I AM AN OFFICIAL LAMAR FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!!

lu cards

Guest coachacola
According to NCAA stats, Texas State averages about 12K a year, but the vast majority of that is students.  They probably on sell a few thousand season tickets a year.  They want to go FBS, but they'll be relying on student fees to fund that.  With 30K students they can bring in a lot of money, but you'd think they'd have a lot more alumni buying tickets.

I was in line Saturday for season tickets, when i overheard Lamar President Jimmy Simmons tell another person in line that Billy Tubbs wanted to go FBS in five years. He also said, if they do enlarge the stadium they probably would build sections in the gaps between the Montagne Center and the ends of the stadium and then add a second deck on east side. It would seat about 35,000.

I'm not a regular here. I've been lurking around just reading the comments about LU sports. I thought I would add my two cents today. I found the Lamar Presidents comments interesting. I thought I would share  what I overheard. I'm not sure if any of this has been previously posted.

[quote name="smith" post="747607" timestamp="1264113173"]
[quote author=LCM2LU link=topic=65048.msg747557#msg747557 date=1264106681]
$500? Seriously? $100 to park at the Montagne? Guess there won't be any actual students tailgating! lol
[/quote]

That's a good observation.  But I guess 5 students can go in and get a spot @$100.  $20 per student for 6 games.  $3.33 per game.  Or, just "make the rounds" - Frat and Sorority tents etc.
[/quote]

Students have their own tailgating section from what I hear.

[quote name="RS73" post="748898" timestamp="1264362940"]
I was in line Saturday for season tickets, when i overheard Lamar President Jimmy Simmons tell another person in line that Billy Tubbs wanted to go FBS in five years. He also said, if they do enlarge the stadium they probably would build sections in the gaps between the Montagne Center and the ends of the stadium and then add a second deck on east side. It would seat about 35,000.

I'm not a regular here. I've been lurking around just reading the comments about LU sports. I thought I would add my two cents today. I found the Lamar Presidents comments interesting. I thought I would share  what I overheard. I'm not sure if any of this has been previously posted.
[/quote]

I know that Jimmy Simmons says that he has architectural drawings of expanding the stadium to 30,000+.

Guest coachacola
I'm guessing in the next few years they'll be some big shakeups in conference alignments so there should be a spot available somewhere for Lamar.  I think that's part of the reason why we're seeing all this money spent on facilities.

Mizzou leaving the for the Big 10 means TCU to the Big XII. Boise State and Utah will both join the PAC 10 because they will want to bring more attention to the conference, also setting a conf. championship game in football and more $$$. The big east will take UCF, Memphis, ECU, and Marshall. This will lead to spots in the CUSA and sunbelt, as well as maybe a new conference in the great west with MWC going different directions.

Guest coachacola
I think there's going to be quite a few schools wanting to go FBS so I think we'll see a new conference come out of all this.  The way the WAC, CUSA, and Sun Belt conferences are spread out we'll probably see more regional conferences comes about.  Throw in the financial difficulties some of the Louisiana schools are having and the intentions of UTSA and Texas State to go FBS, the SLC could look a lot different a few years from now.  LU will probably join with them in moving up.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="749092" timestamp="1264388656"]
I like the info on Tubbs wanting to go Football Championship Subdivision and the stadium expansion plans.  I would think that 35k would include a bowl on the south end.  I talked with someone Saturday night who said that Mainord was taking 2 of our commits to Texas Tech with him.  What a guy!
[/quote]

Do you know which two commits that was?

Guest coachacola
[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="749126" timestamp="1264390391"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=65048.msg749092#msg749092 date=1264388656]
I like the info on Tubbs wanting to go Football Championship Subdivision and the stadium expansion plans.  I would think that 35k would include a bowl on the south end.  I talked with someone Saturday night who said that Mainord was taking 2 of our commits to Texas Tech with him.  What a guy!
[/quote]

[/quote]

LU must be getting some good commits if they're good enough for Texas Tech to take!

[quote name="coachacola" post="749144" timestamp="1264391501"]
[quote author=LU4LIFE link=topic=65048.msg749126#msg749126 date=1264390391]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=65048.msg749092#msg749092 date=1264388656]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LU must be getting some good commits if they're good enough for Texas Tech to take!
[/quote]

Yeah, this isn't a negative to me at all. Woodward is doing something right..

[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="749126" timestamp="1264390391"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No I don't. Was hoping someone on this board could verify if this was true and who they were.

Guest coachacola
I haven't seen any lists of who Lamar is recruiting.  I've seen a few names here and there but not much more.  Maybe someone who has some info can start a recruiting thread.

I haven't seen anything around, and I looked on rival's tech site and they have nothing on new recruits that de-committed from LU and are going to Tech. Maybe they are walking on at Tech.

Well I'll be picking up at least 4 more season tickets next week so you can 4 to your total.  Most people I talk to are still considering getting them.  I haven't talked to anyone who has purchased them already.  I think it is fantastic if we've already sold 2000 season tickets.  If we make it to 5000 I would be thrilled.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami