Round 2, Silsbee @ HJ Predictions

Just a little bit of luster has been knocked off this rematch of these two top teams, with HJ losing to WOS and Silsbee already clinching the district title. But they still have to play the game.

Beating HJ at their place is always tough even though Silsbee did it last year. The Tigers will have their leading scorer in Pheal Hill back for this game. Hill missed the first game with HJ which still resulted in a Tiger win.

Let's hear'em. What are yall's predictions?

[b]Just a little bit of luster has been knocked off this rematch of these two top teams[/b], with HJ losing to WOS and Silsbee already clinching the district title. But they still have to play the game.

Beating HJ at their place is always tough even though Silsbee did it last year. [b]But we also split last year.[/b]

I dont think there will be any lack of luster at this game, these games are always a war.

Hawks baby....all the way. HJ wants that second place seed bad. ;D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="760064" timestamp="1266265588"]
[b]Just a little bit of luster has been knocked off this rematch of these two top teams[/b], with HJ losing to WOS and Silsbee already clinching the district title. But they still have to play the game.

Beating HJ at their place is always tough even though Silsbee did it last year. [b]But we also split last year.[/b]

I dont think there will be any lack of luster at this game, these games are always a war.

Hawks baby....all the way. [b]HJ wants that second place seed bad[/b]. ;D
[/quote]

Why? So that they won't have to face Silsbee in the 3rd round? ;D

Hopefully the Tigers don't come in looking forward or expecting to win with their leader back.  After the intensity I saw from the Tigers friday, I expect them to be ready to play, after all this is their biggest rivalry. If they come to play, I expect the Tigers to be able to take this one by 8 or so.

[quote name="speechless" post="760177" timestamp="1266283575"]
Did Silsbee win district at the freshman and jv levels also?
[/quote]

Not sure of the JV but I know that the Silsbee 9th did not win district..............HJ beat them by a ton!!!!!!  Heard from a reliable source that the 9th team only won a handful of games this year.........they have a few 9th graders on JV for sure though!!!  I know the HJ JV beat the Silsbee JV at Silsbee a few weeks ago also!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="760201" timestamp="1266284992"]
Not sure of the JV but I know that the Silsbee 9th did not win district..............HJ beat them by a ton!!!!!!  Heard from a reliable source that the 9th team only won a handful of games this year.........they have a few 9th graders on JV for sure though!!! [u][b] I know the HJ JV beat the Silsbee JV at Silsbee a few weeks ago also!!![/b][/u]
[/quote]... no matter how hard that woman ref tried to change the outcome of the game.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="760206" timestamp="1266285332"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66079.msg760201#msg760201 date=1266284992]
Not sure of the JV but I know that the Silsbee 9th did not win district..............HJ beat them by a ton!!!!!!  Heard from a reliable source that the 9th team only won a handful of games this year.........they have a few 9th graders on JV for sure though!!! [u][b] I know the HJ JV beat the Silsbee JV at Silsbee a few weeks ago also!!![/b][/u]
[/quote]... no matter how hard that woman ref tried to change the outcome of the game.
[/quote]

That was a good game and the lady ref was bad,  but I think she was bad both ways.  The jv had another bad female ref last week.

[quote name="Tiger05" post="760363" timestamp="1266327584"]
Alot of people saying HJ but more than half the people on this site are from HJ  :D

Silsbee should win this game

Hill + twin towers + DC + deep bench + Lane = WIN  ;D

Does anybody know the admission @ HJ

Did not know if it changed since they built the new gym   
[/quote]

It will sell out I'm sure I'm surprised they didn't put more seating

Guest ktzlionsfan
H-J is always a tough team to beat. They want to avenge that round 1 loss, and secure the 2nd place spot. However, the Tigers are BEASTS!!! With Hill back, they look to demolish H-J.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder