BH Hires Two-time State Champ Coach - Ronnie Gage

HillGuy

Back to the topic ;D I wonder if BH will get some Turf and stadium improvements??? Also After the school board recieve so much grief on here I think they deserve a big kudos for the selection they made. I was a little worried my self that the good ole boy network may prevail and someones cousin gets hired, but the board amd Poole went way beyon by expectations in getting a coach for BH. Great job guys and thank you for trying to make BH the best it can be!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="746796" timestamp="1264001697"]
Now it will be interesting to see if any of the existing assistant coaches are retained for next year.[/quote]

Those eligible probably ought to contact the retirement system and the other ones update their resumes.  It will not be business as usual, Im sure. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="746829" timestamp="1264004737"]
Back to the topic ;D I wonder if BH will get some Turf and stadium improvements??? Also After the school board recieve so much grief on here I think they deserve a big kudos for the selection they made. I was a little worried my self that the good ole boy network may prevail and someones cousin gets hired, but the board amd Poole went way beyon by expectations in getting a coach for BH. Great job guys and thank you for trying to make BH the best it can be!!!!!
[/quote]

You can give kudos for the board voting yes, but they have nothing to do with the selection process.  I'm sure there are some out there a little disappointed that a "buddy", "crony" or "cousin" didn't get even get pursued...now they have nothing to complain about for awhile.  ;D

Good luck Coach Gage and welcome to THE HILL.

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="746796" timestamp="1264001697"]
Now it will be interesting to see if any of the existing assistant coaches are retained for next year...IMO, [size=12pt][/size][font=Verdana][color=red][/color][/font]I think all the coaches in each sport will be re-evaluated...
[/quote]

And step two of the mission begins. ;)

[quote name="HillGuy" post="746841" timestamp="1264005537"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg746829#msg746829 date=1264004737]
[/quote]

You can give kudos for the board voting yes, but they have nothing to do with the selection process.  I'm sure there are some out there a little disappointed that a "buddy", "crony" or "cousin" didn't get even get pursued...now they have nothing to complain about for awhile.  ;D

Good luck Coach Gage and welcome to THE HILL.

[/quote]I would bet they had a great deal of input and in the end it is the Boards decision

Just curious...
How does this affect the assistant coaches who probably coach other sports???
I guess when they hired the new coach it was in the agreement that he could bring with him so many other coaches??

I guess it is different for every school depending on the situation....

Just from my experience of going to contests between Barbers Hill and Dayton (from Junior High and up).
The coaching staff at Barbers Hill is a model of excellence.
They have great kids with great attitudes who will always give 110%
It is ashame that some of the assistants might lose their jobs...

If any one does know the particulars about how many coaches he is allowed to bring with him, I would find it interesting as to if he will end up firing some of the current coaches or having them have a transfer within the district.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="746950" timestamp="1264013117"]
Just curious...
How does this affect the assistant coaches who probably coach other sports???
I guess when they hired the new coach it was in the agreement that he could bring with him so many other coaches??

I guess it is different for every school depending on the situation....

Just from my experience of going to contests between Barbers Hill and Dayton (from Junior High and up).
The coaching staff at Barbers Hill is a model of excellence.
They have great kids with great attitudes who will always give 110%
It is ashame that some of the assistants might lose their jobs...

If any one does know the particulars about how many coaches he is allowed to bring with him, I would find it interesting as to if he will end up firing some of the current coaches or having them have a transfer within the district.
[/quote]

Not sure of any particular number, but you could assume at least a new OC and DC would be on his list. Several of the coaches will opt to move on their own.  I would guess about 4-5 coaches will not be back on staff next year.

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but hopefully the coaches that are released find work quick! I would think there are a lot of local schools that would love to have a BH coach on their staff.

Goodluck to all in your searches

Does anyone know if Coach Price is activily looking for a coaching job or does he plan to take some time off first?

[quote name="Stranger" post="747257" timestamp="1264081922"]
Yes, Coach Price is actively looking for a HC job.  I know of 3 interviews that he has been on recently, may be more that I dont know about. 

[/quote]

Cool, keep us updated.

I hate to see anyone lose their job, but hopefully the coaches that are released find work quick! I would think there are a lot of local schools that would love to have a BH coach on their staff.

Does anyone know if Coach Price is activily looking for a coaching job or does he plan to take some time off first?

Now all of the sudden your wishing the best. Please.

[quote name="fido" post="747377" timestamp="1264089700"]

Now all of the sudden your wishing the best. Please.
[/quote]

Bite me Fido  ;D (Sorry I couldn't resist)Go back and read when the annoucement was made I gave Price my best wishes long ago!

[quote name="fido" post="747559" timestamp="1264106916"]
I will pass on the invitation. It is just hard to see you as sincere after your numerous posts on the situation. Your political correctness should have come in the beginning, not the end. ;)
[/quote]

This is the beginning.  ;)

[quote name="fido" post="747559" timestamp="1264106916"]
I will pass on the invitation. It is just hard to see you as sincere after your numerous posts on the situation. Your political correctness should have come in the beginning, not the end. ;)
[/quote]

Eagle07 is correct ;D ;D

Political correctness ??? Whats that 8)

I speak the truth ;) oh and i was and am sincere, Just because I wanted a better BH doesn't mean I hate the coaches.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="747593" timestamp="1264111090"]
[quote author=fido link=topic=64943.msg747559#msg747559 date=1264106916]
[/quote]

Eagle07 is correct ;D ;D

Political correctness ??? Whats that 8)

I speak the truth ;) oh and i was and am sincere, Just because I wanted a better BH doesn't mean I hate the coaches.
[/quote]

Let's all move on and back the EAGLES and the new coach and staff. Hopefully we will not make him paranoid from the jump. I have always been amazed that some posters do not understand the difference between supporting the program but asking a simple question and totally kissing up to a coach because they know him personally or go to church with him. Hopefully we will all get along and BACK THE BLUE!!!! We have a great coach and great kids so let's move on!!!!!! Go EAGLES ;D

[quote name="Stranger" post="747257" timestamp="1264081922"]
Yes, Coach Price is actively looking for a HC job.  I know of 3 interviews that he has been on recently, may be more that I dont know about.  

[/quote]

Hmmm... I wonder?  If Price goes to a district BH has to compete against and they beat THE HILL will the school board bring him back like they did Skidmore?   :o  LOL

[quote name="Eagletown" post="747835" timestamp="1264169824"]
[quote author=Stranger link=topic=64943.msg747257#msg747257 date=1264081922]
Yes, Coach Price is actively looking for a HC job.  I know of 3 interviews that he has been on recently, may be more that I dont know about. 

[/quote]

Hmmm... I wonder?  If Price goes to a district BH has to compete against and they beat THE HILL will the school board bring him back like they did Skidmore?  LOL
[/quote]

Hopefully the new coach would see that making an adjustment is not a sign of weakness unlike the game you are referring too. People still call that game out because it was a game plan that went after the coach’s mentality more so than the players and as you well know he played right into it. ;D ;D

[quote name="Eagletown" post="747835" timestamp="1264169824"]
[quote author=Stranger link=topic=64943.msg747257#msg747257 date=1264081922]

[/quote]

Hmmm... I wonder?  If Price goes to a district BH has to compete against and they beat THE HILL will the school board bring him back like they did Skidmore?  :o  LOL
[/quote]

There is a possibility that he may coach against BH in the near future.  What are you talking about "the board bringing back Skidmore"?  Coach Skidmore first got out of coaching due to health issues.  When the Dr. told him he could return  a couple years later, he took the Anahuac HC job and did beat BH his only year there.  BH was 7-3 that year and Anahuac was 2-8.  That loss to Anahuac cost BH a playoff birth.  That was McGallions last year at BH and Coach Price took over in June.  Yes, we went through the entire Spring without knowing who the coach would be. 

The school board did not bring Skidmore back to BH, Coach Price did.  Coach Price had to put a staff together in a couple weeks and hired Skidmore as his OC. 

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="748801" timestamp="1264340425"]
Just curious...
I know BH had a school board meeting a couple of weeks ago...
Will they have a special meeting to hire Gage?
When is Gage officially on work?

GOOD LUCK TO COACH GAGE!
[/quote]

According to the article he's already been voted in at the last meeting (last Monday night), not sure when he starts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder