Barbers Hill Eagles vs. Port Neches Groves Indians...Act 2

BHBadboy

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lamar1996" post="703515" timestamp="1257877230"]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=61613.msg703371#msg703371 date=1257865959]
Diamond-J is right on. Turnovers are the key to winning this game. A few take-aways would help Barbers Hill and the odds of them having (7) turnovers again ain't gonna happen this time around. I hope all the PNG players are as over confident as the guys on this forum, that will work to the advantage of Barbers Hill. Remember PNG had to come from behind in the last minutes of the game to tie up the game on blocked kick to beat a 7-3 Central team that lost to a 4-6 Livingston team, so these guys are giant killers, they can be beat. While PNG had a great year at 10-0, and has every right to be proud of this year, if they get over confident and cocky, they'll have plenty of time to watch Saturday morning cartoons the next day...Ya'll just keep believing these guys are you basic 5-5 team. BH is waiting, Come on down....
[/quote]
People seem to forget we turned the ball over 5 times ourselves during the first game.  BH QB is a very good athlete, he will not be able to scramble like he did in week 0.  [b]Our defense is one of the best in the state [/b] and BH will see the progress made from the first game in only three days. 
[/quote]

Your defensive numbers are only realitive to your competition, so to say that PNG has one of the best D's in the state is a FALSE statement. I'm sure they are good, but not worthy of the states defenses IMHO

[quote name="BHFAN" post="703468" timestamp="1257873347"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=61613.msg703373#msg703373 date=1257866118]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg703312#msg703312 date=1257860990]
Baytown Sun Article

Eagle-Indian rematch tops bidistrict slate
By Dave Rogers
The Baytown Sun
Published November 10, 2009
After nearly 30 years of coaching, Don Price has found something new for this week’s bidistrict game against Port Neches-Groves.

The Barbers Hill football boss said it’s the first time he’s ever coached a playoff game that’s a rematch of an earlier meeting from the same season.

Barbers Hill and PN-G, the No. 5-ranked Class 4A team in the state, will play one of five UIL bidistrict playoff games involving area teams Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Stallworth Stadium in Baytown.

• Baytown Lee will play Pasadena Memorial Friday at 7 p.m. at Galena Park ISD Stadium.

• Goose Creek Memorial lost a flip, so its playoff game against Beaumont Central will be on the Jaguars’ homefield at Zaharias Stadium in Beaumont Friday at 7:30 p.m.

• Crosby will take on Nederland Saturday at 2 p.m. at Conroe’s Woodforest Stadium.

• Dayton will play Vidor Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Sam Houston State’s Bowers Stadium in Huntsville.

Additionally, playoff qualifiers Anahuac and Buna will meet in Anahuac Thursday to play the final District 23-2A game at 6:30 p.m.

The game, which has no bearing on playoff seeding, was postponed, because 23-2A has a first-round playoff bye and the two teams did not want a week’s layoff immediately before the playoffs.

PN-G, playing its first game under new coach Brandon Faircloth, won its season opener against Barbers Hill 21-20 on Aug. 28.

Of course, Price’s Eagles coughed up seven turnovers in their first game with Matthew Viverette at quarterback and a late extra-point miss is all that stopped a fierce fourth-quarter rally short of forcing overtime.

Since then, PN-G went on to finish the regular season 10-0, including an incredible 25-22 overtime win over Beaumont Central in last week’s District 20-4A championship game.

The Indians blocked an extra point in the game’s waning moments and ran it back to tie game 22-22 and force overtime. The won in double overtime with a field goal.

“Hopefully, this will be a good game,” Price said, his team 5-5 for the season and a fourth-place finisher in District 19-4A. “We’re going to have to play well, but we’re looking forward to the game.”

This is Price’s ninth playoff team in the past 11 seasons at BH.

Both teams have improved markedly since the season opener, but the Eagles were hit hard throughout the year by injuries.

“If we’d have won the first game, would we be 10-0 right now?” Price said, repeating an interviewer’s question. “You never know. We’ve been snakebit a couple of times with turnovers in important games.

“But the kids aren’t trying to turn it over. We try to be mistake-free.”

Price is hopeful the Eagles might get back some injured players for this game. He expects senior receiver Caleb Stork to return after breaking his collarbone early in the season. Running back Andrew McMillan has been practicing after being out with an injured ankle.

“We have not had the same starting 22 in any ballgame,” he said. “It’s been kind of an unusual kind of year.”
[/quote]

Is this the same Dave Rogers who wrote for the Port-Arthur newspaper?   If it is then I wouldn't trust what he writes in regards to the comments made by the individuals he is interviewing.  He always mis-quoted people here in the Golden Triangle.

After reading this thru I don't sense anything wrong with the comments.  What do you want said?   I hope it is going to be a good game, I also hope it is a well played game.  

Seems your coach is a classy guy.   Seems to have respect of people at PNG.   Allowing them to wear their home jersey's and be the home team.   From what I hear it was part of the deal to get the game at Stallworth in Baytown.  After googling the info, looks like the stadium is less than 12 miles from your HS.  Might as well be a home game for BH.

If BH had turf you could have flipped home and home.  Why doesn't BH have turf?  Of all the schools in this area, one would think BH would have been the 1st to get it.

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

It's not just this article but most. I think he spends too much time being politically correct than backing his team. I wouldn't want to go into a game that my coach thinks that we might win! Weather it is a lost hope to win the game you shouldn't project that to your fans or players. Him saying "Hopefully this will be a good game" lacks confidence to me, but that is only one perspective and maybe I read to far into things ;D I'm sure the reporter can miss qoute, but he also interviews all of the coaches and I don't see that coming from everywhere.

Price is a good guy and his integrity or class has never been in question with me. I've never been a fan of politics I would assume have a Barbay, Hooks or Stewart who tells it like it is ;D

And Why BH don't have turf , is according to what i've heard can't get approval from the schooll. Price has requested it several times that i have been told, but it got shot down. One big reason was the damage the BH due to Hurricans sucked up alot of money. I think it's just a matter of time once the budget allows it.
[/quote]

BHFAN, I disagree with you about what Price said. I love it when the coach plays down the game. I know Coach Sharp, when asked what he thought about that weeks game from one of the Baytown Sun reporters, he'd say something like; Well,(what ever team) is a lot better than we are, they're bigger and faster and we'll be lucky to get out of this game alive. Now what he was telling his players behind closed doors was much different and his kids were ready to play.  Price just doesn't do good interviews, but I like it when he doesn't over sell the game.  I guess I'm just old school...maybe its because I'm a hundred and fifty.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="703594" timestamp="1257882591"]
[quote author=Lamar1996 link=topic=61613.msg703515#msg703515 date=1257877230]
[quote author=FOOTBALLFEVER99 link=topic=61613.msg703371#msg703371 date=1257865959]
Diamond-J is right on. Turnovers are the key to winning this game. A few take-aways would help Barbers Hill and the odds of them having (7) turnovers again ain't gonna happen this time around. I hope all the PNG players are as over confident as the guys on this forum, that will work to the advantage of Barbers Hill. Remember PNG had to come from behind in the last minutes of the game to tie up the game on blocked kick to beat a 7-3 Central team that lost to a 4-6 Livingston team, so these guys are giant killers, they can be beat. While PNG had a great year at 10-0, and has every right to be proud of this year, if they get over confident and cocky, they'll have plenty of time to watch Saturday morning cartoons the next day...Ya'll just keep believing these guys are you basic 5-5 team. BH is waiting, Come on down....
[/quote]
People seem to forget we turned the ball over 5 times ourselves during the first game.  BH QB is a very good athlete, he will not be able to scramble like he did in week 0.  [b]Our defense is one of the best in the state [/b] and BH will see the progress made from the first game in only three days. 
[/quote]

Your defensive numbers are only realitive to your competition, so to say that PNG has one of the best D's in the state is a FALSE statement. I'm sure they are good, but not worthy of the states defenses IMHO

[/quote]  PNG fans do get a little carried away with the superlatives.  That said, Does BH really have any quality wins this year?  Who is the best team BH has beaten?

[quote name="westend1" post="703625" timestamp="1257886576"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61613.msg703594#msg703594 date=1257882591]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]  PNG fans do get a little carried away with the superlatives.  That said, Does BH really have any quality wins this year?   Who is the best team BH has beaten?
[/quote]

a 1-point loss to PNG.  ;)

[quote name="westend1" post="703625" timestamp="1257886576"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]  PNG fans do get a little carried away with the superlatives.  That said, Does BH really have any quality wins this year?   [b]Who is the best team BH has beaten?[/b]
[/quote]

Kingwood Park...... need I say more?

[quote name="KHS 89" post="703747" timestamp="1257897387"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=61613.msg703625#msg703625 date=1257886576]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]  PNG fans do get a little carried away with the superlatives.  That said, Does BH really have any quality wins this year?   [b]Who is the best team BH has beaten?[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Your from koontz you have no room to talk yall are horrible you'd be lucky for anyone to even think yall might make it to playoffs

[quote name="Bhplayer011" post="703760" timestamp="1257898875"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=61613.msg703747#msg703747 date=1257897387]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Your from koontz you have no room to talk yall are horrible you'd be lucky for anyone to even think yall might make it to playoffs
[/quote]

Where in the world is "koontz"? Is it near mount bellview?

[quote name="Eagle-Fan  2012" post="703863" timestamp="1257907792"]
[quote author=What_why link=topic=61613.msg702677#msg702677 date=1257797365]
what good is a loaded shotgun when you cant hit the target? ???
[/quote]
Just remember it;s illegal to harm an Eagle :o
[/quote]

The bad thing is that this little provision will give you more cover than your defense come Friday. ;D

Guest VBC1522
[quote name="Bhplayer011" post="703871" timestamp="1257908350"]
[b][color=purple][size=18pt][font=Courier]PN-G = Overrated[/font][/size][/color][/b]
[/quote]

10-0 in a very tough district...and they did not play the easiest non-district schedule. #5 team in the state...I don't know about that...but they are better than BH. But you never know what's going to happen Friday...that's why they play the game.

Guest 24baseball24
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="703626" timestamp="1257886730"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]  PNG fans do get a little carried away with the superlatives.  That said, Does BH really have any quality wins this year?   Who is the best team BH has beaten?
[/quote]

a 1-point loss to PNG.  ;)
[/quote]
That is true but during that loss they had 7 turnovers and one touchdown taken back for running to fast or something like that. the referees were definitely on there side the whole game. nonetheless the eagles still only lost by one point because they didnt have there kicker picked out yet. i know both teams have improved but we will just see how this game goes

well i have read this BS and now i will give my prediction, turnovers are the key as with all games played, i see a long painful 48 minutes in store for Barbers Hill, just as in game one. Well little eagles from a weak district in my opinion I'm glad to see you have some optimism left after going 5-5, which is something to be real proud of might i add. Realistically, yes we may be overrated at #5, but come Fridaynight at about 10:15 and your hearing 5-4-3-2-1-roar you will be taking a 15 ride back to hill ville crying and whining about bad calls horrible refs yada yada yada. PNG is primed and ready to go, after playing a Central team that was firing on all cylinders last Friday except in the kicking department is ready to kick some BH tail. Nice to see the other haters SFA87 and SFA85 whom i hear are even more hated at work than on this message board are still hating Lil. somethings will never change , PA Titan and BigD how are you fine gentlemen doing these days good i hope congrats on PA making playoffs hope yall represent well and go deep. As for Brenham looking forward to giving them a 2 and out also. All i can say is get ready for a heavy dose of Harmon  and good luck scoring on our defense, you wont be rewarded with many points for all of your hard work unless faircloth puts in the scrubs late in the 3rd quarter and give up some meaningless points as he did against Ozen, i like our chances in our district and look forward to getting a crack at angleton, heard they were making some noise out there with MR. Diggs. I hope we get a chance to crush their running game to a pulp!!!! with that being said i wish the eagles good luck hope to see a good clean no one gets hurt football game which will probably be a repeat performance of the first game with the exception of the score PNG 42-Barbers Hill 14. See yall Friday night bring your A game and hope for the best you are gonna need it lol ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder