Silsbee vs Dallas Madison Semi-Final Broadcast/ Madison wins, 67-64

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="775622" timestamp="1268343581"]
Great game, Tigers.  Stallworth almost brought them back with 2 three's.

Free throws hurt.
[/quote]

We could have made a few more free throws but according to UIL we shot same # as Madison and made 2 more. Turnovers and a bad third period killed the Tigers.

[quote name="SpurgerFan" post="775706" timestamp="1268351706"]
Congrats Silsbee on a great season!  Way to fight to the end....Thanks for the support for Spurger and we're sure you'll be back here in Austin again next year!
[/quote]

Definately speaks volumes for our Tigers down 14 with 3:20 left and cut it to 2 with 9 seconds to go.  Two big time free throws for Madison.

Nice game today Silsbee and while you didn't achieve what you wanted, there's about 180 or so other teams in 3A that'd love to have had the experience of making it to "The Drum". It was a really good game down the stretch and the game unfolded just about like I figured it might (Not talking about the outcome, just what happened during the game.). I thought it would be a close game and in the end it was. It was much more fun to watch than the 2nd one. That was an ugly game to sit and watch. This was a much better semi-final game than we had last year against Stafford who was out of it midway through the 2nd quarter of that one.

Hope y'all are proud of your Tigers. They sure made our guys work hard today.

[quote name="JMT" post="775721" timestamp="1268354855"]
Nice game today Silsbee and while you didn't achieve what you wanted, there's about 180 or so other teams in 3A that'd love to have had the experience of making it to "The Drum". It was a really good game down the stretch and the game unfolded just about like I figured it might (Not talking about the outcome, just what happened during the game.). I thought it would be a close game and in the end it was. It was much more fun to watch than the 2nd one. That was an ugly game to sit and watch. This was a much better semi-final game than we had last year against Stafford who was out of it midway through the 2nd quarter of that one.

Hope y'all are proud of your Tigers. They sure made our guys work hard today.
[/quote]

I think we are more proud of our team than they will know,  one bad quarter got us in trouble.  Falling bhind by 14 with 3:20 left and never giving up..cutting it to 2.  That is the heart of a Champion.  Losing to a team like Madison  who hasn't lost to a 3A team in quite a while is no reason for them  to be down on themselves.  They have had a season that a lot of people did not think would happen this year.  Losing an all-state guard last year as well as a couple of shooter,  who just seemed to never miss.  Yet this team came together and made Us fans very proud.  We will miss Avory and all his blocks,  Jones and his rebounds and Hill with his slashes to the bucket and quick hands(as well as his found 3 ball this year.  For those returning we will be missing two trees but have a great nucleus to work around with Stallworth, Lane and Gaines.  Looking forward to another great season next year.  It will take a lot of hard work to get back here but you can do it.

Really proud of the Tigers tonight.  It is great to see DC have a game like this.  Next year it will be his team to lead along with Prentice.  They will need to step up and help their younger team mates so that they can make another run next year. 

Good game Silsbee Tigers.  I stayed home and listened to it.  I wish I could have seen it.  So close and yet so far.  After last year I wasn't expecting this run, at all.  We gonna miss those Seniors: Hill, Avory, Jones. 

The guys will step up in the future, starting next season.  They always do. 

Guys, I am still collecting my thoughts on the game while taking in the rest of the tourney this week. When I get time, I will post stats and a game summary. Right now, I will enjoy the rest of the tourney.

I will say this though, it's the consensus of the vast majority of the folks that watched this game( Silsbee fans, Madison fans, other coaches, UIL officials, media, and just the regular fan) that this game was the state championship game. After watching the Estecado and Stafford game, it was pretty evident to everyone there, who the top two teams were, Madison and Silsbee.

I even had several of the Frank Erwin Center staff stop me and say that the Silsbee/Madison game should have been the state title game. Tough luck.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="776006" timestamp="1268408182"]
Guys, I am still collecting my thoughts on the game while taking in the rest of the tourney this week. When I get time, I will post stats and a game summary. Right now, I will enjoy the rest of the tourney.

I will say this though, it's the consensus of the vast majority of the folks that watched this game( Silsbee fans, Madison fans, other coaches, UIL officials, media, and just the regular fan) that this game was the state championship game. After watching the Estecado and Stafford game, it was pretty evident to everyone there, who the top two teams were, Madison and Silsbee.

I even had several of the Frank Erwin Center staff stop me and say that the Silsbee/Madison game should have been the state title game. Tough luck.
[/quote]

As we waited for the Tigers outside the locker room after the game, the Madison coach came by us on his way to the media room.  I told him congratulations and even he said he thought that game was the Championship game. 

What a great turnout of Silsbee fans!  The support for our boys was incredible! I am so proud of Coach Williams, these young men, our assistant coaches and our managers! I am so proud to be a part of Silsbee Tiger Basketball!

Thank you, Mike, for the many hours you have spent supporting our teams!  Your hard work and dedication to the kids of our community may go unnoticed by some, but not by all.  As a part of Silsbee athletics, I thank you again for making these broadcasts possible for family, friends, and fans who can not always be at the games in person.  My own mother is an avid listener and always has words of praise for your broadcasts.  Keep up the good work and GO TIGERS!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder