***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762618" timestamp="1266595740"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=65861.msg762610#msg762610 date=1266594734]
From what I have seen, there has been stability in the girls sports in coaching, The  volleyball coach and many key parts of the girls program have been a constant and have respect within the community. The boys program is a different matter, not much positive said in the community about the AD / head football coach and many of the others involved in the boys programs, by the parents or kids. It appears this has caused several kids to not compete in all sports which is necessary for a school the size of H-F to be competitive. I hope eveything works out for HF because the program has produced many fine athletes such as Spencer George and Flip Johnson as well as Les Koenning.
[/quote]Again, we keep saying how good the girl's program is but you had the same AD. The boys were losing BEFORE the new and current AD was hired. I'm just trying to see where the problem may really lie.
[/quote]

when Jeff Keener left. He had a great basketball program (mind you, he had some very good athletes) and when he left it seemed like the success of HF basketball left with him.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="horndawg" post="762624" timestamp="1266596219"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg762618#msg762618 date=1266595740]
From what I have seen, there has been stability in the girls sports in coaching, The  volleyball coach and many key parts of the girls program have been a constant and have respect within the community. The boys program is a different matter, not much positive said in the community about the AD / head football coach and many of the others involved in the boys programs, by the parents or kids. It appears this has caused several kids to not compete in all sports which is necessary for a school the size of H-F to be competitive. I hope eveything works out for HF because the program has produced many fine athletes such as Spencer George and Flip Johnson as well as Les Koenning.
[/quote]Again, we keep saying how good the girl's program is but you had the same AD. The boys were losing BEFORE the new and current AD was hired. I'm just trying to see where the problem may really lie.
[/quote]

when Jeff Keener left. He had a great basketball program (mind you, he had some very good athletes) and when he left it seemed like the success of HF basketball left with him.
[/quote]

GCM is VERY happy that Keener left HF. Class guy. He'll have the Patriots where they need to be soon.

[quote name="horndawg" post="762624" timestamp="1266596219"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Was Keener a basketball guy?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762666" timestamp="1266600445"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg762624#msg762624 date=1266596219]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Does a bear s**t in the woods? Is the sky blue, the grass green? See what I'm getting at?

[quote name="horndawg" post="762699" timestamp="1266603602"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg762666#msg762666 date=1266600445]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg762624#msg762624 date=1266596219]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Does a bear s**t in the woods? Is the sky blue, the grass green? See what I'm getting at?
[/quote]yeah, I feel the blood in my veins warming up for the second coming! :D

[quote name="horndawg" post="762741" timestamp="1266606551"]
Now having said that, I think Richards is a dang good basketball coach, and I think he, with a little time, can build that program back up.  Remember, coaching can get you to a point, athletes carry you the rest of the way.
[/quote]I don't know Richrads that well but my inner thoughts says he knows more than he appears to knows. I get the feeling he is waiting......

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762775" timestamp="1266609315"]
Boutte in PA would be a good fit ;)
[/quote]

Nice try, Quixote.  Keep dreaming that impossible dream.

To me, H-F hasn't been good since the days of Malveaux, George, and Simien.....

And on that note, how many kids are being lost to H-J since Lawhon Rd. is the dividing line?  Also, how many people retire to H-F vs. young families reside there?

[quote name="SFA85" post="762785" timestamp="1266610496"]
To me, H-F hasn't been good since the days of Malveaux, George, and Simien.....

And on that note, how many kids are being lost to H-J since Lawhon Rd. is the dividing line?  Also, how many people retire to H-F vs. young families reside there?
[/quote]You mean it's that many kids living off Lawhon going to HJ? No wonder they've been winning out there.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762524" timestamp="1266583555"]
Okay, which one is it? You say HF has less talent than the other schools, but the girl's program is successful. The boy's program is not successful in the major sports. So where does the AD take credit or blame?
[/quote]

I don't think he should take too much credit or blame for their success or lack of success. It's much easier for a school to compete in sports against bigger schools in sports that don't require a whole lot of participation and depth, particulary when those sports are the ones that have the most tradition and emphasis placed upon them. In sports where the bigger school has as much tradition and emphasis placed upon them, schools like H-F will struggle to compete consistently. imo

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="762842" timestamp="1266617920"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg762524#msg762524 date=1266583555]
Okay, which one is it? You say HF has less talent than the other schools, but the girl's program is successful. The boy's program is not successful in the major sports. So where does the AD take credit or blame?
[/quote]

I don't think he should take too much credit or blame for their success or lack of success. It's much easier for a school to compete in sports against bigger schools in sports that don't require a whole lot of participation and depth, particulary when those sports are the ones that have the most tradition and emphasis placed upon them. In sports where the bigger school has as much tradition and emphasis placed upon them, schools like H-F will struggle to compete consistently. imo
[/quote]But this seems to be the problem. He's being discredited for football or lack of participation among the students in football. My point is this: It's easy to blame and look at the top guy when you're losing.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762855" timestamp="1266620317"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=65861.msg762842#msg762842 date=1266617920]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg762524#msg762524 date=1266583555]
[/quote]

[/quote]But this seems to be the problem. He's being discredited for football or lack of participation among the students in football. My point is this: It's easy to blame and look at the top guy when you're losing.
[/quote]

Not a bad explanation but I don't think it applies here hf has no athletes on the football field right now idk about the coaching because he has done well before but 0-10 will get Bill Parcel the boot

Didn't BC go 0-10 two years or so ago...giving up around 50 points a game? Now...with the same coach and some better athletes make the playoffs. They have a shot to push for the district title next year. I read a thread in the boys basketball that talked about Roy Williams and UNC's struggles this year. The announcers made a comment that they will be better next year because they will have better athletes. Roy Williams won the National Championship last year and 2 in the past 5 (I believe). Should he be fired now because they probably won't make the big dance? Of course not. I don't know what's going on at HF but I think it's more than an 0-10 football record. Might not be a good fit, who knows.

HJ is not the only school benefiting from the crash at HF, We have welcomed several good multi sport players to EC over the last 4 or 5 years and they have had great sucess here. If things stay the same at HF we will welcome more with open arms. I am not saying they came here for sports but thank you HF. O yea these guys could have really helped HF. And for our sake I hope they leave our DC alone,he would make a good one but I dont think he would play the lil raindeer games they want a coach to play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder