Silsbee vs Dallas Madison Semi-Final Broadcast/ Madison wins, 67-64

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="776006" timestamp="1268408182"]
Guys, I am still collecting my thoughts on the game while taking in the rest of the tourney this week. When I get time, I will post stats and a game summary. Right now, I will enjoy the rest of the tourney.

I will say this though, it's the consensus of the vast majority of the folks that watched this game( Silsbee fans, Madison fans, other coaches, UIL officials, media, and just the regular fan) that this game was the state championship game. After watching the Estecado and Stafford game, it was pretty evident to everyone there, who the top two teams were, Madison and Silsbee.

I even had several of the Frank Erwin Center staff stop me and say that the Silsbee/Madison game should have been the state title game. Tough luck.
[/quote] Silsbee fans were polled? Did you poll the Estacado fans too?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="court side" post="776556" timestamp="1268497990"]
Congrats Tigers on a great season

Im with the ones that say this was the championship game.
Clearly IMOP the best two in the tourney
[/quote]

In Class 3-A you're speaking about, right?

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="776582" timestamp="1268501479"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=67191.msg776556#msg776556 date=1268497990]
Congrats Tigers on a great season

Im with the ones that say this was the championship game.
Clearly IMOP the best two in the tourney
[/quote]

In Class 3-A you're speaking about, right?
[/quote]

Of course 3A. 

You Yates jock riders got a one track mind.

yeah I said it.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="776604" timestamp="1268504428"]
Looks like the 3rd best 3A team at the state tourney will be going home with the gold medal.................Congrats Lubbock Estacado Matadors on being the 2010 Texas 3A State Champions!!!
[/quote] I'd say the best 3A team went home with the gold. Anything else is just talking with your heart rather than you head. Easily understandable, just wrong. Guess the Madison-Silsbee semi wasn't "the real" championship game after all. Y'all really got carried away. I realize this doesn't sit well with the Silsbee fans here, and there are a bunch, but its truth.

[quote name="homeless" post="776875" timestamp="1268570547"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=67191.msg776604#msg776604 date=1268504428]
Looks like the 3rd best 3A team at the state tourney will be going home with the gold medal.................Congrats Lubbock Estacado Matadors on being the 2010 Texas 3A State Champions!!!
[/quote] I'd say the best 3A team went home with the gold. Anything else is just talking with your heart rather than you head. Easily understandable, just wrong. Guess the Madison-Silsbee semi wasn't "the real" championship game after all. Y'all really got carried away. I realize this doesn't sit well with the Silsbee fans here, and there are a bunch, but its truth.
[/quote]

they were definitely the best team for that one day, anyway.  i highly doubt that they'd win a 10-game series against madison (or silsbee, for that matter), but fortunately for them, they don't have to.  they won the one that counted.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="776895" timestamp="1268575843"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=67191.msg776875#msg776875 date=1268570547]
[/quote]

they were definitely the best team for that one day, anyway.  i highly doubt that they'd win a 10-game series against madison (or silsbee, for that matter), but fortunately for them, they don't have to.  they won the one that counted.
[/quote] One statement is fact (the team that won when they needed to), the other (10-game series) is mere speculation....not supported by any facts.

Estacado is the state champ they won th championship game and I congratulate them for it. There is one factor that has been stated on here that played a role in that: revenge for last years finals loss against Madison. Just like in a great rivalry that can be an equalizer. 

[quote name="homeless" post="776905" timestamp="1268578459"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=67191.msg776895#msg776895 date=1268575843]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=67191.msg776875#msg776875 date=1268570547]
[/quote]

[/quote] One statement is fact (the team that won when they needed to), [b]the other (10-game series) is mere speculation....not supported by any facts[/b].

obviously.  that's why i said "highly doubt", indicative of an opinion, or speculation. 
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline