnt find someone that will.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="Keyser Soze" post="790596" timestamp="1271347552"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=68626.msg790526#msg790526 date=1271338999]
How bout South Park Memorial Stadium  :D
[/quote]

Forest Park Memorial sounds better. :D
[/quote]
How bout South Forest Hebert Memorial Park Stadium  ;D

i have nothing against dr. thomas, but if he accepts the board's recommendation to name the complex after him, this will show me a lot about his character. the complex is for the children of bisd and should be named after the district, not the superintendent.

[quote name="tupac7" post="790590" timestamp="1271346959"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=68626.msg790573#msg790573 date=1271344519]
[quote author=Justme link=topic=68626.msg790572#msg790572 date=1271344422]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't we want to have the best...Doesn't everyone strive to be the best. [b]Compensation should be based on performance[/b]. The schools, facilities, and test scores are better at those places...plain and simple. Quit making excuses about how it is not fair to compare schools because of social demographics. That is just settling instead of trying to be the best. I for one want to see us on those levels. If he gets there pay him a million dollars..If he doesnt find someone that will.
[/quote]

sure we want to be the best... but when someone, is at a disadvantage they are obviously starting from a different point although the goals are the same. Since this is a football thread, let's spin it that way... Southlake Carroll starts their drives at the 40 yd line (funding, supportive parents, etc.) Beaumont ISD by at large starts theirs at the 10 making it harder to reach those goals.

When they start compensating school districts based on performance without figuring in starting points or % of improvement, I'll start looking elsewhere for a job.

I cant see where naming the stadium after him would help bring this community together.  Any name that would be a victory for some while a slap in the face of others will not get us all the results we are searching for.  Already we have seen from post on this thread that opposition is associated with hatred which lets be straight forward----haters is a substitute word for prejudice. 

I am in opposition to this and I do not hate the man. But it would be a mistake to seperate a community that has been working so hard to come together.

Soulja---quick question.  Give me a handful of berries and I will give you a slab of fresh raw meat.  Who's gonna get  to feed the BEAR?  Think about this before you post something embarrasing again.  ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="790754" timestamp="1271368397"]
Feed them Cotton candy to match their Coolaid colored jerseys... ;D
[/quote]
Speaking of new uniforms, Da Brook is going to have pictures of the Beaumont Bowl Trophy put on the back side of their jerseys so the Panthers and Jags will get a chance to see what it looks like as they soft shoe around them.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="WeedBegone" post="790755" timestamp="1271368857"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68626.msg790754#msg790754 date=1271368397]
[/quote]
Speaking of new uniforms, Da Brook is going to have pictures of the Beaumont Bowl Trophy put on the back side of their jerseys so the Panthers and Jags will get a chance to see what it looks like as they soft shoe around them.
[/quote]
BAM!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Newbie" post="790768" timestamp="1271371629"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=68626.msg790755#msg790755 date=1271368857]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68626.msg790754#msg790754 date=1271368397]
[/quote]
[/quote]
BAM!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder