***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764580" timestamp="1266903082"]
This is what I hate for the AD's I understand they know it when they choose their proffesion but who wants their business aired out at a time like this
[/quote]

You mean when their future is determined then brought out to the public?

Anyway, just want to wish good luck to Coach Mangan in the future.

[quote name="horndawg" post="764585" timestamp="1266903424"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65861.msg764580#msg764580 date=1266903082]
This is what I hate for the AD's I understand they know it when they choose their proffesion but who wants their business aired out at a time like this
[/quote]

You mean when their future is determined then brought out to the public?

Anyway, just want to wish good luck to Coach Mangan in the future.
[/quote]

Pretty much....it's safe to say %99 of coaches good or bad put in huge effort

You see it all the time and it doesn't matter what level you participate. If you're losing, everybody becomes unhappy and starts to point fingers. And it's easier to point it at the coach. Maybe he took on too much @HF. Time will only tell. But if the next coach comes in with the same record, then it's time to seriously look at your talent and you have to be brutely honest with yourself and your kids. Now if the new coach comes in and wins, well everybody is happy and all is forgiven.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="764653" timestamp="1266937904"]
You see it all the time and it doesn't matter what level you participate. If you're losing, everybody becomes unhappy and starts to point fingers. And it's easier to point it at the coach. Maybe he took on too much @HF. Time will only tell. [b]But if the next coach comes in with the same record, then it's time to seriously look at your talent and you have to be brutely honest with yourself and your ki[/b]ds. Now if the new coach comes in and wins, well everybody is happy and all is forgiven.
[/quote]

Good luck with that!  In these days and times, parents will always 100% of the time, blame the coach for everything.  Parents pretend to know more, and know best from up in the stands.  The problems at HF run much deeper than x's and o's, I guarantee you that.  Hampshire and Fannett are not exactly booming with talent.  Unless there are some more Felman Malveaux's, Bobby Constantine's, and the likes coming up through the program, its going to take more than a miracle-working coach to turn all the problems around over there.

It will be interesting to see what rabbit the school board pulls out of the hat this time. It will be a tough sell for any coach outside the district with their history.

[quote name="fbneanderthal" post="764682" timestamp="1266940768"]
How is EC a step up in baseball?  Did you see the pounding they took in baseball yesterday?  22-1!!!

Does EC value baseball at all or is it just a Basketball, Football school?
[/quote]

For your info concerning baseball, if you were at the game you would see that we only had 2 players that played varsity last year on the field.  Really young team on the field, with error after error after error is really hard to overcome.  And only 1 scrimmage before this game.  And yes last year we did go to the playoffs for baseball.  And yes basketball is still in the playoffs so we have kids out. 

[quote name="attackpack" post="764749" timestamp="1266947617"]
Even though this is a football thread I wanted to give a little info concerning baseball too.  HF started 3 sophmores and a junior in the infield and a freshman in left.  They are young too.
[/quote]

How many players did you have that played varsity last year?  Also I think yall have pitching from last year.  We don't.  Doesn't really matter it was just a practice game what EC and HF does in district is what counts.  Good Luck EC and HF in your district games.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="764554" timestamp="1266901436"]
No contract renewal for HF's Mangan

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/no_contract_renewal_for_hamshire-fannett_s_mangan.html
[/quote]

AAW, you always pride yourself on being accurate.  There is a big difference between not extending a contract and non renewal of a contract.  The HF board did not extend Mangan contract for a second year.  Now he is working with a one year contract instead of a two year contract. He has a job at HF for another year if he chooses to stay.  A nonrenewal is the same thing as being fired, which apparently is not what happened.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="764810" timestamp="1266952110"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg764801#msg764801 date=1266951719]
Wasn't the previous AD ran out of HF?
[/quote]

Ran out one night by an angry mob...at least that's how I remember it
[/quote]

If that "angry mob" would focus their intensity more on developing athletic prowess rather than running off coaches, HF would become a power house in all sports!!!  ;D ;) :D

[quote name="sportsfan82" post="764784" timestamp="1266950580"]
[quote author=attackpack link=topic=65861.msg764749#msg764749 date=1266947617]
Even though this is a football thread I wanted to give a little info concerning baseball too.  HF started 3 sophmores and a junior in the infield and a freshman in left.  They are young too.
[/quote]

How many players did you have that played varsity last year?  Also I think yall have pitching from last year.  We don't.  Doesn't really matter it was just a practice game what EC and HF does in district is what counts.  Good Luck EC and HF in your district games.
[/quote]

3, with a couple pulled up for the playoffs.

Guest BUCMAN08
[quote name="fbneanderthal" post="764682" timestamp="1266940768"]
How is EC a step up in baseball?  Did you see the pounding they took in baseball yesterday?  22-1!!!

Does EC value baseball at all or is it just a Basketball, Football school?
[/quote]WE TOOK A  POUNDING YESTERDAY JUST LIKE YOU TOOK ALL YEAR IN FOOTBALL !!!! THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD RIGHT???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder