Barbers Hill Eagles vs. Port Neches Groves Indians...Act 2

BHBadboy

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="705165" timestamp="1258056840"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=61613.msg705021#msg705021 date=1258046048]
alot of bronco fans will be there cheering on the eagles. take it to them barbers hill. "GO BRONCOS"
[/quote]

After tomorrow night the PNG faithful can gather around somewhere in the big teepee and all watch "the last of the Mohicans" and dream about what might have been! ;D

[b][size=18pt][color=blue]    GO EAGLES[/color][/size][/b]
[/quote]

BH won't know how to react with the onslaught of the the Indians and the PNG Faithful!  Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="705553" timestamp="1258081013"]
Dayton, Crosby, and GCM fans....come join Bh and root for us to beat PNG.  Dayton fans, please wear your white away shirts and not purple, you don't want to be mistaken for a gay dancing indian...... ;)
[/quote]

You should probably think twice before you hit the post button. Wow.  :-\

[quote name="babyshoe" post="705558" timestamp="1258081231"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=61613.msg705553#msg705553 date=1258081013]
Dayton, Crosby, and GCM fans....come join Bh and root for us to beat PNG.  Dayton fans, please wear your white away shirts and not purple, you don't want to be mistaken for a gay dancing indian...... ;)
[/quote]

You should probably think twice before you hit the post button. Wow.   :-\
[/quote]
that doesnt bother me cause those INDIANS will be dancing all over those little eagles tomorrow night :D

Just want to say good luck to both teams.  I am looking forward to the game tomorrow night.  Can't wait to see the crowd that PNG will bring to Stallworth.  I feel confident BH will have a great crowd as well.  Should be one of the largest attended games in the area ( maybe state) . 

I want to give a big thumbs up for the gentlemen who saved your faithful fans life last week.  You guys are to be commended.  Hope the recovery is speedy for your fan ( Mr. Davenport I believe ).

Remember that it is still a game and lots is to be learned from this for all the kids involved.

Good Luck  BH and PNG. 

[/quote]

Maybe I shouldn't have held back afterall???   ;D

[/quote]

I apologize to all the Indian followers.......I can guarantee you that all BH fans don't behave in this manner.  We all respect what you have and how you play the game.  I was in attendence at the Astrodome years ago and I know how passionate your fans are. 

Be careful on the drive over. 

[quote name="BarbersHillEagle" post="705603" timestamp="1258083881"]
Dayton, Crosby, and GCM fans....come join Bh and root for us to beat PNG.  Dayton fans, please wear your white away shirts and not purple, ..... ;)
[/quote]

I apologize to all the Indian followers.......I can guarantee you that all BH fans don't behave in this manner.  We all respect what you have and how you play the game.  I was in attendence at the Astrodome years ago and I know how passionate your fans are.  

Be careful on the drive over.  
[/quote]

Likewise, we have a few fans that act the same way.

[quote name="BHBadboy" post="705146" timestamp="1258055127"]
I think you should call the trip back to PNG the trail of tears. I have seen the videos and it is hard to believe that nobody has beat them yet. We will win 21-7.
[/quote]

OMG!  YOU must not have been in attendance for the first game of the season...

MCM Rules!

Dayton, Crosby, and GCM fans....come join Bh and root for us to beat PNG.  Dayton fans, please wear your white away shirts and not purple, ..... ;)
[/quote]

MODERATOR,  I believe someone deserves a warning for their post.  I don't care if it was in jest or not.  This post could be construed as just attacking the Indian fans as a whole, but it could easily be construed as attacking our mascot (which would be the exact same as a personal attack on a player or coach).  There is no need to interject terms like this (even if you put a winking smiley face afterwards)

[quote name="NDNTime" post="705609" timestamp="1258084248"]
[/quote]

MODERATOR,  I believe someone deserves a warning for their post.  I don't care if it was in jest or not.  This post could be construed as just attacking the Indian fans as a whole, but it could easily be construed as attacking our mascot (which would be the exact same as a personal attack on a player or coach).  There is no need to interject terms like this (even if you put a winking smiley face afterwards)
[/quote]

Can someone pass NDNTime a tissue :'(

Geez guys if you haven't fugured out in 55 pages of BS that most of us are just pulling strings and stirring the Pot then you need a new past time. We have BH fans coming on and apoligizing and everyone hugging this is just funny ;D

BH by 100 then we start the second half :D Translastion for the sensitive fans ; I hope that we win, but I'm posting a prediction of 100 to hook and Indian into 30 more post ::)

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="705656" timestamp="1258087409"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=61613.msg703059#msg703059 date=1257820023]
[quote author=modmouse78 link=topic=61613.msg702952#msg702952 date=1257814230]
I heard from a former hf player today who said they use to say, "There is no better thrill, then to beat up on the Hill."
[/quote]

[color=red][b]I wouldn't listen to anything said by a HF player.  Your team went 0'fer this season.[/b] [/color]  

As for BH and PNG, both of the programs have great tradition,  WINNING TRADITION.  Both teams fans are passionate about their teams and they both believe in their teams.   Just on that fact alone, I expect it to be an exciting game.  Sure you have to favor PNG because they come in undefeated and seem to be doing everything right.  On BH 's side, they have battled through injuries from what I have read and battled to get in the playoffs.  To me that proves they will be ready to play.  Heck, both teams will be ready to play.
Good Luck to both teams.......

[/quote]

Don't take your fear of PNG out on HF! Get out those b-ball sneakers, Garbage Hill!

[size=18pt][color=purple]KILL THE HILL, INDIANS!![/color][/size]
[/quote]

MODERATOR: This guy needs a timeout because he called our school Garbarge and is threatening to Kill everyone in our town ;D

Article from the Baytown Sun

Eagles look for winning point in rematch
By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published November 13, 2009
MONT BELVIEU – Studying videotapes of recent games by Barbers Hill’s bidistrict opponent, Eagles center Chris Fechner says the Port Neches-Groves Indians look pretty familiar.

They should. The Eagles opened the 2009 season playing at PN-G.

But a funny thing happens when Fechner goes back and reviews tapes of that 21-20 win by the Indians in late August.

The team he struggles to recognize is his own.

“I was really shocked at how sloppy we were,” he said, “compared to now, how consistent and good we are.”

The two teams will meet again in Class 4A Division II bidistrict game at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Baytown’s Stallworth Stadium.

PN-G, which put together its first 10-0 regular season since 1977, is ranked No. 5 in the final Class 4A state poll and is a heavy favorite over Barbers Hill, which is 5-5.

Still, a single point separated the two back in August.

Barbers Hill committed seven first-half turnovers in that game to trail 14-0 at intermission. Among them were a fumble returned for a PN-G touchdown and an interception deep in Indian territory that followed an Eagle touchdown wiped out by penalty.

It was Matthew Viverette’s first game at quarterback for BH and the senior threw four interceptions and lost one fumble. The Eagles had a strong comeback and a chance to tie it up at 21-all midway through the fourth quarter, but missed an extra point.

“It was very frustrating,” recalls Fechner, a two-year starter for the Eagles and one of only two offensive linemen to start all 10 games for BH this season.

“I was very upset. But at the same time, I knew it was Matthew’s first game (at quarterback) and he was only going to get better from there.

“He’s my quarterback and I’ll back him 100 percent.”

Viverette led District 19-4A in passing with 1,893 yards and 15 touchdowns and led the Eagles to a No. 2 finish in total offense with an average of 374.5 yards per game. He also finished No. 4 in the district in rushing, with 945 yards and 11 touchdowns.

The Eagles lost six starters to injury along the way and didn’t qualify for the playoffs until a win in the final week of district play landed them in fourth place in 19-4A.

The Indians wrapped up the District 20-4A title in the final district game, a 25-22 double overtime win over Beaumont Central.

Yet Fechner likes the Eagles’ chances.

“They’ve gotten a little bit better, but we’ve gotten a lot better,” the center said. “This is Round 2. I think we gave them that game with turnovers. Now I think it’ll be a totally different outcome.”

PN-G finished the season ranked No. 2 in 20-4A in total offense, averaging 344.5 yards per game. Running back Caleb Harmon finished the regular season with 1,597 yards on the ground, the third-best single rushing season in the history of a program with a long and proud football tradition.

Only Gordon LeBouef (2,150 yards in 1955, 1,659 yards in 1954) has done better. Harmon exceeded the 1,550 yards by Jeff “The Jet” Bergeron in 1971.

PN-G has appeared in six state championship games, winning three (1953, 1955 and 1975), and finishing runnerup in 1954, 1977 and 1999. Of course, Barbers Hill won state championships in 1971 and 1976, its only title game appearances.

“We do have the same winning traditions,” Fechner said. “Football is the main sport in our towns, the fans do follow us.”

PN-G officials says they expect between 8,000 and 10,000 fans to overflow the Indian side of the 16,000-seat Stallworth Stadium.

“I don’t know if we’d be 10-0 if we’d have won that first game,” Fechner said. “I think the season played out the way it did for a reason.

“I know if we’d have beaten them we’d have more respect from PN-G than we do now going into this game. I don’t think they respect Barbers Hill at all. We want to change that.”

Game notes: PN-G has a first-year coach in Brandon Faircloth, who was offensive coordinator and quarterback coach for Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford at Highland Park. He comes to The Reservation after three years as offensive coordinator at Odessa Permian, where the starting QB there broke school passing records each year. Indian QB Brennan Doty passed for 1,536 yards and 13 touchdowns, with only eight interceptions ... The Indian defense ranked No. 1 in 20-4A, allowing only 242 yards per game, and PN-G outscored its opponents 245-95. Barbers Hill outscored opponents 270-205 ... A big reason for the Indians’ success was finishing plus-19 in turnover margin with an offense that coughed it up just 14 times. Barbers Hill was minus-7 in turnover margin and the Eagle offense had 29 giveaways, 18 on interceptions ... A big turnover-getter for PN-G was Dre Dunlap, who had three interceptions and a fumble return for a touchdown against BH. He was the one who returned a blocked extra point 98 yards with 43 seconds remaining to force OT last week against Central ... Eagle wide receiver Caleb Stork is expected to return to the lineup this week after missing most of the season with a broken collarbone.

[color=purple][b][size=12pt]*waves* BH there will be alot of people from Dayton at the game tonight to show support for BH and 19-4A and we will be wearing our purple shirts.everybody have a safe trip and God Bless. [/size][/b][/color]

[quote name="octfeb" post="705791" timestamp="1258121550"]
[color=purple][b][size=12pt]*waves* BH there will be alot of people from Dayton at the game tonight to show support for BH and 19-4A and we will be wearing our purple shirts.everybody have a safe trip and God Bless. [/size][/b][/color]
[/quote]good luck tonight hill. we dayton fans will be cheering you on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33