How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?

How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the state champions would beat UConn women?

The UCONN Women are not your typical women's team. They would beat the 1A-3A teams. I just dont know about Yates and Bush.

That being said. Tina Charles is a great low post player. Caroline Doty can absolutely play and shoot the lights out of it. Then there's Mya Moore...Wow. She could absolutely match up with any of these teams in terms of her game. She plays the game like a man. That is not a derogatory comment but she doesn't have the form that most women do she shoots like a man. She handles the ball and puts it on the floor and can attack the rim.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on... There is a HUGE difference between the boys and the ladies. Just look at the Griner girl @ Baylor. She gets how many blocks a game just because she can get up near/above 10'. Every state champ has multiple kids who can play above the rim(4a/5a probably all of them) and run the floor too. I agree the Uconn coach could put his girls in positions to score some points, but they would lose to every state champ. Now could they beat many boys teams? yes. State champs, NO!!

[quote name="The Ingredient" post="784999" timestamp="1270128185"]
Come on... There is a HUGE difference between the boys and the ladies. Just look at the Griner girl @ Baylor. She gets how many blocks a game just because she can get up near/above 10'. Every state champ has multiple kids who can play above the rim(4a/5a probably all of them) and run the floor too. I agree the Uconn coach could put his girls in positions to score some points, but they would lose to every state champ. Now could they beat many boys teams? yes. State champs, NO!!
[/quote]

1a teams with alot of players playing above the rim? I dont think so. Theres a difference between being able to dunk and playing above the rim. Lebron plays above the rim, the kids in the dunk contest the other night play above the rim. NONE of the state champions have multiple guys who can play like that. You dont think the women can run the floor? They score like 90 points a game.

Starting five for UCONN
Maya Moore 6'
Tina Charles 6'4
Tiffany Hayes 5'10
Caroline Doty 5'10
Kalana Green 5'10

Two bench players 6'2 or taller

Lubbock Estacado 5 leading Scorers
Kevin Wagner 5'8
Clarence Willard 6'2
Ti Russel 6'3
Ryheim Hunter n/a
Barry Johnson 5'10

Looks to me they match up pretty well

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="785125" timestamp="1270145217"]
[quote author=The Ingredient link=topic=67982.msg784999#msg784999 date=1270128185]
[/quote]

1a teams with alot of players playing above the rim? I dont think so. Theres a difference between being able to dunk and playing above the rim. Lebron plays above the rim, the kids in the dunk contest the other night play above the rim. NONE of the state champions have multiple guys who can play like that. You dont think the women can run the floor? They score like 90 points a game.

Starting five for UCONN
Maya Moore 6'
Tina Charles 6'4
Tiffany Hayes 5'10
Caroline Doty 5'10
Kalana Green 5'10

Kevin Wagner 5'8
Clarence Willard 6'2
Ti Russel 6'3
Ryheim Hunter n/a
Barry Johnson 5'10

[/quote]

you take two fairly evenly sized teams, and give one of those teams a HUGE advantage in atheticism, speed, rebounding, and strength, and they're going to be the favorite to win.  Sure UCONN will have the better coach, but they wouldn't be able to hang with a really good HS boys' team. 

You cant compare guys and girls teams, the guys would be able to rebound at will agains the Uconn team and everyone on this board knows that if you control the boards you will most likely win.  the boys team would also cause the women to foul like crazy trying to keep the guys in front of them. So the Uconn women in my openion would be able to keep the 1A div. 2 team close the others would win by 10+

[quote name="D WADE" post="785183" timestamp="1270151981"]
You cant compare guys and girls teams, the guys would be able to rebound at will agains the Uconn team and everyone on this board knows that if you control the boards you will most likely win.  the boys team would also cause the women to foul like crazy trying to keep the guys in front of them. So the Uconn women in my openion would be able to keep the 1A div. 2 team close the others would win by 10+
[/quote]

Are you forgetting these are Division 1 Athletes who have had expert training in strength and conditioning. Why would they be able to out rebound? When it comes to the fundamentals of rebounding and boxing out I'll take the best Division 1 women's basketball team in the country. so they can't keep them in front of them two words...zone defense.

Well I can see the boys beating up on the girls any day...  BUT 3A and lower would have more trouble.  It is alot about coaching too! I would say the 3A teams could win but 4A and 5A are no doubts.  #A and lower would pound the girls in transition though!    The 6'10" for Bush would pose the girls BIG problems! The tall guards for Bush would be equally hard to handle and the speed would finish them off.  I can't see a girls team handling Yates press, that is the end.  Everyone reads the roster sheet and think Yates is this college team with all that size but they are not.  But there are five guards that make this team go ranging from 5'8 to 6'3!!!  The athleticism of Elton Roy, Brandon Peters, and Joseph Young would be too much for the girls to handle!!! Most people don't know unless they watch Yates... But that team is at its best when they go four to five guards on the court!!! They try to leave the 6'7" kid on the floor but they are tough when those 6'3, 6'3, 6'2, & 5'8 guards are on the court at the same time! (Roy, Young, Peters, and Gardner)

Guest speechless
kelly bball

u ap?prently didnt see caugya play

they got 3 d1 signees for football that culd all play bball

did u even go to the state tourney

[quote name="speechless" post="785210" timestamp="1270158799"]
kelly bball

[/quote]

And you have apparently not seen UCONN play.  They have the best girls talent from around the country, AND THEY ARE IN COLLEGE.  Think about how much more practice they have had, their shooting, passing and defending ability.  Maya Moore!  And Geno!  Cayuga is a 1A school.  Sure they absolutely blew out some of the teams they played.  So could Nederland, Ozen, even LCM and Livingston. Cayuga isn't  even in the league of some of the best 4A teams in this area.  Do not underestimate how big of a difference classification makes in basketball.  And quit dissing girls basketball.  Every single one of those UCONN girls is a flat-out outliar.  Being honest; how many boys for Cayuga could play big-time D1 ball.  NONE

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="785736" timestamp="1270250990"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=67982.msg785210#msg785210 date=1270158799]
kelly bball

[/quote]

And you have apparently not seen UCONN play.  They have the best girls talent from around the country, AND THEY ARE IN COLLEGE.  Think about how much more practice they have had, their shooting, passing and defending ability.  Maya Moore!  And Geno!  Cayuga is a 1A school.  Sure they absolutely blew out some of the teams they played.  So could Nederland, Ozen, even LCM and Livingston. Cayuga isn't  even in the league of some of the best 4A teams in this area.  Do not underestimate how big of a difference classification makes in basketball.  And quit dissing girls basketball.  Every single one of those UCONN girls is a flat-out outliar.  Being honest; how many boys for Cayuga could play big-time D1 ball.  NONE
[/quote]

Apparently you didnt see Cayuga play... This was a 1A school that wasnt a typical 1A school, they had 3A-4A athletes.  Could Cayuga play with the 4A teams in this area?  Yes.  You want proof?  Cayuga beat Crockett before district and Crockett (who was state ranked in 3A for a while) beat LCM in the HJ Tournament.  Cayuga also beat 3A Van who won their district and they and Crockett made it to the regional quarters in the playoffs.  Cayuga's only 2 losses were to state ranked 3A Argyle and Navasota in the Whataburger tournament, which were losses by less than 10 pts.  Both of those games were played with only 2 practices since they won the state championship in football.  These guys could definitely hang with the 3A-4A teams in this area, and they'd outphysical several of them.  Ask some of the other guys that saw Cayuga in the state tournament like AAW...

[quote name="bullets13000" post="785180" timestamp="1270151450"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=67982.msg785125#msg785125 date=1270145217]
[quote author=The Ingredient link=topic=67982.msg784999#msg784999 date=1270128185]
[/quote]

Starting five for UCONN
Maya Moore 6'
Tina Charles 6'4
Tiffany Hayes 5'10
Caroline Doty 5'10
Kalana Green 5'10

Kevin Wagner 5'8
Clarence Willard 6'2
Ti Russel 6'3
Ryheim Hunter n/a
Barry Johnson 5'10

[/quote]

you take two fairly evenly sized teams, and give one of those teams a HUGE advantage in atheticism, speed, rebounding, and strength, and they're going to be the favorite to win.  Sure UCONN will have the better coach, but they wouldn't be able to hang with a really good HS boys' team. 
[/quote]

People were saying this last year about new waverly and ponder, Ponder was NOWHERE near as athletic as nw, didnt have the same size, and couldnt run out of sight, or jump up on a curb.......But what was the outcome of that game?

The UCONN girls would just calmly take shots, hit most of them and win the game, especially on the free throw line.  The Yates boys would get too frustrated by being down at some point in the game, lose their composure, start to foul, get into foul trouble then freak out.  UCONN would defend them nicely because they know how to play defense.  It would be a close game, but in the end, class, composure and SOUND, FUNDAMENTAL basketball would prevail. 

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="785872" timestamp="1270315518"]
The UCONN girls would just calmly take shots, hit most of them and win the game, especially on the free throw line.  The Yates boys would get too frustrated by being down at some point in the game, lose their composure, start to foul, get into foul trouble then freak out.  UCONN would defend them nicely because they know how to play defense.  It would be a close game, but in the end, class, composure and SOUND, FUNDAMENTAL basketball would prevail. 
[/quote]

Lol spoken like someone who's clueless Yates was down twice in third qtr and won both games

[quote name="speechless" post="786066" timestamp="1270415558"]
ALL 6 WOULD BEAT EM!!!
[/quote]You're dreaming.One of these girls has a 26" vertical, now there isn't many guys at the high school level that can jump like that .After watching the first half I'm taking Bush off the list.The U Conn women would go 5-1 against this years state champs.The run the floor,handle the press,screen and shoot the ball better than any womens team I've ever seen.Yates I think would just be too fast for them but they were #1 in the nation at the high school level.

Anyone who thinks UConn would win more than 1 of these games is insane. I remember way back when our HS varsity team used to scrimmage the Lamar Lady Cards the year they went to the Great 8. We were last in our 4A district, and we absolutelty murdered them every time. They were by no means the quality of UConn, and the womens game has improved, but Great 8 aint bad, and I think we won a total of 3 games all season. In college we were at Vanderbilt for a conference, and we ended up scrimmaging the Lady Commodores (who were a top 5 team). All of us were 6 ft and under, and we embarrassed those girls. Sorry, the just is no comparison.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• I am surprised that this is not been covered yet. A deputy received a call of a disturbance in the apartment. He knocked on the door and announced that he was with the sheriff department twice.  The man opened the door with a pistol in hand. Of course the news articles give a different take on the incident. Once such comment in the news article below was from the family attorney who said the deputy busted into the apartment. Then the police released the video and showed that the deputy did not open the door, the resident/Airman did. I guess to inflame the public or create click bait, false or uncorroborated information is immediately released. I have read or viewed accusations that the deputy never announced that he was outside, that he forced his way in, he covered up the eyepiece on the door so that the man couldn’t look out, etc. Much of that has already been squashed by releasing the video.    This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • They need to delay it until Wednesday. Since I can’t be there tomorrow…. 🤔
    • Weather should be better for tomorrow...we'll see
    • Ha! Didn’t work out too horrible last year.
    • Yeah. I just don’t see it (hosting) unless the field itself is ready and fans aren’t allowed yet. I could see the field itself being ready. Or, they could set up bleachers at the new auxiliary field I guess. I don’t think there’s a completion bonus big enough to push through a schedule of less than 12 months. Just getting the materials/scheduling space in the laydown yard is pushing it in that timeframe. For the cost involved, I don’t see the admin pushing schedule over quality control. LPISD is generally a pretty good steward of funds/deliverables.
  • Topics