*PN-G vs. Brenham Playoff Updates..Brenham Advances!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

[quote name="fwstangs" post="714092" timestamp="1258784269"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg713932#msg713932 date=1258778441]
png mad cuz they lost now throwing punches
[/quote]

I just got back from the game. PNG did not throw any punches. After a long game of terrible calls, one of the PNG kids lost his cool when the Brenham kids were showboating and he ran his mouth twice and got two flags. No punches so lets not start that urban legend.

As some folks projected, Brenham was better than folks thought and PNG was not quite as good as many people thought. But give PNG credit, they fought back. Lost two starting corners in one game, in the first half, and played a strong 2nd half. They did not quit. Great game and great season for PNG.
[/quote]
I saw punches clearly

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game went pretty much how I thought it would. PNG played their hearts out. but in  the end Brenham had just a little more athletic ability....Hands down worst refs I have every seen seriously not even sure if they knew all of the rules of the game.Not why we lost but just saying they sucked.I was born and raised in Big Ned. Moved to PNG about 10 years ago and have to say I am proud to support PNG.

Thank you all for your kind words!  It was truly a great ride!  Them boys never gave up and given a little more time on the clock, they could have pulled it out, but Brenham was the better team tonight!  We may very well have just lost to the Div II 4A State Champs, good luck to you guys, I'll be rooting for you all the way!

Oh, and to our 2010 Indians...I'll be resting my voice, keeping the popcorn warm, and the gas tank full for next year!!

[quote name="SD2009" post="714105" timestamp="1258785682"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=62736.msg714092#msg714092 date=1258784269]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg713932#msg713932 date=1258778441]
png mad cuz they lost now throwing punches
[/quote]

I just got back from the game. PNG did not throw any punches. After a long game of terrible calls, one of the PNG kids lost his cool when the Brenham kids were showboating and he ran his mouth twice and got two flags. No punches so lets not start that urban legend.

As some folks projected, Brenham was better than folks thought and PNG was not quite as good as many people thought. But give PNG credit, they fought back. Lost two starting corners in one game, in the first half, and played a strong 2nd half. They did not quit. Great game and great season for PNG.
[/quote]
I saw punches clearly

[/quote]

::) ::) ::)
No punches, just a kid that got tired of tthe Brenham showboating and said something he shouldn't have..
Brenhams coach could have shown some class and taken a knee with 1:20 left and only 1 PNG timeout left and the game would have been over, but he chose to try and score and it almost bit him in the you know what.

Guest gladiator2
As I stated before the game, we were going to have to play a flawless game and be agressive and we did not do that in the first half. We lost our best cover corner  on the first play of the game and then lost our other corner not too long after that. We had to move one of our safety's up to corner and after that Brenham was getting behind the defense. The QB made some very nice throws. We looked very confused in the first half, we had guys getting hit with the ball in the face mask not even realizing the ball was coming and another time one guy tried to tackle the DB when the ball was thrown to him. I don't know if they were intimidated at first or just not ready to play. It seems like when something good would happen, here comes a flag. The first half is th same way that we have been starting lately and a good team made us pay. The second half our coaches made some adjustments and we started looking like ourselves. If we would have started the game like this who knows what would have happened. I really don't care what people from outside this area really thinks but it was a very exciting season and we overachieved and had a really good season. I really don't believe anyone really believed that we had a team that could go to State. Congrat's to Brenham and good luck the rest of the way. I would not say that they had the best defensethat we played but definately had the best offense that we have seen. We had a very good season and it was good to see how these coaches have really changed the attitude around the Reservation. The next 2 season's will be very successful because we will be very talented, that's when you will hear me making big predictions against the bigger school's.

Great season...Loved the fight our guys showed against a great team. Brenham played a flawless first half. That O Line was HUGE!!!
As I stated before the game we had to score when we get inside the 30 and once again we struggled with that. Brenham did a great job in the first half of converting on 3rd and long.

Good Luck to the Cubs. I think they could be in the title game this year. They have a lot of weapons. We shutdown #81, but #9 had a good game and the QB made plays when he needed to.

2010 season can't get here soon enough! ;D

Guest gladiator2
Friendswood Fan you are a class act. Personally I believe that you are a kid because grown men don't get on message board's and talk the kind of stuff that comes out of your mouth. When it's all said and done we will have the final laugh at your team. You have come onto a message and ran your mouth and we will all laugh when FW gets beat and it will happen very soon. We want be laughing because the kid's lost but because you appear to think that you and your team is all that and some.  What made you even get into the PNG threads makes no sense to me.  

Congratulations to the Indians on a great season. Your team showed a lot of heart in coming back in the second half and making it a game. On the "class" remark about our coach, Glen West is one of the best men you will ever meet. In the heat of a big game, his decision making may make you scratch your head at times. But believe me, it definitely is not a lack of class. Love the passion your town brings to the games, good luck next year.

Well I was really looking forward to a PNG-Angleton matchup this week, but what happened tonight confirmed my belief that I had earlier this week that Brenham would pull out the upset. I have only seen a couple of PNG games this season and was not overly impressed by either. Obviously to go 10-0 in the regular season, then you must be doing something right, but I had a lot of doubts about a deep playoff run.. Nothing to hang their heads about, they accomplished a lot of things this year and can build on that next year..

Congrats PNG on a great season and very nice to see an example of a coach to be proud, eapecially one form out of area.  Hope we get to play again next year and hopefully we have a new coach from elsewhere too with as much luck his first.  Great job.  No shame in losing to Brenham.

Great run Purple people, yall exceeded EVERYONES expectations. I hate yall didnt get to make it farther, I was about to jump on yalls bandwagon since my team got bounced in round 1 :-[. Well, lets hope Central wins today. I want to watch some more football for a few weeks.

I have to say, that was a really good game. The game was well fought from both sides of the ball. The Brenham faithful should be proud of their squad and should refrain from talking trash. But just like at the game, there's always a few jerks in the bunch. Your O-Line is your MVP by the way. They did a terrific job keeping our boys at bay. I was also glad to see that most of the people on this thread said your boys were trashtalkers and that was just not the case; for the most part.

As for our Indians, GREAT JOB. I'm very proud of what you guys accomplished this year. You were dealt a few injuries tonight and had to deal with one of the WORST officiating crews I have seen in quite some time. I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying it was brutal. We made some really good adjustments in the second half and took control of the game. We just ran out of time. You all proved what a class act our program is; you won with dignity and took your only loss the same way.

Thank you to the Seniors! To the rest of our district and to the others on this thread; fair warning. We are returning 17 starters and filling in the gaps with an undefeated JV team. Proud to say Big Purple is back!

Congrats to the Indians! 

I'm sure Coach Faircloth gained some wisdom here in this game.  I am reminded of the Indians of '74 and another new head coach and the beginning of a  playoff run.  That year the Indians lost a close game to Brazoswood ... eventual 4A state champion.  (4A was the only big school classification).

[quote name="VegasNDN" post="714321" timestamp="1258820521"]
I have to say, that was a really good game. The game was well fought from both sides of the ball. The Brenham faithful should be proud of their squad and should refrain from talking trash. But just like at the game, there's always a few jerks in the bunch. Your O-Line is your MVP by the way. They did a terrific job keeping our boys at bay. I was also glad to see that most of the people on this thread said your boys were trashtalkers and that was just not the case; for the most part.

As for our Indians, GREAT JOB. I'm very proud of what you guys accomplished this year. You were dealt a few injuries tonight and had to deal with one of the WORST officiating crews I have seen in quite some time. I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying it was brutal. We made some really good adjustments in the second half and took control of the game. We just ran out of time. You all proved what a class act our program is; you won with dignity and took your only loss the same way.

Thank you to the Seniors! To the rest of our district and to the others on this thread; fair warning. We are returning 17 starters and filling in the gaps with an undefeated JV team. Proud to say Big Purple is back!

[/quote]
Excuses about the refs already geez. Yall lost get over it and get ready for next year. Brenham had more penalty yards anyways

Btw ... here is my prediction from yesterday afternoon on the other PNG vs Brenham thread:

Re: PNG vs Brenham
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2009, 01:27:15 PM » Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading all 25 pages of this thread I am, as usual, in the dark about a favorite for this game.  My heart is for PNG.  My brain says BHS.

PNG will need to execute flawlessly, be very productive (especially in the passing game), and be very intense.  If they fill these attributes they have a good chance for a victory!

Brenham 27

PN-G 21

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just tootin my own horn  ;D

[quote name="SD2009" post="714338" timestamp="1258821489"]
[quote author=VegasNDN link=topic=62736.msg714321#msg714321 date=1258820521]

[/quote]
Excuses about the refs already geez. Yall lost get over it and get ready for next year. Brenham had more penalty yards anyways

[/quote] Why  was it not as good as you usally get at the reservation?

[quote author=VegasNDN link=topic=62736.msg714321#msg714321 date=1258820521]

[quote]

Or, you lost with two late personal fouls!!!

Thank you Indian Football for a very exciting season of Texas High School Football at its best. I would also like to thank the Cheerleaders, Twirlers, Indianettes, Band Members and Awesome Fans for their support. You guys are really a class act. Good luck to all you seniors and I am looking forward to next year already!!! Oh, Most of all, Thank You Coaches. You have given all us fans something to look forward to!!!!! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12