Top Pitchers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave all you've done is talk crap about how GREAT HJ is going to be this year' date=' but when somebody asks you why, you can't ever give a straight answer. It appears that all you know how to do is run your freakin mouth about a sport you can't even play! The reason Treece isn't AMAZING is because his fasball is low 80's at best, ans his control isn't that great, so it's not like he's gonna hit locations. And his breaking stuff isn't good enough to get people off balance, because its flat. Now you tell me smart @$$. why is he amazing.[/quote']

hey man there aint no reason to get mad...im just rooting for my team, aint no reason to get upset bout it!

treece is alright and monse is a lefty which does add something but the main threat from HJ is the Rodgers boy. I had the chance to bat off of him and few times and even hit with him. this kid can bat too. But i say definetly HJ's #1 pitcher is Josh Rodgers

Was Rodgers referred as "Shaggy" back in the day? Or was that another Josh?

Guest OHS_1994

You certainly seem to think you know a whole bunch about what is going on. Unless you are Coach Bennett or Coach Fletcher who are going to make the decisions' date=' why don't you quit making assumptions. If the 2 of them think that a group or a couple of freshmen are among the top players in the program, then I'm sure they will make the correct placement of the young men. Why don't you just sit back and see how things unfold, these 2 coaches come from established baseball programs and I'll bet they know a thing or two about the game and how they want to build the OF program.[/quote']

Wow who ever this is needs to calm down just a little. I hate to tell this to you but this is a open forum and I can express my opinion over and over again. Yes I feel those Freshman Can contribute strongly to Orangefield baseball because we have some very week talent, and what talent we do have does not work year around on it except 2 or 3 players. So I feel that players with "talent" that work year around are better then players with no talent that dont ever try to get better except just in baseball season. The more you play the better you get. Sorry if I upset you in any way but the words I typed before was not dogging anybody, but the words you typed was a direct insult to me, man you sure are a mature person arnt you. Did my little typing hurt your feelings? :cry:

Guest BobcatBeliever

I don't think you hurt anybody's feelings. I think that what OFBobcat was trying to tell you is just to let the card fall where they may. Those kids get on here and read this stuff and assumptions, such as the ones that you have made cause problems between players needlessly. Also, there are quite a few seniors playing this year. Charlie Picard, Brett Ramsey, Ben Ludwig, Justin Granger, Corey Sheppard. Those kids aren't scrubs. So while you are correct in the fact that there are some talented freshmen coming into the program that can definitely help out, don't automatically count out the upper classmen. From what the "gossip" is going around, you're probably going to be a little surprised at the pitching rotation this year.

Guest OHS_1994

I know and I'm sorry I just felt attacked. Yes I know that there are seniors on this team I just hate to see how hardley any of them put any time into the game other then just in the season. Charlie pickard hs not even played in the last few years and from what I have heard none of the seniors played any baseball since last year. Yes I just heard about the rotation with Peevey not being able to throw this year and he was or only true returning ace. So the roatation will be a little off, and I'm not saying that those freshmen will pitch are start or anything, all I;m saying is a group of those freshman have a lot of talent and they play year around baseball (even during football season while they are playing football), and I think that they will proove that baseball is a sport that you have to practice year around on and not just a seasonal sport like many at Orangefield think. It used to not be that way. But I will not say any more on this subject and let the coaching go to the coaches

Guest OHS_1994

Ohh I'm not underestimating Possum or Glaze They are great kids and very hard workers and I completely agree with you on the fact that Peevey is not that awsome of a pitcher, but He was first team all district (which means he is pretty good for not just a freshman but any level)and the only guy returning that could throw in the mid 80's, but Glaze has put some speed on his ball and yes I know he has worked all summer and has been seeing Sam, but That was just my opinion and I think that is how I feel. Those kids can help us behind the plate and in the outfield and also we need all ther help we can get from the lower levels because Shepard and Peevey are the only ones returning that batted over .300 last year. I sure do hope Coreys arm gets better we neeeeeeed him at short.

Guest BobcatBeliever

Well Joefriday, that was exactly the point I was trying to make to OHS....OF hasn't had an "ACE" since Jeff Granger, except for maybe the Bourgeois kids...

I know and I'm sorry I just felt attacked.  Yes I know that there are seniors on this team I just hate to see how hardley any of them put any time into the game other then just in the season.  Charlie pickard hs not even played in the last few years and from what I have heard none of the seniors played any baseball since last year.  Yes I just heard about the rotation with Peevey not being able to throw this year and he was or only true returning ace.  So the roatation will be a little off, and I'm not saying that those freshmen will pitch are start or anything, all I;m saying is a group of those freshman have a lot of talent and they play year around baseball (even during football season while they are playing football), and I think that they will proove that baseball is a sport that you have to practice year around on and not just a seasonal sport like many at Orangefield think. It used to not be that way.  But I will not say any more on this subject and let the coaching go to the coaches

There is no question that year around ball will improve skills and I believe that all kids should at least try to hit or pitch once a week-year round. But, it's really hard if you play all sports like these kids do. In that case, you do what you can. But the bottom line is:  When district starts, coach is gonna play the best kids......regardless of what select team they played on. Yes, it may take these kids a bit longer to get back in the groove but coach is gonna play to WIN.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder