***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem I am having with this conversation. People are pointing fingers at the administration. And all these people yall have named who were at HF, [color=red]LEFT[/color]. They left for a reason. Why? More money? Less talent coming in?

I saw HF play Silbee this year. Get mad if you want at my comments but speed kills. HF team looked like they were running in cement football shoes. C'mon now, you can blame the administration all you want but you have to evaluate the talent you're working with also. We live in a culture where if the coaches are losing, then it must be their fault. Now, if there was a lot of true athletic players on the team and you're still losing, then you began to wonder whats wrong with the coach(es). I mean c'mom now, you can't keep running off coaches and blame them all the time. ;)

[quote name="hfresident" post="768533" timestamp="1267451292"]
"HF Spirit"..........the administration is killing it.  We all know what happened during last year's baseball season.

[/quote]

???? What happened during last year's baseball season, other than the team making the playoffs for the first time in several years? (under the direction of one of those coaches with AD experience, by the way)  I must have missed something.

Also, before we start dismissing the experience "in house" because of the lack of success this year, maybe we should do some research and see how those coaches did when they were the ones "in charge".  The assistants can only go where the head coach leads.

[quote name="hfresident" post="768628" timestamp="1267461206"]
Dove...you can't change the talent pool.  However, coaches should "COACH" the existing pool and take them to the best of their ability.  Do you honestly think that is being done?

[/quote]"Best of their ability?" Interesting comment! Let me ask you a question hfresident, or you can ask me the next time you see me and I promise you I can be more honest in person. How do you measure "best of their ability?"

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="768657" timestamp="1267464888"]
[quote author=hfresident link=topic=65861.msg768628#msg768628 date=1267461206]
Dove...you can't change the talent pool.  However, coaches should "COACH" the existing pool and take them to the best of their ability.  Do you honestly think that is being done?

[/quote]"Best of their ability?" Interesting comment! Let me ask you a question hfresident, or you can ask me the next time you see me and I promise you I can be more honest in person. How do you measure "best of their ability?"
[/quote]Huh?  You say running off the coaches is not the answer.  You physically can't change the group of athletes that are in the program, but, the existing athletes can be "coached" to a higher level.  Even the best athletes have something to learn.  So, what is your solution?

[quote name="hfresident" post="768698" timestamp="1267468427"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg768657#msg768657 date=1267464888]
[quote author=hfresident link=topic=65861.msg768628#msg768628 date=1267461206]

[/quote]Huh?  You say running off the coaches is not the answer.  You physically can't change the group of athletes that are in the program, but, the existing athletes can be "coached" to a higher level.  Even the best athletes have something to learn.  So, what is your solution?

[/quote]I'm not saying you should or should not run off the coaches. But maybe the parents are asking for [color=red]too much[/color]based on current talent pool. I've read numerous times how good HF was good in the 90's, but thats been awhile back now. I 've read about how HF has the talent and I am sure HF has some talent. But at what level? [color=red]Bad coaches do win with talent[/color].  In order to know what talent you have you have to have a gauge or some reference points. Example, HF has had two coaches in football the past 5 years or more that I am aware of..

Is it the coach's fault that HF cannot match speed and athleticism with top teams such as WO-S and Silsbee?

Unlike college and professional football programs, high school coaches have what they have, period. You know the old saying you can't make chicken salad out of chicken.....? Well you know the missing word. No disrespect to anyone at HF intended. And like I said earlier, in the two games I saw in person this year, HF was outmatched in talent, size, and speed, it was that simple. Therefore, it is unfair running off two AD's in 3 years, and its is no way to "build a program, no matter how bad you think they are as a coaches. Which time was administration wrong when they hired them or when they fired them?? Because they do have blame now, anyway you look at it.

[quote name="fisherking" post="768879" timestamp="1267483947"]
Unlike college and professional football programs, high school coaches have what they have, period. You know the old saying you can't make chicken salad out of chicken.....? Well you know the missing word. No disrespect to anyone at HF intended. And like I said earlier, in the two games I saw in person this year, HF was outmatched in talent, size, and speed, it was that simple. Therefore, it is unfair running off two AD's in 3 years, and its is no way to "build a program, no matter how bad you think they are as a coaches. Which time was administration wrong when they hired them or when they fired them?? Because they do have blame now, anyway you look at it.
[/quote]Sometimes you gotta look at yourself and realize you ain't as pretty as you thought you were ;)

[quote name="baseballfreak" post="768624" timestamp="1267460581"]
[quote author=hfresident link=topic=65861.msg768533#msg768533 date=1267451292]
"HF Spirit"..........the administration is killing it.  We all know what happened during last year's baseball season.

[/quote]

???? What happened during last year's baseball season, other than the team making the playoffs for the first time in several years? (under the direction of one of those coaches with AD experience, by the way)  I must have missed something.

Also, before we start dismissing the experience "in house" because of the lack of success this year, maybe we should do some research and see how those coaches did when they were the ones "in charge".  The assistants can only go where the head coach leads.
[/quote]

I'm also kind of confused by what you put hfresident.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="768896" timestamp="1267487925"]
[quote author=fisherking link=topic=65861.msg768879#msg768879 date=1267483947]
[/quote]Sometimes you gotta look at yourself and realize you ain't as pretty as you thought you were ;)
[/quote]

:o    [IMG]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/hemisfears_stuff/THATJUSTHAPPENED.gif[/img]

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=blue][/color]Actually, they were referring to administration killing H-F spirit - at the playoff game a group of fans were tailgating in the football parking lot - the team was enjoying it, the fans were loving it, nothing was out of hand, but administration shut it down.  A real let down seconds before the game began. 

[quote name="True Blue Mom" post="769907" timestamp="1267625265"]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=blue][/color]Actually, they were referring to administration killing H-F spirit - at the playoff game a group of fans were tailgating in the football parking lot - the team was enjoying it, the fans were loving it, nothing was out of hand, but administration shut it down.  A real let down seconds before the game began. 
[/quote]Guys please! Breaking up a tailgate party had consequences for losing in the playoffs?

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font][color=blue][/color]No one said it caused them to lose in the playoffs.  The comment was about the lack of support for school spirit.  That being said, spirit does go hand-in-hand with momentum.  Spirit certainly won't singlehandedly make a winning team, but it is one of MANY pieces necessary to create an overall winning program.

[quote name="Dirty D" post="769929" timestamp="1267629610"]
Bluedove3 did you get cut from a team at H-F or do you just not like them everything is so negative
[/quote]Dear Dirty, you know nothing about my background in sports. But I do know HF's and a majority of the problems going on there.

[quote name="Dirty D" post="769929" timestamp="1267629610"]
Bluedove3 did you get cut from a team at H-F or do you just not like them everything is so negative
[/quote]Not negative sir, actually I'm very supportive for HF's future, but I can't sit here and pretend and ignore some of the real problems going on at HF in their major sports.

[quote name="True Blue Mom" post="769907" timestamp="1267625265"]
[/quote]This is exactly what I'm talking about.  This is just one example of how the administration doesn't allow the "school spirit".  Many post have been made about the community needing to be more involved.  It seems each time there is an attempt, it gets shut down and eventually we stop trying.

[quote name="hfresident" post="770030" timestamp="1267641562"]
[quote author=True Blue Mom link=topic=65861.msg769907#msg769907 date=1267625265]
[/quote]This is exactly what I'm talking about.  This is just one example of how the administration doesn't allow the "school spirit".  Many post have been made about the community needing to be more involved.  It seems each time there is an attempt, it gets shut down and eventually we stop trying.

[/quote]oKAY, now I'm getting your point! So what was the explanation from the administration? Someone told me the present Supt. was a coach in BISD.

so blue, I've been reading about parents and kids are the ones that built/maintain the tradition at HF... I'm assuming your son/daughter (assuming a son, correct me if I am wrong) attends HF. Will your son/daughter stay at HF to play out his/her high school career?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin