***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="765853" timestamp="1267063365"]
[quote author=Horn 04 link=topic=65861.msg765846#msg765846 date=1267062932]
A lot of people thought that Coach Valastro going to Winnie was a dream also. What a dump. ;D
[/quote]

Look at what he picked up by coming to EC look at the catastrophe in HF
[/quote]

Bucof2010 -- Coach Valastro didn't have to do much coaching when he got to EC.  The talent that was there was already there and Tramaine Thomas was leading it.  The kids that were there had been playing together before Valastro arrived.  What exactly did he pick up by coming to EC and what does that have to do with what you call "the catastrophe in HF"?  I would not be so quick to call what's going on at HF a catastrophe.  It was just stated today that the last time Nederland had a post season win was when Dwight Eienshower was President so does that mean Nederland has been a catastrophe?  I think it's called a slump not a catastrophe. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hfmom08" post="766598" timestamp="1267147383"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=65861.msg765853#msg765853 date=1267063365]
[quote author=Horn 04 link=topic=65861.msg765846#msg765846 date=1267062932]
A lot of people thought that Coach Valastro going to Winnie was a dream also. What a dump. ;D
[/quote]

Look at what he picked up by coming to EC look at the catastrophe in HF
[/quote]

Bucof2010 -- Coach Valastro didn't have to do much coaching when he got to EC.  The talent that was there was already there and Tramaine Thomas was leading it.  The kids that were there had been playing together before Valastro arrived.  What exactly did he pick up by coming to EC and what does that have to do with what you call "the catastrophe in HF"?  I would not be so quick to call what's going on at HF a catastrophe.  It was just stated today that the last time Nederland had a post season win was when Dwight Eienshower was President so does that mean Nederland has been a catastrophe?  I think it's called a slump not a catastrophe. 
[/quote]

Somone from HF mentioned that nobody thought coach V would come to EC that was my point...0-10 is as bad as it gets for h.s. football thats all I have to say about that

Somone from HF mentioned that nobody thought coach V would come to EC that was my point...0-10 is as bad as it gets for h.s. football thats all I have to say about that
[/quote]

And yes you have a point 0-10 is as bad as it gets at any level, in any sport but it still doesn't mean there is a catastrophe.  IMO it means all the pieces have to be put in place and that's all I have to say about that.

Guest BUCMAN08
[quote name="Horn 04" post="765846" timestamp="1267062932"]
[/quote]A DUMP?????????? WTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?????????

Changing the AD can only go so far. Turning a program around requires more than a one person change, it requires an influx of a great group of talent for a 2-3 year period in succession and the ability to change the attitude and expectations of the kids and that only comes about with many new faces, and attitudes. and some successes on the field. And whoever gets the HF job will not have the ability to change the staff much at all. The only job that keeps being changed at HF is the AD, everything else stays the same.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="766443" timestamp="1267134397"]
[quote author=Dirty D link=topic=65861.msg766336#msg766336 date=1267127023]
H-F is a few changes away from competing in football with O-F, H-J,and B-C.  If they get the right person in the AD football spot.
[/quote]Actually HF is closer to making waves in basketball than football. You certainly want an AD who is going to push the right  buttons to help all the programs.
[/quote]

Dove, it would be wonderful if we could get Jeff Keener back. When he left, he had aspirations of a 5A school and maybe a college position. Now with a wife from Bridge City and two beautiful children, maybe his priorities have changed. Maybe he would want to bring the little wifey and kids closer to grandma and grandpa. He would be a good one to take our basketball boys to where they could go.

I will preface this by saying I have no irons in the fire or dogs in the fight.  

As an outside observerer, there are more issue that need to be handled.  However, they do not need to be handled on this forum.  

All this bickering is not beneficial to the end result, that the kids at HF deserve the best opportunity.  

Ok, Mangan did not work out.  Quit beating the dead horse.

If you wonder about it coaches that consider appying watch these boards and form opinions about communities, situations and jobs.   Perception is reality.........

[quote name="GCMPats" post="767109" timestamp="1267210036"]
[quote author=WJBooger link=topic=65861.msg766832#msg766832 date=1267153448]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg766443#msg766443 date=1267134397]
[quote author=Dirty D link=topic=65861.msg766336#msg766336 date=1267127023]
H-F is a few changes away from competing in football with O-F, H-J,and B-C.  If they get the right person in the AD football spot.
[/quote]Actually HF is closer to making waves in basketball than football. You certainly want an AD who is going to push the right  buttons to help all the programs.
[/quote]

Dove, it would be wonderful if we could get Jeff Keener back. When he left, he had aspirations of a 5A school and maybe a college position. Now with a wife from Bridge City and two beautiful children, maybe his priorities have changed. Maybe he would want to bring the little wifey and kids closer to grandma and grandpa. He would be a good one to take our basketball boys to where they could go.
[/quote]

Keener is possibly going to go into Administration at GCM as a grade level Principal.
[/quote]And there you have it! Nobody wants to come back. Problems deeper than most willing to admit.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Loudmouth" post="767113" timestamp="1267210960"]
Why has this turned into a discussion of the past basketball coach?  Thought this was about the football position.
[/quote]

Things tend to get off subject at times.  ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="767131" timestamp="1267212244"]
[quote author=Loudmouth link=topic=65861.msg767113#msg767113 date=1267210960]
Why has this turned into a discussion of the past basketball coach?  Thought this was about the football position.
[/quote]Because you're going to need an AD whose intuned with more than  just football.
[/quote]

But in Texas, we all know who's king. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is. You're going to be hard pressed to find too many schools where the AD/Campus AD is not the head football coach.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="767139" timestamp="1267212903"]
The old argument about what is king in SETX has been had a couple of times on here.
[/quote]

Sorry, I did not read all 14 pages.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="767138" timestamp="1267212780"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg767131#msg767131 date=1267212244]
Why has this turned into a discussion of the past basketball coach?  Thought this was about the football position.
[/quote]Because you're going to need an AD whose intuned with more than  just football.
[/quote]

But in Texas, we all know who's king. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is. You're going to be hard pressed to find too many schools where the AD/Campus AD is not the head football coach.
[/quote]I truly understand the situation. But HF has a situation where it could become a basketball powerhouse if they plan their programming for the future.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="767205" timestamp="1267218313"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65861.msg767138#msg767138 date=1267212780]
[/quote]

[/quote]I truly understand the situation. But HF has a situation where it could [u][b]become a basketball powerhouse[/b][/u] if they plan their programming for the future.
[/quote]

???  ???  The power of positive thinking!!!  Good luck with that. :o

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="767229" timestamp="1267219979"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg767205#msg767205 date=1267218313]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65861.msg767138#msg767138 date=1267212780]
[/quote]

[/quote]I truly understand the situation. But HF has a situation where it could [u][b]become a basketball powerhouse[/b][/u] if they plan their programming for the future.
[/quote]

???   ???  The power of positive thinking!!!  Good luck with that. :o
[/quote]OKAY

I will preface this by saying I have no irons in the fire or dogs in the fight. 

"As an outside observerer, there are more issue that need to be handled.  However, they do not need to be handled on this forum. 

All this bickering is not beneficial to the end result, that the kids at HF deserve the best opportunity. 

Ok, Mangan did not work out.  Quit beating the dead horse.

If you wonder about it coaches that consider appying watch these boards and form opinions about communities, situations and jobs.  Perception is reality......... "

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]And therein lies the REAL problem shermdog, too many people on many levels are putting their own self interest above that of the kids as a whole, and until that stops and what is best for the kids becomes number 1, there will be problems.  And yes, coaches definitely read these posts, and very little of what's been said paints H-F in a very good light.  [/color][/font]

"Mangan was new in the program, not a coach that had been there before and not from anywhere in the area and look where that got him -- so what's your next suggestion?  We've had coaches from in the area, out of the area, promoted from within(been there before), and already there.  This has been said before -- The problem lies deeper and yes the school board, community, parents and kids will all need to recognize the real problems at HF before we see improvement/success no matter who is there.  All sports under the athletic program need support from all of those mentioned above.  I attended basketball games at WOS, HJ and Orangefield where community, parental and peer support was present.  I attended basketball games at HF(HOME GAMES) where the cheerleaders were not dressed out and cheering on their team (peers).  I do understand that the sponsor had a baby during the basketball season but was no one else able to step in and be a co-sponsor? I could go on but my whole point is many things need to change, get with the program, HF is being left behind in athletics."

Well said hfmom - the problem does lie deep and the kids are the ones who pay the price.  There are many truly talented athletes, supportive parents and community members that want a change, but we have to be willing to make the tough decisions, dig in and work hard to get it fixed.  It won't be easy, and probably not pretty, but  it's time to work together to solve these issues and bring back the H-F spirit and pride that existed once upon a time before it's too late for yet another group of kids.

I think Price could do a good job at HF... He has been in programs like that before and knows HF fairly well. You have to remember that HF, Liberty, Huffman, and BH used to fight it out for the old 3A district in the 90's. Price was the DC at BH for most of that. He would do a good job there I believe. He had a lot of success with a team and community very similar at BH when they were 3A. And from the way it sounds on one of the BH threads on here it looks like a large part of his staff is available so he could easily bring in an OC/DC and maybe a couple others as well to get this program jump started back to a playoff team in that district. I do not think it is a stretch to say that after one year with a good HC at HF that district could be 1. WOS 2. BC 3. HF

[quote name="BHBrave08" post="768402" timestamp="1267405293"]
I think Price could do a good job at HF... He has been in programs like that before and knows HF fairly well. You have to remember that HF, Liberty, Huffman, and BH used to fight it out for the old 3A district in the 90's. Price was the DC at BH for most of that. He would do a good job there I believe. He had a lot of success with a team and community very similar at BH when they were 3A. And from the way it sounds on one of the BH threads on here it looks like a large part of his staff is available so he could easily bring in an OC/DC and maybe a couple others as well to get this program jump started back to a playoff team in that district. I do not think it is a stretch to say that after one year with a good HC at HF that district could be 1. WOS 2. BC 3. HF
[/quote]

You gotta be a Homer or somthin to leave out Silsbee

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder