***New H-F AD......WHO WILL IT BE? Mangan Reassigned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WJBooger" post="765676" timestamp="1267047132"]
I believe that Wayne Mehaffey, the baseball coach, is being considered for the job.
[/quote]

He would be a good choice.  HF is going to have problems attracting top notch candidates coming off a 0 - 10 season and the district they are in.  It seems to me if they have a couple of guys in the program who are familiar with the athletes and qualified for the position, they would look to promote within.

[quote name="WJBooger" post="765676" timestamp="1267047132"]
I believe that Wayne Mehaffey, the baseball coach, is being considered for the job.
[/quote]

Coach Mahaffey would be an outstanding choice. He has the experience and the players respond well to him.
Hopefully the HF administration will give Coach Mahaffey a long look.

Guest Horn 04
[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="765665" timestamp="1267045634"]
There is quite a hot free agent coach just down I 10 from you guys...DON PRICE!  Get his agent on the phone!
[/quote]

The rumor is that the call has already been made.  The HF Supt. is a BH alumni. He would probably clean house if he took the job.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="765665" timestamp="1267045634"]
There is quite a hot free agent coach just down I 10 from you guys...DON PRICE!  Get his agent on the phone!
[/quote]

Would be a perfect fit!  8)

[quote name="baseball25" post="765580" timestamp="1267036748"]
Need to bring somebody new into the program, not a coach that has been there before or is already there.
[/quote]

Mangan was new in the program, not a coach that had been there before and not from anywhere in the area and look where that got him -- so what's your next suggestion?  We've had coaches from in the area, out of the area, promoted from within(been there before), and already there.  This has been said before -- The problem lies deeper and yes the school board, community, parents and kids will all need to recognize the real problems at HF before we see improvement/success no matter who is there.   All sports under the athletic program need support from all of those mentioned above.  I attended basketball games at WOS, HJ and Orangefield where community, parental and peer support was present.  I attended basketball game[u]s[/u] at HF(HOME GAMES) where the cheerleaders were not dressed out and cheering on their team (peers).  I do understand that the sponsor had a baby during the basketball season but was no one else able to step in and be a co-sponsor? I could go on but my whole point is many things need to change, get with the program, HF is being left behind in athletics.

[quote name="ECbuc4real" post="765827" timestamp="1267061106"]
Yea someone off a staff that was 0-10 is the answer. Walker are ou kidding me  ??? ??? ??? Up the salary and go after a name to turn things around. They are not gonna get a big name for what they pay.
[/quote]

They're not gonna get a big name any way they need a diamond in the rough maybe a successful 1-a Guy. Don Price going to hf is dreaming

[quote name="hfmom08" post="765825" timestamp="1267061038"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=65861.msg765580#msg765580 date=1267036748]
Need to bring somebody new into the program, not a coach that has been there before or is already there.
[/quote]

Mangan was new in the program, not a coach that had been there before and not from anywhere in the area and look where that got him -- so what's your next suggestion?  We've had coaches from in the area, out of the area, promoted from within(been there before), and already there.  This has been said before -- The problem lies deeper and yes the school board, community, parents and kids will all need to recognize the real problems at HF before we see improvement/success no matter who is there.   All sports under the athletic program need support from all of those mentioned above.  I attended basketball games at WOS, HJ and Orangefield where community, parental and peer support was present.  I attended basketball game[u]s[/u] at HF(HOME GAMES) where the cheerleaders were not dressed out and cheering on their team (peers).  I do understand that the sponsor had a baby during the basketball season but was no one else able to step in and be a co-sponsor? I could go on but my whole point is many things need to change, get with the program, HF is being left behind in athletics.
[/quote]Good points! I think I'll try and attend some board meetings and see what plans are in the works for the athletic program, especially regarding the future of the basketball program @ HF

[quote name="Horn 04" post="765774" timestamp="1267057360"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=65861.msg765665#msg765665 date=1267045634]
[/quote]

The rumor is that the call has already been made.  The HF Supt. is a BH alumni. He would probably clean house if he took the job.
[/quote]
Some people's garbage is other people's gold.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="766234" timestamp="1267119938"]
So changing to a new AD will solve HF's problems on the field and court???
[/quote]

Price's reputation not only as a football coach, but as an AD speaks for itself.  So, Yes, he can fix most of the problems at HF if he is allowed to bring his own guys in and operate.  HF would kill for the success the BH fans ran Price out of town for having.

[quote name="Dirty D" post="766336" timestamp="1267127023"]
H-F is a few changes away from competing in football with O-F, H-J,and B-C.  If they get the right person in the AD football spot.
[/quote]Actually HF is closer to making waves in basketball than football. You certainly want an AD who is going to push the right  buttons to help all the programs.

The BH coach definately has the reputation and past record to garner respect by parents and kids , but at BH he had a large student population to choose from. Perhaps someone from a successful 2a school would have a better understanding of how to use the limited number of athletes in all sports. That is something that we deal with constantly on the 2a level. Football, basketball, and baseball along with UIL academics, tennis, golf, and  FFA have to coexist in small communities for success.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder