***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="761696" timestamp="1266469370"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=65861.msg761586#msg761586 date=1266465207]
[quote author=hfaninthestands link=topic=65861.msg761563#msg761563 date=1266462897]
this thread just got interesting

[/quote]

I agree,  especially with the AD on here defending himself.
[/quote]
[/quote]

No broseph you have it all wrong Mack is calling my homie fisherking the ad

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="761504" timestamp="1266457508"]
Actually if you don't count soccer as a sport (which is easy to do) the numbers and success rates are down.  Football, baseball, softball, volleyball, and track were all better prior to his arrival.  There were three teams playing football at the high school level with some freshman A-B games.  The track teams were much better, and the softball and baseball programs had higher winning percentages and more playoff appearances. Remember, this is the same place that ran off Phil Danaher. They have a history of running off coaches. The only difference is this time they have a real excuse other that not playing the "right" kids.  The shame is the people who hired him will not be held responsible also.
[/quote]

so if all sports are down wouldnt that suggest a drop in talent?
If just one sport was not doing well and all others were then i might agree that coaching could play a factor. With all sports not doing well i say look at the talent level.

The problem seems to be with the administration,they have hired two coaches they never should have hired. They ran a coach off that went to the playoffs just about every year,but did not travel in the right circles. The district has taken huge steps backwards in the last 6-7 year that won't be fixed overnight. I would worry about the athletes that are leaving district in the last 4 years andhaving great sucess in other districts and privae schools. The numbers have droped really bad in those years. They had 3 baseball teams now trying to get 2,with only 2 seniors on varsity. And  in football now tryin to get a JV and varsity with 25 kids on varsity come on see the problems before it crashes completely. Do not let a certin social or church group influence your decisions you are making for the students. Oh by the way the girls sports are still thriving and winning, the problem is not talent its the decision makers. Hire someone the players in all sports will respect,they don't have to like him but they must respect him. If they respect him they will play for him and his staff in all sports. The girls sports are a good example @ HF. Come on guys do the right thing.

[quote name="kingfisher" post="761907" timestamp="1266517035"]
fisherking, bro, where you at? your opinion about the talent at hf?
[/quote]

Well since you asked my opinion, I only thing I can go by is the two games I saw in person this year and both games I saw them they looked very very overmatched in most categories (especially size, team speed) compared to their opponents on the field. The one thing that stood out most in the game was the 10 to 12 players I saw on the sidelines not suited out. They had like only 24 or 25 players in uniform. And the only other time I saw them two years ago when they beat Silsbee, by like 21 + points. that was impressive and a shocker. And I believe it is the same coach. So you be the judge?

[quote name="Hazben" post="762129" timestamp="1266533061"]
The problem seems to be with the administration,they have hired two coaches they never should have hired. They ran a coach off that went to the playoffs just about every year,but did not travel in the right circles. The district has taken huge steps backwards in the last 6-7 year that won't be fixed overnight. I would worry about the athletes that are leaving district in the last 4 years andhaving great sucess in other districts and privae schools. The numbers have droped really bad in those years. They had 3 baseball teams now trying to get 2,with only 2 seniors on varsity. And  in football now tryin to get a JV and varsity with 25 kids on varsity come on see the problems before it crashes completely. Do not let a certin social or church group influence your decisions you are making for the students. Oh by the way the girls sports are still thriving and winning, the problem is not talent its the decision makers. Hire someone the players in all sports will respect,they don't have to like him but they must respect him. If they respect him they will play for him and his staff in all sports. The girls sports are a good example @ HF. Come on guys do the right thing.
[/quote]huh?So if the girl's sports is doing well, then the current AD or administration takes credit, right? So the parents and girls respect the AD and administration.

[quote name="fisherking" post="762326" timestamp="1266548893"]
[quote author=kingfisher link=topic=65861.msg761907#msg761907 date=1266517035]
fisherking, bro, where you at? your opinion about the talent at hf?
[/quote]

Well since you asked my opinion, I only thing I can go by is the two games I saw in person this year and both games I saw them they looked very very overmatched in most categories (especially size, team speed) compared to their opponents on the field. The one thing that stood out most in the game was the 10 to 12 players I saw on the sidelines not suited out. They had like only 24 or 25 players in uniform. And the only other time I saw them two years ago when they beat Silsbee, by like 21 + points. that was impressive and a shocker. And I believe it is the same coach. So you be the judge?
[/quote]

You dodged the question then gave me a question bra.  What you said seemed to be a no.

[quote name="Rizon" post="762139" timestamp="1266535807"]
Well if this is in all true, any news on who they might be looking at?
[/quote]

I honestly believe that "athletic ability" is a little down right now at HF. I agree with someone earlier who said HF looked overmatched in both size and speed. When you are inferior athletically, our past season is what you get. (in football) I am also aware that there were a lot of injuries and a lot of kids who chose not to play. Why, I don't know. Only they can answer that.

The truth of the matter is, most high school athletic departments are measured by what the boys do. The girls have been contenders in all three major sports for the last three years while only the baseball team has competed in boys. Right now, our middle school has some athletes. If they all choose to stay at HF, we should be competitive for the next three or four years and the new AD will be the hero. If they choose to leave or not play, we can expect more of the same and it will be his/her fault.

The rumor, and I repeat rumor, is they are considering the baseball coach.

[quote name="WJBooger" post="762561" timestamp="1266590012"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=65861.msg762139#msg762139 date=1266535807]
[/quote]

I honestly believe that "athletic ability" is a little down right now at HF. I agree with someone earlier who said HF looked overmatched in both size and speed. When you are inferior athletically, our past season is what you get. (in football) I am also aware that there were a lot of injuries and a lot of kids who chose not to play. Why, I don't know. Only they can answer that.

The truth of the matter is, most high school athletic departments are measured by what the boys do. The girls have been contenders in all three major sports for the last three years while only the baseball team has competed in boys. Right now, our middle school has some athletes. If they all choose to stay at HF, we should be competitive for the next three or four years and the new AD will be the hero. If they choose to leave or not play, we can expect more of the same and it will be his/her fault.

[/quote]I have to agree. The one thing I would like to add is this: HF has an oportunity to make some waves in basketball and your new AD needs to recognize how to build a basketbal program. It's more than just going to a weight room, picking up balls in the gym for 2 months and thats it.

From what I have seen, there has been stability in the girls sports in coaching, The  volleyball coach and many key parts of the girls program have been a constant and have respect within the community. The boys program is a different matter, not much positive said in the community about the AD / head football coach and many of the others involved in the boys programs, by the parents or kids. It appears this has caused several kids to not compete in all sports which is necessary for a school the size of H-F to be competitive. I hope eveything works out for HF because the program has produced many fine athletes such as Spencer George and Flip Johnson as well as Les Koenning.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="762566" timestamp="1266590617"]
[quote author=WJBooger link=topic=65861.msg762561#msg762561 date=1266590012]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=65861.msg762139#msg762139 date=1266535807]
[/quote]

[/quote]I have to agree. The one thing I would like to add is this: HF has an oportunity to make some waves in basketball and your new AD needs to recognize how to build a basketbal program. It's more than just going to a weight room, picking up balls in the gym for 2 months and thats it.
[/quote]
response to your statement about the basketball program...you do understand that an AD in a 3A school is the head football coach and lives and dies by what he does on the football field. If the football team is successful, the community is happy. That's the nature of the beast. I've never heard a coach winnin in football in jeopardy of losing his job because the basketball team is 0-20 on a season. So should he really worry aboutthe basketball first? Or build his football program then Build around that?

[quote name="alice" post="762610" timestamp="1266594734"]
From what I have seen, there has been stability in the girls sports in coaching, The  volleyball coach and many key parts of the girls program have been a constant and have respect within the community. The boys program is a different matter, not much positive said in the community about the AD / head football coach and many of the others involved in the boys programs, by the parents or kids. It appears this has caused several kids to not compete in all sports which is necessary for a school the size of H-F to be competitive. I hope eveything works out for HF because the program has produced many fine athletes such as Spencer George and Flip Johnson as well as Les Koenning.
[/quote]Again, we keep saying how good the girl's program is but you had the same AD. The boys were losing BEFORE the new and current AD was hired. I'm just trying to see where the problem may really lie.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder