*PN-G vs. Brenham Playoff Updates..Brenham Advances!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Pirates73" post="715060" timestamp="1258857490"]
Congrats to the players and coaches at PN-G.  Too bad for the purple fans who can't except it.
[/quote]

We have already "accepted" the fact that our season is over. What I can't "accept" is how bad the grammar and spelling is from some of you. You must have played before the No Pass, No Play Rule!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good post Hawkeye, it was nice to get an un-biased perspective on all of this. And thanks for the kind words diamond-j and Scalp'em. It is nice to see that some people recognize a tough, hard fought football game for what it is. And that is exactly what this was. It was a shame someone had to lose this game, both teams have a lot of tradition and a lot of pride, and neither team wanted to see their season end. There has been a lot of talk on this board about the trash-talking and showboating of the Brenham team, and some of it may be warranted. But I am hear to tell you that the trash-talking was coming from both sides, that is just how it is sometimes in a fiercely competitive game that neither team wants to lose. Anybody that has played sports in their life will tell you that. As far as the so-called "dancing"  before the kickoff, this is something that the Brenham team started many years ago, it is not meant to demean any opponent, it is just what they do to get themselves ready to go and show togetherness. The game is supposed to be fun, remember? And please, stop blaming the referees. I have been watching high school playoff games for many, many years. Only on a few occasions have I seen a call actually impact the outcome of a game. And this wasn't one of them. PNG is a very good football team, but they had a bad first half and the Cubs took advantage of it. I want to close by saying I am very sorry to hear about the death of the PNG student and classmate, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and the rest of the Indian community. Maybe we will see each other again in baseball season.

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="715766" timestamp="1258924122"]
I agree, it was a good game!  I think our players went into this game with a lot of bottled up emotion after the death of  a classmate last week, and just let it out at the end of the game.  A lot of them were friends with the boy and some were on the soccer team with him.  Not making excuses for them, just saying it had been a very emotional couple of days heading into that game. 
[/quote]

That put a damper on everything. Several of the football players were at the funeral this afternoon.

It is ashame that so many have to complain about things that happened in this loss you should be proud of your team and its accomplishments in a great  11-1 season. Accept the loss and prepare for next year good luck to both. Hey big Jim how are the twins? Are they thawed out yet?

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="715756" timestamp="1258923509"]
Good game as expected.  I think PNG was in shock after the first half.  One thing that I was dissapointed about was the unsportsmanlike conduct at the end of the game.  That made it seem like they gave up, atleast untill the fumble.  I heard all week how well disciplened they were, so it was surprising.  Mental collapse by Brenham's defense in the second half.  Gonna have to get use to that no-huddle.  Angleton might try it now.  Good season PNG.  Go cubs!!!!   
[/quote]

BrenhamFan,  For some reason, we have had a whole season of unsportsmanlike penalties.  And that is truly not Indian Like.  We are typically more apt to walk away than to hit back.  But they have cost us dearly this yr.    Things will  get better tho, I believe, as the new coaching really takes hold.

Brenham has a great team.  Other than the [i]almost fatal mistake[/i] of not taking a knee when they had the chance, the coaches had a superb game plan.  Good luck next week.  I really hope that yall beat Angleton, so you can shut up those FWood fans.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="715945" timestamp="1258944136"]
Thankfully, now that Hammerhead has "weighed" in on Central's behalf, it is as good as a lock that Friendswood wins!!!   ;D  Thanks Jackie, I was beginning to fear that we wouldn't hear from you!!
[/quote]

Do you have to [i]work[/i] at being obnoxious?... or is it just a gift?  Because you're REAL good at it.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="716001" timestamp="1258949515"]
Oh no Im not going anywere I just got home from a deer hunt and had a great time. By the way Shelbyville has a nice school. Anyway  Down with Friendswood this week. Hey man thanks nice to know someone missed me.
[/quote]

I missed you Hammer big time but did you kill a deer?

[quote name="SD2009" post="714563" timestamp="1258835740"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=62736.msg714489#msg714489 date=1258831698]
[quote author=77 link=topic=62736.msg714371#msg714371 date=1258823834]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=62736.msg714338#msg714338 date=1258821489]
[quote author=VegasNDN link=topic=62736.msg714321#msg714321 date=1258820521]

[/quote]
Excuses about the refs already geez. Yall lost get over it and get ready for next year. Brenham had more penalty yards anyways

[/quote] Why  was it not as good as you usally get at the reservation?
[/quote]

Now this has to be the most ignorant post I've read ALL YEAR.  77, if you new ANYTHING AT ALL about our season, you would know that the refs have been a thorn our side all year.  In fact, we get more favorable calls when we play on the road.  The "home" refs have been anything [i]but[/i] kind to us.

Why not stick to something you KNOW about....like maybe..........Legos or Tinker Toys.

Boy, you can spot a HATER from a mile away.
[/quote]\
i have nothing against png but why do you all complaining about the refs week in and week out. yall went 11 and 1 you should be happy. heck i would! :)
[/quote]

several pass int calls missed, when you tackle a reciever while the ball is in the air its pass int, horrible officials they were walking around lost most of the night the game lasted an hour longer because they had to talk about calls,  but we also shot ourselves in the foot  passes right on the money and dropped or the reciever not ready the 2 minute offense was working well we had em on their heels there but ran outta time,   and 77 is a lcm fan so he has alot to be mad about

[quote name="Thunderlicious" post="715432" timestamp="1258893067"]
say what ya want..Brenham acted like goobers on the field. This isnt dancing with the stars..it's football. The ONLY reason you do the routines and ohhhh ahhhh's and all that jazz is to showboat. I even saw a couple kids injured laying on the field and Brenham queues up their fightsong and cheered. You cant blame the kids for these actions because they are only doing it because they are ALLOWED to. I thought Brenham had a real classy program, however my opinion stands changed.
[/quote]

that could have been because it was their Jr high band, that dancing jazz was weird, and that gathering at the 50 almost cost em the refs were getting aggravated at having to chase them off the field, i was sitting right above the benches and listened to the "D" coach and the running QB had em baffeled in the first half. Boy did yall see BF grab DJs facemask and tear into him after the unsportsman like on the sidelines i bet he was 5 lbs lighter after that his words were like no player on my team will act like that

[quote name="etbu" post="716036" timestamp="1258951865"]
[quote author=Jackthehammer link=topic=62736.msg716001#msg716001 date=1258949515]
Oh no Im not going anywere I just got home from a deer hunt and had a great time. By the way Shelbyville has a nice school. Anyway  Down with Friendswood this week. Hey man thanks nice to know someone missed me.
[/quote]

I missed you Hammer big time but did you kill a deer?
[/quote]
Sorry could not pass on the hunt. I did not although I saw a few. Rained alot up there.

[quote name="ndn78" post="716412" timestamp="1259013075"]
If 77 truely is a LCM fan it explains a lot, while most of them have class and talent the rest could not cut it at WOS, Bridge City, Nederland or PNG so daddy had to find somewhere he could compete!
[/quote]He has a son that competes very well at the college level----he is just tweaking you folks he is a great guy

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="715966" timestamp="1258946292"]
[quote author=FriendswoodFan link=topic=62736.msg715945#msg715945 date=1258944136]
Thankfully, now that Hammerhead has "weighed" in on Central's behalf, it is as good as a lock that Friendswood wins!!!   ;D  Thanks Jackie, I was beginning to fear that we wouldn't hear from you!!
[/quote]

Hey PNG Proud..do ya know him or something? You know ya can get banned on here for calling people things like "obnoxious" or maybe like "idiot' or something...just warning ya.

Hahaha

Incredible.

Do you have to [i]work[/i] at being obnoxious?... or is it just a gift?   Because you're REAL good at it.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin