***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="fisherking" post="757765" timestamp="1265773406"]
Well originally I was going to ask what's up with this post but tonight my question may have been answered since I saw the AD coaching freshman boys basketball tonight vs. HJ. Tough reassignment to do 9th boys basketball. Is this a guess or an official post of a change in Longhorn land?
[/quote]I think he was already coaching 9th grade.

I THINK THE COACH NEED TO FOCUS ON WINNING FOOTBALL GAME,HE SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENT IN OTHER COACHES THAT HE HIRE TO DO THIS JOB,HE NEED TO COME WITH A BETTER SCHEAM IN BLOCKING AND MOVING THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD.NEXT HE WOULD WANT TO COACH SOFTBALL,BASEBALL,GIRL VOLLEYBALL.

[quote name="hf fan" post="760563" timestamp="1266348110"]
I THINK THE COACH NEED TO FOCUS ON WINNING FOOTBALL GAME,HE SHOULD HAVE CONFIDENT IN OTHER COACHES THAT HE HIRE TO DO THIS JOB,HE NEED TO COME WITH A BETTER SCHEAM IN BLOCKING AND MOVING THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD.NEXT HE WOULD WANT TO COACH SOFTBALL,BASEBALL,GIRL VOLLEYBALL.
[/quote]
Could you please translate what you just wrote, I lost you at "I think the coach need...........".

Coach Mangan was informed on Friday, Feb. 5th, by Superintendent Elliott that his services were no longer needed. Coach Mangan told a few of the parents this himself at the final middle school basketball games. His release does not become official until the next school board meeting which I believe is on the 22nd. Coach Mangan does have one year left on his contract and I believe he has offered to stay for the remainder of that contract in whatever capacity they can use him.

This coach did do some good things here at HF. The total number of students participating in athletics is up since he started, just not in football. We have a no one gets cut policy, so anyone can participate. Coach's attitude toward discipline is at times a little over the top. While some athletes thrive on it, some of the athletes can not handle it. We all know that kids today are not like we were. The coach was always right and our parents told us to keep our mouths shut and stick it out. In our permissive society, it doesn't work that way. While the total number of participants are up, a lot of "athletes" chose not to play directly under him. And althoug I don't necessarily agree, I believe this led to his ouster.

[quote name="WJBooger" post="761178" timestamp="1266425435"]
Coach Mangan was informed on Friday, Feb. 5th, by Superintendent Elliott that his services were no longer needed. Coach Mangan told a few of the parents this himself at the final middle school basketball games. His release does not become official until the next school board meeting which I believe is on the 22nd. Coach Mangan does have one year left on his contract and I believe he has offered to stay for the remainder of that contract in whatever capacity they can use him.

This coach did do some good things here at HF. The total number of students participating in athletics is up since he started, just not in football. We have a no one gets cut policy, so anyone can participate. Coach's attitude toward discipline is at times a little over the top. While some athletes thrive on it, some of the athletes can not handle it. We all know that kids today are not like we were. The coach was always right and our parents told us to keep our mouths shut and stick it out. In our permissive society, it doesn't work that way. While the total number of participants are up, a lot of "athletes" chose not to play directly under him. And althoug I don't necessarily agree, I believe this led to his ouster.
[/quote] And I just don't believe in kids quitting. Just because something isn't going your way it does not mean you quit.

[quote name="WJBooger" post="761178" timestamp="1266425435"]

[/quote]
If what you way is true because you have alot of detailed information, but this all seems speculative. But if true, HF is a sad place to be if an AD and/or head coaches are being fired for too many rules and too much discipline in an athletic program. What a dismal place to work. And  your right things are not the way they used to be nor . Sad sad sad.

Actually if you don't count soccer as a sport (which is easy to do) the numbers and success rates are down.  Football, baseball, softball, volleyball, and track were all better prior to his arrival.  There were three teams playing football at the high school level with some freshman A-B games.  The track teams were much better, and the softball and baseball programs had higher winning percentages and more playoff appearances. Remember, this is the same place that ran off Phil Danaher. They have a history of running off coaches. The only difference is this time they have a real excuse other that not playing the "right" kids.  The shame is the people who hired him will not be held responsible also.

So what ur saying is, this rumored firing is justified by what has been said?? Seems to me this is the same as not playing the right kid, but they just quit and go to another sport because they aren't playing instead of momma coming up and getting her way?

And disagree with you about the overall success of the HF athletic program the last few years. And soccer? Isn't this the first year of playing varsity?

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="761504" timestamp="1266457508"]
Actually if you don't count soccer as a sport (which is easy to do) the numbers and success rates are down.  Football, [b]baseball[/b], softball, [b]volleyball[/b], and track were all better prior to his arrival.  There were three teams playing football at the high school level with some freshman A-B games.  The track teams were much better, and the softball and baseball programs had higher winning percentages and more playoff appearances. Remember, this is the same place that ran off Phil Danaher. They have a history of running off coaches. The only difference is this time they have a real excuse other that not playing the "right" kids.  The shame is the people who hired him will not be held responsible also.
[/quote]

Uh, volleyball was one game away from state last year, as well as I think regional quarter-finals? two years ago.  Baseball had one of it's better season's last year, and look to be headed in the right direction.  The other four sports, well, if you knew Hamshire you would know why.

[quote name="RatedRSuperstar" post="761512" timestamp="1266458887"]
Disagree all you want. Everything I stated is a fact. The bottom line is until there are changes at the top, nothing will change at all.
[/quote]
If "the bottom line" was what u were trying to say before than I agree. But I cannot agree with the mentality of administration "firing" a coach at will for having a higher set of standards kids do not want to follow and using participation numbers as a reason as stated by "booger." What message are you sending to the kids?? Complain enough and we'll listen even if your wrong?

This probably has more to do with 0-10 than discipline.Even though discipline is the same at HF as it is anywhere. It's great until it applies to a board members kid. :D

Oh really PhatMack, it has gotten interesting. Which one of the posters on here is the AD? Because I haven't really read anyone on here defending the AD just wondering if rumors are true?

Superstar if 0-10 is the reason for the change then so be it. Then we have been arguing for no reason. Good luck to all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline