BH Hires Two-time State Champ Coach - Ronnie Gage

HillGuy

coach gage is the real deal. he has done what needs to be done where he was. hope he has a free hand to do the same at the hill without the pressure from outsiders.  he will make a lot of money, but will earn every penny. 2 years from now i hope that he is glad that he accepted the position.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that if Coach Price would have said something similar to this that people would be bashing him on here because he is negative.
[/quote]

If Coach Price said something similar he would get bashed because he was negative???????  All he ever SAID or DID was negative.  He was forever complaining about what he didn't have as opposed to the possibilities.  I really hope we all just ignore stranger's posts.  I understand why he has the name "stranger" because he obviously doesn't want to embrace the new BH. 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="763607" timestamp="1266770310"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64943.msg761985#msg761985 date=1266520876]
What the heck is a "BH Kid"?
[/quote]

Future boss of a GCM kid ;D
[/quote]

That's funny. I don't care who ya are.

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="761044" timestamp="1266411743"]
I am with you bballer.  I am not trying to piss off anyone.  I have also been here a long time and didn't even read this blog until I overheard someone talking about it after we found out Price was leaving.  I was veru disappointed in our previous leadership at the athletic department.   But it wasn't (isn't) just Price who is the problem.  I am hopeful that Coach Gage will see the "true colors" of some of the other coaches and replace them. 

[/quote]

I just never understood way most of them (Former Coaches) were so paranoid from day one. Some of them really thought they shood be praised for being a football coach. There may be some who would be a value added employee if kept around but i'm not sure if the baggage may be just too much.

:-\ :-\

I know this is way off topic, but here goes... 

I know Coach Gage and whoever he brings with him will need a place to live and I am putting my house on the market by owner this week.  So if anyone reading this knows any of them yet send them my way. 
4 BR
3 BATH
Media Room
Right across the street from the High School, perfect location for High School Coach.  Send me PM if interested.

Good Luck Coach Gage!!!

[quote name="eagle65" post="763862" timestamp="1266816764"]
what makes you think they want to live that close to the school.
[/quote]

Why you gotta be a Smart A@@, just thought it would be convenient.  There is always got to be one.  You never know they might like that, unless of course you already know them so well you know what they would and would not like. 

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="763903" timestamp="1266844458"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=64943.msg763862#msg763862 date=1266816764]
[/quote]

Why you gotta be a Smart A@@, just thought it would be convenient.  There is always got to be one.  You never know they might like that, unless of course you already know them so well you know what they would and would not like.   
[/quote] Have you seen the gas prices lately?????? lol

[quote name="eagle65" post="763862" timestamp="1266816764"]
[/quote]

What does is matter eagle65?  tnt_mom is just trying to help by offering something to the new people coming to town.  Thanks "mom" for looking out for our new employees and giving them an opportunity to take a look first. 

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="765382" timestamp="1267013914"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=64943.msg763862#msg763862 date=1266816764]
[/quote]

What does is matter eagle65?  tnt_mom is just trying to help by offering something to the new people coming to town.  Thanks "mom" for looking out for our new employees and giving them an opportunity to take a look first. 
[/quote]

Thanks TruBlue, that's just what I was trying to do. 

Well you bunch of BH whiners, it looks like you got your wish... the ax is starting to fall on the coaches you guys just love to hate. Some are leaving on their own (handwriting on the wall) while others who are doing a fine job are being fired. I would like to thank all of the coaches for their service, whether they leave on their own or by force. There are a lot of people who appreciate the profession and know the time and effort that go into it. Thank you Coaches Price, Byrd, Nunez, Parsons, Riley for the time you gentlemen have spent coaching and mentoring our youth. (Forgive me if I leave anyone out). I know others are being reassigned so not all will be leaving much to the disappointment of the brilliant minds that seem to frequent the BH threads on SETXSPORTS these days. And I feel for the girls and boys BB coaches, because the ruling elite in BH will not tolerate losing while their children are on the team. That just will not do!

Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with Coach Gage, this comes from "The Furor" and his seven member SS panel.

I could go on and on about why this is wrong, take for instance the treatment of the girls BB coach during the season and the recent disrespect for his family and home after the recent playoff loss. Disgusting. Maybe you people of the "NEW BH" as one of you recently posted can explain why coach Parsons is being ask to leave without explanation. I have heard nothing but praise for the results he has gotten out of the kids he has worked with.. girls and boys. Like I said I could go on, but what would be the point.

Coach Gage, you will have my full support, because you are coaching the children of BH. Just be careful, you are coaching and overseeing some all-americans here, if you don't believe me .. just ask their parents. Stick to your guns and run it like YOU want to.

Well... back to grading those papers!

[quote name="BH96" post="765866" timestamp="1267064289"]
Ok trucked what happened to the BB coaches house.
[/quote]

By the time Coach made it home from the game (a very close and painful loss), someone had posted a for sale sign in his yard. Just after the last game at home, one of the fine upstanding citizens (parent) poked Coach in the chest and told him:
"I hope you enjoyed this game because it will be the last game you coach at this gym."

How do we help the new coach? Get rid of the people he thinks are asset to the program. Brilliant. Coach Parsons is an asset to this school. And coach Byrd will be a big loss to the football and baseball program if he is pushed out.

This kind of thing has got to stop. If this is the New BH some of you speak of then have at it. I want no part of this. I tried to be positive and let the mindless banter go on, to just visit this site to find out info about the type of OFF / DEF we might be running, but the very people who wanted coach Price gone aren't satified with him being gone, they want everybody gone and look for any excuse bash him and his staff. Truly disgusting.

Just give coach Gage your support and let the past go.

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="765961" timestamp="1267069334"]
[quote author=BH96 link=topic=64943.msg765866#msg765866 date=1267064289]
Ok trucked what happened to the BB coaches house.
[/quote]

By the time Coach made it home from the game (a very close and painful loss), someone had posted a for sale sign in his yard. Just after the last game at home, one of the fine upstanding citizens (parent) poked Coach in the chest and told him:
"I hope you enjoyed this game because it will be the last game you coach at this gym."

How do we help the new coach? Get rid of the people he thinks are asset to the program. Brilliant. Coach Parsons is an asset to this school. And coach Byrd will be a big loss to the football and baseball program if he is pushed out.

This kind of thing has got to stop. If this is the New BH some of you speak of then have at it. I want no part of this. I tried to be positive and let the mindless banter go on, to just visit this site to find out info about the type of OFF / DEF we might be running, but the very people who wanted coach Price gone aren't satified with him being gone, they want everybody gone and look for any excuse bash him and his staff. Truly disgusting.

Just give coach Gage your support and let the past go.
[/quote]

Sounds like someone has watch "Friday Night Lights" a few times too many. Maybe we should have hired Rodney King??? I don't know the answer.  :-\

Well that parent needs there as_ kicked plain and simple for doing something so stupid. Especially over a Basketball game. How much influence does a coach have over a basket ball game to begin with its five on five the round ball goes in the round hoop. the coach didnt loose the game hell he never made a shot. lol

Ok but back on subject. Ive heard from different people on both sides of the spectrum and both make good points about why some should stay and some should leave. And I also know alot of these coaches personally. And alot of them are good guys that I would like see hang around and given a fresh start but also some of them need to go or be reassigned. Now its no secret that every High School HC/AD has a following of his own select coaches that he will bring with him or take with him. This is Texas high School football at its finest and Politics at its best. Some good ones will leave and some bad ones will stay and vise versa. All I can say is from what I have read about Coach Gage because I dont know him personally is I think he will make a good replacment for Price. And I believe he has evaluated the coaches and wants to keep the ones that best suit his agenda and plans. Now theres no doubt that some recomendations have been made to him about certain coaches. Either from school board or parents of the elite all-american players that BH is well known to have an over abundance of but cant produce div 1 players. But I think Gage would have the final say so in it unless the coach/teacher contract is up for the school. Then it would be a school board decision. And no matter what people say about the school board and how they shouldnt be involved. My dad taught me a valuable peice of information when I was younger. And thats dont bite the hand that feeds you.

OMG what shock a new Coach wants to bring in his own people!!!!! First off I don't believe one thing that Trucked has spewed and will wait to rely on folks that didn't have (As one poster put it )a man crush on Price to provide information. It may have happened and I may not have, but to start your first post with the beginning of "Well you bunch of BH whiners" and then CRY three paragraphs is hilarious; D I have never seen such a bunch of sore losers in my life! Those that are supposed to be here for BH only care that there buddy is no longer in power! BH needed a change sorry you could not see this, but if this thing would have went to the polls for a vote we would have ended up with the same result! This is not the boards fault or the Supers fault, Price has to have some fault in his departure whether you choose to believe it or not. Coach Gage has nothing to fear at BH and will get the same support that Price enjoyed for most of his career at BH, but if 10 years from now BH hasn’t made it past a second round appearance then Gage will fall into the same barrel. Is it Fair? Heck no! Is this what a Coach should expect? If not you should find job at a plant where you can work for 30 years regardless of  what you do because you are a Good Ole Boy.

Can someone pass me a tissue please  :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder