Top Pitchers

Well let me tell you high school is A LOT different than little league. You can't judge someone on how they do in little league you half to start judgeing them when there on varsity level :lol:

I was a coach on a minor (Texas) league team for Nederland South a few (many?) years ago and we drafted a 9 year old little runt of a kid. We saw him throw some pitches in tryouts and said this kid is awesome for a 9 year old. You could see that he was not just fast for his age but accurate.

When we moved on to Little League the next year and got lucky and drafted him again. We kept him on the team for three more years until he moved on to Babe Ruth.

This kid that we thought was special at 9 years old went on to become the all time strikeout leader at Lamar University from the early 90's until it was broken this year by another Nederland player.

Obviously he could have injured his arm before high school, he could have quit or various other problems. There is certainly no guarantee in life on anything. If you don't think that we saw that kind of talent in this kid at 9 years old then you are wrong. Would he continue to develop it and not have something stop his career? There was no way to know but we could see that he had the potential when he was playing minor league ball about 13 years before he became the record holder at Lamar.

So yes, there is obviously a lot of difference from a little leaguer and a high school player. Duhhh!! If you don't think that talent can be recognized at an early age, you are wrong. Anyone remember the tapes of Tiger Woods hitting golf balls on the Tonight Show when he was about 4 years old? I wonder if he ever went on to do anything.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a coach on a minor (Texas) league team for Nederland South a few (many?) years ago and we drafted a 9 year old little runt of a kid. We saw him throw some pitches in tryouts and said this kid is awesome for a 9 year old. You could see that he was not just fast for his age but accurate.

When we moved on to Little League the next year and got lucky and drafted him again. We kept him on the team for three more years until he moved on to Babe Ruth.

This kid that we thought was special at 9 years old went on to become the all time strikeout leader at Lamar University from the early 90's until it was broken this year by another Nederland player.

Obviously he could have injured his arm before high school' date=' he could have quit or various other problems. There is certainly no guarantee in life on anything. If you don't think that we saw that kind of talent in this kid at 9 years old then you are wrong. Would he continue to develop it and not have something stop his career? There was no way to know but we could see that he had the potential when he was playing minor league ball about 13 years before he became the record holder at Lamar.

So yes, there is obviously a lot of difference from a little leaguer and a high school player. Duhhh!! If you don't think that talent can be recognized at an early age, you are wrong. Anyone remember the tapes of Tiger Woods hitting golf balls on the Tonight Show when he was about 4 years old? I wonder if he ever went on to do anything.....[/quote']

Yea and if you would notice did i say anything that you couldn't notice anyone at a young age! NO i didn't so before you acuse me of saying you can't notice kids at a young gets your facts straight!

although i have read some of the names thats been posted and all of them should be talked about. I think James, Lott, Garinder should be 3 of the best in this area. all have arms of 85 plus and can locate well. I am tell u this if they get some defense behind them all three are capable of shutting down any team in the district.

Yea and if you would notice did i say anything that you couldn't notice anyone at a young age! NO i didn't so before you acuse me of saying you can't notice kids at a young gets your facts straight!

Testy testy. There are no facts to get straight. Go back and read. I did not "accuse" you of anything. I disagreed with you. That is what forums are about.

You made the statement "You can't judge someone on how they do in little league you half to start judgeing them when there on varsity level". I said I judged a kid at 9 years old and I was correct. I think you can do it with some others as well. You said that it can only be done on the varsity level. I disagree and gave you an example why. That is not an accusation, it is a different opinion.

rogers' date=' monse, terece from hj...we got the best pitchers in the district.[/quote']

Sounds like the district will have plenty of quality pitching. You've got these three from HJ, you know BC will have pitching, K'Ville has the Simmons kid, Jasper will have Reagan back (I think), and Silsbee will be solid with Schooling, McDonald, and Skinner. What about HF, O'field, WOS?

Guest OHS_1994

OField will only be returning two pitchers Glace a Junior and Peevey a Soph. The rest will be freshman. Peevey was a First team alldistrict pitcher as a Freshman and Glaze has became a solid pitcher. The freshmen will also be very solid. Orangefield is Young but talented.

Dave all you've done is talk crap about how GREAT HJ is going to be this year, but when somebody asks you why, you can't ever give a straight answer. It appears that all you know how to do is run your freakin mouth about a sport you can't even play! The reason Treece isn't AMAZING is because his fasball is low 80's at best, ans his control isn't that great, so it's not like he's gonna hit locations. And his breaking stuff isn't good enough to get people off balance, because its flat. Now you tell me smart @$$. why is he amazing.

OField will only be returning two pitchers Glace a Junior and Peevey a Soph. The rest will be freshman. Peevey was a First team alldistrict pitcher as a Freshman and Glaze has became a solid pitcher. The freshmen will also be very solid. Orangefield is Young but talented.

You certainly seem to think you know a whole bunch about what is going on. Unless you are Coach Bennett or Coach Fletcher who are going to make the decisions, why don't you quit making assumptions. If the 2 of them think that a group or a couple of freshmen are among the top players in the program, then I'm sure they will make the correct placement of the young men. Why don't you just sit back and see how things unfold, these 2 coaches come from established baseball programs and I'll bet they know a thing or two about the game and how they want to build the OF program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi