Central vs PNG Who you got?

Guest etbu

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, PNG will have their hands full this Friday....Central coming off a loss, last game ever at The Babe ,and I think this will be the best Defense PNG has faced all year...Im am sure Central knows they will have thier hands full as well.  Should be a battle. The question is, will either team be pulling starters in a close game to avoid injuries?
I will never forget watching Troy Summerall get hurt for no reason in the fourth quarter in a bi-district game that Nederland had control of in the fourth quarter. He was hampered by that injury for the rest of the playoffs and it hurt the Dogs. District championships make for pretty shirts but we all know its all about the playoffs. Good luck to both teams...

[quote name="dayton" post="694595" timestamp="1257185926"]
[quote author=19Cherokee90 link=topic=61600.msg694590#msg694590 date=1257185829]
PNG by 21 points. If it's any closer than that it's because Faircloth pulls key players to be ready for playoffs.
[/quote]

I'd be surprised by that.
[/quote]

i hope ya like surprises, cause this is gonna make ya feel like its christmas morning. it's gonna be a blowout.

[quote name="D3zii" post="694385" timestamp="1257177832"]
[quote author=cornhusker link=topic=61600.msg694246#msg694246 date=1257166995]
PNG period. They are the best defense in the district. Defenses win big games. There offense is not to shabby also.
[/quote]

I dis-Agree
Will find out who has the better Defense
[/quote]

that staement is ludicrous and im not talkin about the rapper.. hahahaha as if centrals defense is anywheres compairable to port neches. apparently they dont print the stats in the newspaper in beaumont. look it up. yeah man , central is gonna win this game the same way the astros are gonna win the world series THIS YEAR. Oh yea i forgot the arent in it. neither is central at this point GAME OVER. PNG 49- central 13.

PNG has a well balanced team, they play well on both sides of the line. Central has the speed to hit from way out and keep them in the game, plus home field advantage. I feel the game will be close, probably one of the best games we will see in Southeast Texas. Good luck to both teams, pray no one gets hurt, and roll on in the playoffs!! PNG should be favored in this one, JMHO, but in my heart I feel like those Jags will not go away. Should be a heck of a game...

Should be a pretty good game.  Could go either way, depending on who makes more mistakes.  Central will have to hang on tightly to the ball against a hard-hitting PNG D who forces lots of turnovers.  I'm not sure you can say that Central D is better than PNG's; PNG has allowed a good amount less points. I say PNG's D will stay tight and the trend will continue- Central will score no more than 20.  The question will be how much PNG's offense can put it, especially with a backup kicker, not that they have kicked a lot of field goals this year though.  PNG wins 21-20.
This will be the first and only game I miss this year, unfortunately.  I'll be listening on the radio, though.  Good luck to both teams; stay healthy, and please please PLEASE show some respect, play a CLEAN game, and don't have a repeat of the fight last year.  There is no room for that in football, this is not hockey.

P.S.
Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Represent SE Texas well!!

[quote name="shovelhead" post="694984" timestamp="1257200796"]
Last years brawl is water under the bridge. Both teams have new coaches that have shown much more class than to allow that to happen again. PNG has made less mistakes each game. You can bet that Faircloth will have the boys ready. Gonna be a good game.
[/quote]

Well of course I'm going to take PNG in this game, but I will not venture to guess what the score will be.  PNG has looked solid all year, and we have a stingy defense.  But from what I hear, Central can be very explosive when they get the ball to the right people.

And you are right, I don't see another brawl taking place in this game.  Both teams are on a mission and don't want to jeopardize anything.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="694996" timestamp="1257201384"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=61600.msg694984#msg694984 date=1257200796]
Last years brawl is water under the bridge. Both teams have new coaches that have shown much more class than to allow that to happen again. PNG has made less mistakes each game. You can bet that Faircloth will have the boys ready. Gonna be a good game.
[/quote]

Well of course I'm going to take PNG in this game, but I will not venture to guess what the score will be.  PNG has looked solid all year, and we have a stingy defense.  But from what I hear, Central can be very explosive when they get the ball to the right people.

And you are right, I don't see another brawl taking place in this game.  [b]Both teams are on a mission and don't want to jeopardize anything.[/b]
[/quote]Man, how right you are with this statement!

Guest gladiator2
If you can't tell that student's and player's are getting on here talking smack just to get reactions out of people who choose to react to silly comments.

I can't wait for that Central Halftime! The only one each year that I really pay attention to. I hear that you guys have drummer that will make us all question if we are meeting our potential! ;D

Would be cool for both teams to make a playoff run and play some double headers.

I hate seeing these outlandish predictions, they are a total waste of space. With that said i think mistakes will play the biggest role. Could be good old fashioned turnovers, blown coverage or bad special teams. I dont see the difference in score being greater than ten here. As far as comparisons go, yes we are very balanced and hard to stop. I know central has thrown the ball a lot less than we have but that doesnt mean they cannot. Defensively we are no doubt the best in total yards and points scored against us, and honestly its not even close, provided one can interpret the statistics. However what really matters is who plays the best on Friday November 6th 2009. From what i have seen we are big enough, quick enough, strong enough, and intelligent enough to pull this one out. I call this one for my tribe by ten points or less.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder