***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764125" timestamp="1266866924"]
[quote author=BadMedicine link=topic=65861.msg764091#msg764091 date=1266864101]
[quote author=ECbuc4real link=topic=65861.msg763667#msg763667 date=1266783649]
EC and HJ are benefiting from the crash,that is clear. Both athletes and non-athletes are transfering. The districts are benefiting from the increased enrollment. I would never say that students were transfering for sports, that would be unbelievable wouldnt it. Look at the transfers and attempted transfers over the last 4 and 5 years and you tell me.
[/quote]

ECbuc4real,

What have all of these transferred students gained from leaving HF?  How many state championships have they won? How many college athletic scholarships have they earned?  

[/quote]

0 state championships dont have to look back very far at all to see the last time youll won 0 of somthing  ;) :D
[/quote]

Honest question, what all has EC won state in? When? And are you really going to try and talk state championship smack between different classifications?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="horndawg" post="764133" timestamp="1266867705"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65861.msg764125#msg764125 date=1266866924]
[quote author=BadMedicine link=topic=65861.msg764091#msg764091 date=1266864101]
[quote author=ECbuc4real link=topic=65861.msg763667#msg763667 date=1266783649]
EC and HJ are benefiting from the crash,that is clear. Both athletes and non-athletes are transfering. The districts are benefiting from the increased enrollment. I would never say that students were transfering for sports, that would be unbelievable wouldnt it. Look at the transfers and attempted transfers over the last 4 and 5 years and you tell me.
[/quote]

ECbuc4real,

What have all of these transferred students gained from leaving HF?  How many state championships have they won? How many college athletic scholarships have they earned?  

[/quote]

0 state championships dont have to look back very far at all to see the last time youll won 0 of somthing  ;) :D
[/quote]

Honest question, what all has EC won state in? When? And are you really going to try and talk state championship smack between different classifications?
[/quote]

Didn't I say 0 that means none like how many football games you'll won this year. We have won several state championships but not recent enough to mention in this conversation.

Well stated  HAZ-I figured horndog or the AD could answer the questions.Yall do not discriminate which class yall loose to,so classification should not be an issue. Horndog you do not want to put records in Football,baseball,track,basketball, side by side do you? A lil sucess in baseball has been nice,but We have made the playoffs in all the mentioned sports. We pull for HF as long as they are not playing us. But if yall keep sending us 1 or 2 players a year we will appreciate.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764150" timestamp="1266868714"]
Didn't I say 0 that means none like how many football games you'll won this year. We have won several state championships but not recent enough to mention in this conversation.
[/quote]

Just curious as to what state championships y'all have won? I know y'all haven't won any in football. What sports were they in and what years?

[quote name="ECbuc4real" post="764163" timestamp="1266869049"]
Well stated  HAZ-I figured horndog or the AD could answer the questions.Yall do not discriminate which class yall loose to,so classification should not be an issue. Horndog you do not want to put records in Football,baseball,track,basketball, side by side do you? A lil sucess in baseball has been nice,but We have made the playoffs in all the mentioned sports. We pull for HF as long as they are not playing us. But if yall keep sending us 1 or 2 players a year we will appreciate.
[/quote]

You can put whatever records you want up, I cared about two sports while I played, football and baseball, one which we did well, the other we did not. I couldn't care less about the others.  

And to hazben, I'm pretty sure I didn't play EC in football while I was on varsity and I didn't lose to them in baseball, so please, since you seem to know me so well, remind me when I lost to them.  Middle school we split one game a piece and freshman year, we won, and after that the games stopped.

[quote name="Englebert" post="764185" timestamp="1266870227"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65861.msg764150#msg764150 date=1266868714]
[/quote]

Just curious as to what state championships y'all have won? I know y'all haven't won any in football. What sports were they in and what years?
[/quote]

Man I'm not the person to ask that I know we have several in girls basketball just from seein the banners in the gym not sure what else

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764203" timestamp="1266871094"]
[quote author=Englebert link=topic=65861.msg764185#msg764185 date=1266870227]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Man I'm not the person to ask that I know we have several in girls basketball just from seein the banners in the gym not sure what else
[/quote]

I think I finally got what you were saying buc; None of the kids that transferred to EC from HF have won state championships?

[quote name="horndawg" post="764207" timestamp="1266871234"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65861.msg764203#msg764203 date=1266871094]
[quote author=Englebert link=topic=65861.msg764185#msg764185 date=1266870227]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think I finally got what you were saying buc; None of the kids that transferred to EC from HF have won state championships. Is that what you were saying?
[/quote]

none since ive been here (only 8 yrs) now lets count how many football games or basketball games the kids that stayed at hf have won the past few yrs vs the kids at EC care to figure that one up?

Horndog the hurricanes may have saved you,but if you are living in jr-high sports thats sad. We were discussing the current state of the program and over the last few years,maybe you can shed some light on the problems. Why the numbers have dropped in the two sports you care about and have watched take a nose dive in the last few years. Yet all the programs are thriving at EC :(

Not living in junior high, actually, I was told that I was beat by EC in some sport on varsity, when actually the only varsity sport I played against EC was baseball. I was simply trying to justify what had been said to me. And those were the only times in football I had played against Ec.

I honestly couldn't tell you why there has been such a decline as of late. I believe that schools have their ups and downs just like anybody, and HF is in a down time.  I'm sure there have been times in EC's past that they have struggled in athletics, and obviously as of late that's not the case, but there are patterns that all schools go through, and right now HF's in a slump.

This may have been forseen by the "greats" that were here before in each of their sports (Tarver in football and Keener in basketball). They may have seen "the well running dry" so to speak, so they took off before that happened and their name went with the decline.  It won't be too long before HF is back to being competitive again in football though, just going to take the right combination of athletes to make it happen.

[quote name="WJBooger" post="761178" timestamp="1266425435"]
Coach Mangan was informed on Friday, Feb. 5th, by Superintendent Elliott that his services were no longer needed. Coach Mangan told a few of the parents this himself at the final middle school basketball games. His release does not become official until the next school board meeting which I believe is on the 22nd. Coach Mangan does have one year left on his contract and I believe he has offered to stay for the remainder of that contract in whatever capacity they can use him.

This coach did do some good things here at HF. The total number of students participating in athletics is up since he started, just not in football. We have a no one gets cut policy, so anyone can participate. Coach's attitude toward discipline is at times a little over the top. While some athletes thrive on it, some of the athletes can not handle it. We all know that kids today are not like we were. The coach was always right and our parents told us to keep our mouths shut and stick it out. In our permissive society, it doesn't work that way. While the total number of participants are up, a lot of "athletes" chose not to play directly under him. And althoug I don't necessarily agree, I believe this led to his ouster.
[/quote] I think he was a good guy....just in a tough school

[quote name="horndawg" post="764238" timestamp="1266873521"]
This may have been forseen by the "greats" that were here before in each of their sports (Tarver in football and Keener in basketball). They may have seen "the well running dry" so to speak, so they took off before that happened and their name went with the decline.  It won't be too long before HF is back to being competitive again in football though, just going to take the right combination of athletes to make it happen.
[/quote]I was wondering this myself. Probably they saw the talent level slipping in the area and decided it was time to leave.

I realize that we are way off topic, but if I interpret what the Bucs' are saying students are leaving HF to attend EC or Sabine Pass, not for the chance to win a state championship or to get an athletic scholarship, but for the opportunity to win a few more football or basketball games.  It seems extremely sad that parents and their children are willing to leave life-long friends for the fleeting glory of a few high school sports wins.  I would think that if a student was trying to better his or her self, they would take a step up to West Brook, Port Neches, Nederland or Ozen not a step down to a 2A or 1A school.

[quote name="BadMedicine" post="764380" timestamp="1266889111"]
I realize that we are way off topic, but if I interpret what the Bucs' are saying students are leaving HF to attend EC or Sabine Pass, not for the chance to win a state championship or to get an athletic scholarship, but for the opportunity to win a few more football or basketball games.  It seems extremely sad that parents and their children are willing to leave life-long friends for the fleeting glory of a few high school sports wins.  I would think that if a student was trying to better his or her self, they would take a step up to West Brook, Port Neches, Nederland or Ozen [b]not a step down to a 2A or 1A school.[/b]
[/quote]

EC is a step up from hf

[quote name="Rizon" post="764377" timestamp="1266888906"]
Now that I've filtered through all of the arguing and I'm not really sure if any point was ever made. Does anyone have any news of tonight?
[/quote]

Rizon,

The only thing the board could do tonight is to not extend Mangan's AD contract for an additional year.  The superintendent can reassign his coaching duties.  It will be up to Mangan if he wants to stay around another year.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764383" timestamp="1266889307"]
[quote author=BadMedicine link=topic=65861.msg764380#msg764380 date=1266889111]
I realize that we are way off topic, but if I interpret what the Bucs' are saying students are leaving HF to attend EC or Sabine Pass, not for the chance to win a state championship or to get an athletic scholarship, but for the opportunity to win a few more football or basketball games.  It seems extremely sad that parents and their children are willing to leave life-long friends for the fleeting glory of a few high school sports wins.  I would think that if a student was trying to better his or her self, they would take a step up to West Brook, Port Neches, Nederland or Ozen [b]not a step down to a 2A or 1A school.[/b]
[/quote]

EC is a step up from hf
[/quote]

In what way?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder