I AM AN OFFICIAL LAMAR FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!

lu cards

Guest coachacola
[quote name="Gtj007" post="747481" timestamp="1264098620"]
Where do I find info about tailgating and how do you reserve a spot?
[/quote]

This should have the info you want: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/tickets/footbl-s-tickets-parking.html

[quote name="LCM2LU" post="747557" timestamp="1264106681"]
$500? Seriously? $100 to park at the Montagne? Guess there won't be any actual students tailgating! lol
[/quote]

That's a good observation.  But I guess 5 students can go in and get a spot @$100.  $20 per student for 6 games.  $3.33 per game.  Or, just "make the rounds" - Frat and Sorority tents etc.

[quote name="LCM2LU" post="747557" timestamp="1264106681"]
$500? Seriously? $100 to park at the Montagne? Guess there won't be any actual students tailgating! lol
[/quote]

Yeah frats and sororities will set up I'm sure.

Guest coachacola
I read in the Beaumont Enterprise that they've already sold over 1000 tickets to Cardinal Club members.  That seems like a good start considering they have started selling any tickets to the general public.

[quote]Q. How can I get the best seat possible?

A. Arrive early. Roughly 1,000 tickets have been sold to Cardinal Club members, and a majority of those tickets are for chair-backed seats in the gold section, said Brad McGowan, LU's assistant athletic director for development. The stadium will seat approximately 15,300, so plenty tickets remain. [/quote]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/82321812.html

I'll be conservative and say the average ticket sold was $225, which means Lamar has already sold $225,000+ worth of tickets, not counting parking.

Got mine this morning as well.  Parking seems to be going fast, they already sold out two of the lots by the time I got to the line (and I was about 40th in line this morning :)).  They did say that they were going to sell some blocks of four tailgate spots in the main Montagne lot now. 

[quote name="mffl" post="748574" timestamp="1264273325"]Sold 901 season tickets today.
[/quote]

So, about 2000 tickets total between the 1,000 bought pre-sale and this bunch?

This was a good day for Lamar and the Southland Conference!

Hopefully, we'll have more good stories like this from not just the up-starts, but the programs who have been around for some time...

Guest coachacola
I think it's a pretty good start after 1/2 a day.  These are the hard core football fans who wanted the best seats.  Now the rest of the public can just call or order tickets online so over the next 7 months they should sell at least 3000 more. 

If they reach 5,000 season tickets sold that wouldn't be too bad.  I was thinking they'll see anywhere between 5K and 10K season tickets, although selling 10K is way too optimistic.  Doesn't McNeese average around 6500 a year?  I think Texas State with their 30K students only sell 2K or 3K season tickets a year.  By SLC standards Lamar will do alright.

[quote name="coachacola" post="748589" timestamp="1264274912"]If they reach 5,000 season tickets sold that wouldn't be too bad.  I was thinking they'll see anywhere between 5K and 10K season tickets, although selling 10K is way too optimistic.  Doesn't McNeese average around 6500 a year?  I think Texas State with their 30K students only sell 2K or 3K season tickets a year.  By SLC standards Lamar will do alright.[/quote]

I think McNeese sold about 7k-8k in season tickets. They had that barometer on their web site, for some reason I want to say it was closer to 8k than anything.

Can not remember what TXST sold. They had the big speedometer on their web site for "The Drive". The number jumped dramatically when the Fields gave their donations for the tickets.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="748699" timestamp="1264292961"]TX state only averages about 7000 people and they went to the postseason last year and barely missed it this year! So Lamar is looking pretty good so far![/quote]

Can you please let us all know where you got your math education?

Games/Attendance
2009: 6/12488
2008: 6/11225
2007: 6/11408
2006: 6/12886
2005: 10/12875

7000 people? Try 4-5k more...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member