***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="horndawg" post="770775" timestamp="1267741771"]
[quote author=BHBrave08 link=topic=65861.msg770773#msg770773 date=1267741643]
Has HF released any kind of applicant list or anything new to the press since they reassigned the AD?
[/quote]

I'm hearing everything is very tight lipped.  :-X
[/quote]

???You're HEARING tight lips? ???

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="770810" timestamp="1267743641"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg770775#msg770775 date=1267741771]
Has HF released any kind of applicant list or anything new to the press since they reassigned the AD?
[/quote]

I'm hearing everything is very tight lipped.  :-X
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it takes a special skill to do that,  you know, like catching a jackalope... ::)

come on use just a little reading comprehension  :P

[quote name="horndawg" post="770858" timestamp="1267749206"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=65861.msg770810#msg770810 date=1267743641]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg770775#msg770775 date=1267741771]
[/quote]

I'm hearing everything is very tight lipped.  :-X
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it takes a special skill to do that,  you know, [b]like catching a jackalope... ::)[/b]

come on use just a little reading comprehension  :P
[/quote]

Lmao funniest thing i heard all week :D

Dove, my question from the last page still stands unanswered...

so blue, I've been reading about parents and kids are the ones that built/maintain the tradition at HF... I'm assuming your son/daughter (assuming a son, correct me if I am wrong) attends HF. Will your son/daughter stay at HF to play out his/her high school career?

[quote name="horndawg" post="771149" timestamp="1267798078"]

so blue, I've been reading about parents and kids are the ones that built/maintain the tradition at HF... I'm assuming your son/daughter (assuming a son, correct me if I am wrong) attends HF. Will your son/daughter stay at HF to play out his/her high school career?

[/quote]
Horny if he is smart he will take em out Monday. [move]BAIL NOW ![/move]

[quote name="ECbuc4real" post="772076" timestamp="1267893393"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg771149#msg771149 date=1267798078]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/amanda123s/ratard.png[/img]

[quote name="horndawg" post="772454" timestamp="1267927054"]
[quote author=ECbuc4real link=topic=65861.msg772076#msg772076 date=1267893393]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=65861.msg771149#msg771149 date=1267798078]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m299/amanda123s/ratard.png[/img]

[/quote]

Y because b;ue has legit kids who belong in a legit program which hf doesnt have?

Or the other choice is to stay and hope you kids doesn't get screwed by HF athletic department.  I would love to see the programs turn around you have great parent support and a lot of kids with alot of heart.  Mangan was definitely not a good fit for this school.  Put it in the past and move on.  Consider it a lesson learned and fix the problem. 

[quote name="HFHORNS" post="772870" timestamp="1268003771"]
Or the other choice is to stay and [b]hope you kids doesn't get screwed by HF athletic department.  [/b]I would love to see the programs turn around you have great parent support and a lot of kids with alot of heart.  Mangan was definitely not a good fit for this school.  Put it in the past and move on.  Consider it a lesson learned and fix the problem. 
[/quote]

Please do explain what you mean.

I can only speak from a basketball point of view. You have to look at the program and see what kind of commitment there is towards the program. Do the coaches offer open gym during the summer? Is there a commitment from players to get better by working and playing against good competition? Does the style of play fit the talent of the players? Can the coach make adjustments during the game to win? Just a few questions..........

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="773043" timestamp="1268023067"]
I can only speak from a basketball point of view. You have to look at the program and see what kind of commitment there is towards the program. Do the coaches offer open gym during the summer? Is there a commitment from players to get better by working and playing against good competition? Does the style of play fit the talent of the players? Can the coach make adjustments during the game to win? Just a few questions..........
[/quote]
So that means you would leave on account of athletics? Hmm...so are the parents and kids really committed to HF then?

[quote name="horndawg" post="773557" timestamp="1268103358"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg773043#msg773043 date=1268023067]
[/quote]
So that means you would leave on account of athletics? Hmm...so are the parents and kids really committed to HF then?
[/quote]

Why should they be if hf isn't commited to giving them the best opportunities possible?

Can we assume that HF and OF can be favorably compared based on enrollment?  If so then the issue of AD and who and what is a good fit can be brought up and we can look at OF, they replaced their AD last year with not much improvement in football.  Last year there was a thread that stated that it was the kids at OF and their preference to play basketball was more to blame for the team having trouble making playoffs. 

Watching SETX sports for more than a decade I can attest to one thing OF will always compete for a playoff spot in every sport.  The new AD at OF will make two playoffs in the next five years.

HF can only compete in vball and baseball year in and year out.  The reason is
* Athletes are above average in ALL of the following categories: Height, wing span, quickness, speed, overall coordination and body control.  In the last five years HF has completely lost all there athletes, they are gone the have a hand full at best.  Now new coach will fix that.

OF and HF are the only two schools in that district that have never been larger than 3A.  However, OF has more athletes and better facillities as well as better pay.  The OF parents may not always agree with coaches but they keep their thoughts to themselves better than HF, the HF parents feel that this site was designed for them to explain to the rest of the SETX community that with better coaching they would win.  HF wants to let you know how well they do in defending their state title in academic UIL.  What we should do is set up a forum for the smart kids parents from HF to get on her and thump their chest.  All I can say is HF is not two or ten years from competing in all sports they should move the junior high coaches up and then and only then will they win.                           

[quote name="SETX RULES" post="773602" timestamp="1268108901"]
Can we assume that HF and OF can be favorably compared based on enrollment?  If so then the issue of AD and who and what is a good fit can be brought up and we can look at OF, they replaced their AD last year with not much improvement in football.  Last year there was a thread that stated that it was the kids at OF and their preference to play basketball was more to blame for the team having trouble making playoffs. 

Watching SETX sports for more than a decade I can attest to one thing OF will always compete for a playoff spot in every sport.  The new AD at OF will make two playoffs in the next five years.

* Athletes are above average in ALL of the following categories: Height, wing span, quickness, speed, overall coordination and body control.  In the last five years HF has completely lost all there athletes, they are gone the have a hand full at best.  Now new coach will fix that.

OF and HF are the only two schools in that district that have never been larger than 3A.  However, OF has more athletes and better facillities as well as better pay.  The OF parents may not always agree with coaches but they keep their thoughts to themselves better than HF, the HF parents feel that this site was designed for them to explain to the rest of the SETX community that with better coaching they would win.  HF wants to let you know how well they do in defending their state title in academic UIL.  What we should do is set up a forum for the smart kids parents from HF to get on her and thump their chest.  All I can say is HF is not two or ten years from competing in all sports they should move the junior high coaches up and then and only then will they win.                             
[/quote] :D

The answer to your question is no they don't offer open gym to the kids on the weekend.  They could try and call a coach to see if they would come open up the gym for them to come practice.  Usually that didn't happen.  They used to play in the EC summer league not sure if that happens any more.  After a while the kids get tired of trying and they quit!  You have to have the support from the top to get the dedication at the bottom.

They don't have open gym during the summer? That's hard to believe because every school that I know of has open gym during the summer. On the weekends during the school year, I don't believe any school has "open gym" and I would l like to see what the UIL would say about a school that does. I'm not saying it's illegal, I don't know, but it seems as if you could be getting into some testy waters by having open gym for sports when they are out of season and not have someone accuse you of coaching going on. It's this simple to me...not a great load of athletes coming through right now on the boys side and playing WOS and Silsbee in football and HJ, Silsbee, and WOS in basketball...hard to win. Blame it on the coaches, on the kids, parents, whoever, but they will be in the mix for the playoffs in two years in both football and basketball because they have athletes coming up.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="773739" timestamp="1268146975"]
[quote author=SETX RULES link=topic=65861.msg773602#msg773602 date=1268108901]

[/quote]

Can BlueDove, or horndawg, or even bucof2010 interpret this ??? ??? ???

[quote name="BadMedicine" post="773899" timestamp="1268159826"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=65861.msg773739#msg773739 date=1268146975]
[quote author=SETX RULES link=topic=65861.msg773602#msg773602 date=1268108901]

[/quote]

Can BlueDove, or horndawg, or even bucof2010 interpret this ??? ??? ???
[/quote]

If he's a Jr high coach it makes perfect sense lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder