BH Hires Two-time State Champ Coach - Ronnie Gage

HillGuy

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="746332" timestamp="1263935133"]
Have not seen anyone mention the fact former Head Coach of Baytown Lee, censored Olin is now the Lewisville Head Coach.  Small world I guess. 
[/quote]

Wow! Such language. ;)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GCMPats" post="746335" timestamp="1263935999"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=64943.msg746332#msg746332 date=1263935133]
Have not seen anyone mention the fact former Head Coach of Baytown Lee, censored Olin is now the Lewisville Head Coach.  Small world I guess. 
[/quote]

Wow! Such language. ;)
[/quote]

What do you expect he lets his baby smoke for God sakes  ;D

I applied ,but the board thought they should go outside of the area  ;D Oh yes I do want playoff success but with a new coach you can't expect results right off the bat. Give him 2-3 years to work out the kinks then lets worry about playoff success. I do think however that we will see some quick results due to the talent coming up, just like Price did in the early years. You are correct BH doesn't have a superstar and thats my point either does other teams!!! BH always overacheives at every sport and that is due to the Pride, Tradition, Teachers, Parents and Community! The coaches get these kids for a short period of time during there lives, some make them better while some do not. BH will continue to overachieve! I just hope that the folks that think like you (That we are so un talented) get removed from this program! First thing these kids need is to BELIEVE and it has to be hard with comments that they have no athlete's and everyone is better and only Price could coach them. Give the kids a chance with the right elements in place they can compete!!

Oh and one question for ya

"They have beaten some teams with more talent because of hard work by the staff and kids."

What teams have BH beaten that they were the underdog too? The only one I can think of was Galena Park in 08

[/quote]

I am not part of the program, but I was as a player who helped turn around BH into a winner again.  People forget that BH was mediocre at best from 93-98.  i just hope that they do not turn into that again.  BH's best class is the sophomores right now.  Luckily quite a few of them got significant playing time this year.  They should be better because of all the underclassmen being put on the field Friday nights.  If you honestly think that BH can compete with the big dogs of 4A, you are dillusional. 

I've supported Don Price through the years and did not want to see him go...but that was yesterday...today we have a new coach and from what I've heard will do an excellent job, so cudos to the board. I'm not sure he will be able to run the wishbone here, but if he is as good as he is supposed to be I'm sure he'll make the proper adjustments. Don is gone...he's not coming back...so lets put it behind us and give our new coach 100% of our support!!! I'm perdicting a district championship next year...Go Eagles!!!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="746301" timestamp="1263931653"]
[quote author=Stranger link=topic=64943.msg746287#msg746287 date=1263930462]
I dont see why BH did not hire BHFAN, he is such the expert at football.  What will be the determining factor in your opinion?  You have been screaming for playoff success then contradict yourself with that last statement.  You talk about Dayton and Crosby having no superstars, well neither does BH.  But if you ask any coach in the area, they will tell you that Dayton and Crosby have better athletes.  BH has overachieved in the past 10 years.  They have beaten some teams with more talent because of hard work by the staff and kids. 
[/quote]

Just let it go man........it's a new age at BH.  Now if BHFAN does get hired, I want to be the mascot....please....LOL

I predict a district championship in 2010, with or without your so called "superstars".   
[/quote]

Easy now...    Great hire, but I don't think I would predict a district championship, atleast untill they release the new alignment.  Prolly a playoff team in their first year with coach Gage, but district champs is prolly a stretch.  I do wish BH good luck, but region 3 seems to be getting better every year.  His success will also depend on how much the players are willing to buy into the new scheme, because from what I hear, it's quite different from the offense they run now.  Who knows, maybe we'll see the Hill playing around Thanksgiving.  One thing's for sure, it will definatly be interesting/fun to see how everything goes this year.  The countdown begins Feb. 1.

[quote name="Stranger" post="746287" timestamp="1263930462"]
BH has overachieved in the past 10 years.  They have beaten some teams with more talent because of hard work by the staff and kids. 
[/quote]

Coach -- your bitterness is a cancer.  That's why a change had to be made.

You really should be actively looking for another job and NOT posting on a football website all day.

This is obviously a new and brighter day for the blue and white.

[quote name="bh34" post="746366" timestamp="1263940003"]
I've supported Don Price through the years and did not want to see him go...but that was yesterday...today we have a new coach and from what I've heard will do an excellent job, so cudos to the board. I'm not sure he will be able to run the wishbone here, but if he is as good as he is supposed to be I'm sure he'll make the proper adjustments. Don is gone...he's not coming back...so lets put it behind us and give our new coach 100% of our support!!! I'm perdicting a district championship next year...Go Eagles!!!
[/quote]
Great post BH34. I agree it's time to move on and look forward now that the new staff is being put into place. Let's get behind our Eagles and the new staff.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="746250" timestamp="1263927091"]
Man where did all of the drama queens go that were talking about all of the hard times BH would have getting a new coach ??? Is reality starting to set in  ;D With this mans resum'e could they be thinking "ut oh this coach may be better for BH" "how can i dis credit the board now" :-*  Don't worry though you still have 7 months or so before fiction becomes fact.
[/quote]

I'm sure you'll be the first one, if not your other buddies will be on here to ridicule the new coach when you don't like the way things are going. But I forget you guys love to stir the pot on ya'lls free time at work ;D ;D.

To Coach Gage - welcome to "The Hill" it's a special place. Good luck!!!

Don't worry about all of your critics (BHFan including others), they will always know more football than you no matter what. They have all won super bowls in little league football, national championships in little dribblers and state in baseball. And that's before they get to the 7th grade.

[quote name="Chowdercrowd" post="746387" timestamp="1263942048"]
BH has overachieved in the past 10 years.  They have beaten some teams with more talent because of hard work by the staff and kids. 
[/quote]

You really should be actively looking for another job and NOT posting on a football website all day.

[/quote]

You are mistaken my friend, I am not a coach at BH.  Dont know where you get your information fromm but check again.  I have a great job that allows me to be on the this site from time to time.  I do have ties to BH though, I was part of the 1999 team that went 3 deep. 

[quote name="Bobcat" post="746421" timestamp="1263949327"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg746250#msg746250 date=1263927091]
Man where did all of the drama queens go that were talking about all of the hard times BH would have getting a new coach ??? Is reality starting to set in  ;D With this mans resum'e could they be thinking "ut oh this coach may be better for BH" "how can i dis credit the board now" :-*  Don't worry though you still have 7 months or so before fiction becomes fact.
[/quote]

I'm sure you'll be the first one, if not your other buddies will be on here to ridicule the new coach when you don't like the way things are going. But I forget you guys love to stir the pot on ya'lls free time at work ;D ;D.

Don't worry about all of your critics (BHFan including others), they will always know more football than you no matter what. They have all won super bowls in little league football, national championships in little dribblers and state in baseball. And that's before they get to the 7th grade.
[/quote]

Now Bobcat I'll give him a two year pass before I critic ;D  This coach has nothing to prove! I think he has already proved that he is a champion! If this coach cannot improve BH football I will be shocked :o

One thing you can count on from me however is that I will not be trying to plant my head up the new coaches butt like some are probally already jocking for position to do. ;D  How do you think you will do?

Now we can debate about how great Price was or all get on the bus and back the new Coach. I'm here to back our new coach if you want to debate PM me and we can talk all summer ;D

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="746514" timestamp="1263957149"]
Price's record was so good because during the majority of his career at BH we played some pretty lame teams in our 3-A District.  We would have had wins no matter who our coach was. 
[/quote]

Trueblue, have you lost your mind? We beat some pretty good 4a teams in preseason through those years...I wonder why we couldn't win (consistently) in that same sorry district with the coaches that were here before Price?

Everytime I try to move forward...you guys keep pulling me back!

Okay...now I'm done talking about Price!!

Welcome Coach Gage!!!!! Welcome Coach Gage!!!!!  Welcome Coach Gage!!!!!

[quote name="Stranger" post="746491" timestamp="1263955646"]
[quote author=Chowdercrowd link=topic=64943.msg746387#msg746387 date=1263942048]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are mistaken my friend, I am not a coach at BH.  Dont know where you get your information fromm but check again.  I have a great job that allows me to be on the this site from time to time.  I do have ties to BH though, I was part of the 1999 team that went 3 deep. 
[/quote]

Hang in there Stranger. Anyone who was on that 1999 team is alright with me. I enjoyed the road trips. You are right about your team. I love you guys but there was some over achievment going on. That is what has a been some of the beauty of BH football. The most successful BH teams going way back have been over achievers because they care and play hard. Looks like we have a great motovater in here who will carry on and improve a proud tradition.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="746411" timestamp="1263947491"]
Too bad he won't be able to notch a win against Dayton before he retires.[/quote]

Smash-mouth returns to the Hill!  

Your Bronco coaches won't know how to defend the Bone we're gonna throw at you.

Get ready Tyrone. Wipe the blood outta your eyes so you can see whats comin!  Yeeehah!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="746594" timestamp="1263962029"]
[quote author=Bobcat link=topic=64943.msg746421#msg746421 date=1263949327]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Now Bobcat I'll give him a two year pass before I critic ;D  This coach has nothing to prove! I think he has already proved that he is a champion! If this coach cannot improve BH football I will be shocked :o

One thing you can count on from me however is that I will not be trying to plant my head up the new coaches butt like some are probally already jocking for position to do. ;D  How do you think you will do?

Now we can debate about how great Price was or all get on the bus and back the new Coach. I'm here to back our new coach if you want to debate PM me and we can talk all summer ;D
[/quote]

How can I debate with someone that knows everything/expert.  ;D ;D. You sit there and contradict what you type. Coach Skidmore was a state champion as well and you guys were on him like stink on u know what. Coach Gage does have to prove himself here or you guys will be running him out of town too.

I'm past what they did to Coach Price, I was just disappointed how the situation was handled.

Lets move on and support the kids, coaches and BH. I know I will. I will be loyal to any coach that runs a good, clean and competitive program.  

[quote name="Chowdercrowd" post="746734" timestamp="1263997213"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=64943.msg746411#msg746411 date=1263947491]
Too bad he won't be able to notch a win against Dayton before he retires.[/quote]

Get ready Tyrone. Wipe the blood outta your eyes so you can see whats comin!  Yeeehah!
[/quote]
If the Hill does go to the bone that is good news for Dayton.
Ask any other running based team that Dayton has played in the last three years how much success they have had.
Looks like the Hill hired a great coach, next task...
To win the district championship in football...
They need to get Crosby and Dayton both moved out.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="746778" timestamp="1263999539"]
[quote author=Chowdercrowd link=topic=64943.msg746734#msg746734 date=1263997213]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=64943.msg746411#msg746411 date=1263947491]

[/quote]
If the Hill does go to the bone that is good news for Dayton.
Ask any other running based team that Dayton has played in the last three years how much success they have had.
Looks like the Hill hired a great coach, next task...
To win the district championship in football...
They need to get Crosby and Dayton both moved out.
[/quote]

Oh, don't forget about the Goose!

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="746704" timestamp="1263989820"]
I haven't lost my mind bh34.  I said MOST of his wins came in 3A playing some weak teams.  Pulll the record book and look at the number of wins we had during those years. 

YES, we did have some great wins, ten of which came the first year we were in 4A (2006) and had a tremendously talented team of seniors......Don Price had nothing to do with the fact that we had the Pattons, Fisher, Vara, Swart, Cox, etc.  That was probably the best senior group of talent we had seen in a long time.

What I couldn't stand about Price was his sour attitude.......talk about someone needing an extreme personality makeover!

Kudos to Poole for getting exactly what we need at BH to turn things around.
[/quote]

I said I'm done defending or talking about Price...Thought he was a great coach...but it isn't getting us anywhere...we are in a new era...so I'm done.

Can't wait until August!!

[quote name="Chowdercrowd" post="746734" timestamp="1263997213"]

[/quote]

;D ;D ;DCoach Stewart brought the Bone to dayton when he came in '96 (or maybe a couple years later).... Our coaches know a thing or two about the Wishbone. You guys better mix it up! I'm sure you will.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="746796" timestamp="1264001697"]
Now it will be interesting to see if any of the existing assistant coaches are retained for next year...IMO, I think all the coaches in each sport will be re-evaluated...
[/quote]

I would be suprised if Coach Gage came in and "cleaned house" in the other programs. I would imagine that the football staff will have some changes and therfore assistants in other sports may change. That is how things go in Texas, football is King. The other head coaches just get to use the assistants they are provided by the football program for the most part.

[quote name="Bobcat" post="746745" timestamp="1263997729"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=64943.msg746594#msg746594 date=1263962029]
[quote author=Bobcat link=topic=64943.msg746421#msg746421 date=1263949327]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can I debate with someone that knows everything/expert.  ;D ;D. You sit there and contradict what you type. Coach Skidmore was a state champion as well and you guys were on him like stink on u know what. Coach Gage does have to prove himself here or you guys will be running him out of town too.

I'm past what they did to Coach Price, I was just disappointed how the situation was handled.

Lets move on and support the kids, coaches and BH. I know I will. I will be loyal to any coach that runs a good, clean and competitive program.  
[/quote]

Skidmore won a 2A State Championship, Gage has two 5A state rings and College coaching expierance BIG DIFFERANCE or do you consider that the same! Your right I can't debat you ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder