silsbee knocks l train off its tracks.. any takers???

lilbigdog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

I know i'm going to be chewed out for this one, but I don't think Silsbee is 1/4 of the team they were last year. I think they have an incredible athlete at QB, but he can't do everything. Especially if Beard plays defense.  I just don't see Lumberton losing to a team that lost to Diboll.

All I know is Silsbee is going to spank Hampshire-Fannett like a red headed step child............ :D

Do you even know anybody else but the QB for Silsbee  ::)  apparently not..........

Guest ST4life

LUMBERTON  48,  silsbee  0.

::)  Silsbee has a D1 Quarterback and you post something crazy like this........

Trust me Silsbee will score even if Johnson has run it in himself.....

L-Town will take this game, but it'll be more like the BH score, we're gonna have to make it into the endzone often and just about everytime we do, the Silsbee Yellow Jackets will take the ball the other way. We'll slow them down but not stop them, while at the same time they won't slow us as much. L-Town 35 - Yellow Jackets 29. Soulja, it's not that L-Town has abandoned the running game, it's that we've added some passing is all, offense will always be probably around 2/3 running. This will be some real good work for our secondary which is getting better and better. One more thing, I've heard them say how fast Silsbee is and even some saying speed kills, like it's going to hurt us. But, the reason speed kills is because usually you end up hitting an immoveABle object.

L-Town will take this game, but it'll be more like the BH score, we're gonna have to make it into the endzone often and just about everytime we do, the Silsbee Yellow Jackets will take the ball the other way. We'll slow them down but not stop them, while at the same time they won't slow us as much. L-Town 35 - Yellow Jackets 29. Soulja, it's not that L-Town has abandoned the running game, it's that we've added some passing is all, offense will always be probably around 2/3 running. This will be some real good work for our secondary which is getting better and better. One more thing, I've heard them say how fast Silsbee is and even some saying speed kills, like it's going to hurt us. But, the reason speed kills is because usually you end up hitting an immoveABle object.

Who are the Yellow Jackets ??? ???

Look back about 45 years and you'll see that the Silsbee team used to be the Yellow Jackets, they didn't change their name to the Tigers until the after the seniors from Chance-Loeb, now Lumberton, started going through their senior year in L-Town.

Oh, I just remembered something, who decided this contest would be called the Village Creek Classic anyway. It used to be called the Village Creek Shootout when we played regular.

I don't have a horse in this race, but i wouldn't be spouting off on how bad Silsbee will beat Lumberton after the whippin they took last week from Diboll.  That should show anyone what overconfidence can do to a potentially good football team.  Take 'em one game at a time and don't look too far ahead.  Good Luck to both Silsbee and Lumberton.

Look back about 45 years and you'll see that the Silsbee team used to be the Yellow Jackets, they didn't change their name to the Tigers until the after the seniors from Chance-Loeb, now Lumberton, started going through their senior year in L-Town.

Oh, I just remembered something, who decided this contest would be called the Village Creek Classic anyway. It used to be called the Village Creek Shootout when we played regular.

raideroldtimer, you are sadly mistaken. Silsbee has never, ever been the Yellow Jackets. I have been living most of my 45 years right here in Silsbee and I have never heard anyone claim that Silsbee were the Yellow Jackets up until you have made this claim. My parents graduated from Silsbee. My Dad in '52, my mother in '55, and both told me that they were the Tigers the whole time they were in school. My mother started in Silsbee schools in '43 and she told me that they were always the Tigers. She said that the old stadium that used to be where the First Baptist Church sits now, was called Tiger Stadium. She told me that she went to school with folks from Chance/Loeb and they were the Tigers then also.

I do not know where you are getting your info from, but it is totally false. Silsbee has been the Tigers for at least 80 years now and from what I know and have been told from some longtime Silsbee folks, they have always been the Tigers.

Does anyone know why Lumberton & Silsbee has not played a regular season game in ~6 years?  Also, does anyone have the series standing between the 2 schools.  My recollection is that Silsbee dominated the early games and Lumberton dominated the later games.

The series stands at 15-5, in favor of Silsbee. These two schools have not played each other since the '03 season. They were scheduled to play each other last year, but Ike took care of that. It is my understanding that when Silsbee dropped down to 3A in '04, the then coach of Lumberton, Fuller, chose not to schedule Silsbee. When Alvin got the job, he got the game back on the schedule but had to wait a couple of years because of the schedule that was made prior to him getting the job.

Silsbee has not defeated Lumberton since 2000. Silsbee won 14 of the first 15 games played between these two, but Lumberton has won 4 of the last 5.

Lumberton will take this one by at least 10. The secondary is coming around nicely and the front 7 do a stout job up front. BH had to go to the air to move the ball on us, but it cost them as well. Hey, I know most people only know of AB...but we have some younger LB that are coming around nicely. Our defense will be well prepared come friday nite.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Lumberton will take this one by at least 10. The secondary is coming around nicely and the front 7 do a stout job up front. BH had to go to the air to move the ball on us, but it cost them as well. Hey, I know most people only know of AB...but we have some younger LB that are coming around nicely. Our defense will be well prepared come friday nite.

The OLB's have been playing well for young guys.

Can someone tell me when the last time a so called BLUECHIPPER from our area played up to the HYPE and then moved on to do it at the next level. I agree the young man from the Tigers is a good QB and maybe a great Athlete but to believe the tigers will win this game because he is a so called Blue Chipper is funny. If the Raiders play the starters and they are healthy L-Town Rolls, if they don't play or if some play hurt The Tigers stand a good chance to be in the game. I think this game means more to the Tiger fans than the Train fans. I would mot care if I saw some of those dinged up starters sit out and we lost as long as we had them healthy for district. Good luck to both teams and no injuries we hope.

Can someone tell me when the last time a so called BLUECHIPPER from our area played up to the HYPE and then moved on to do it at the next level. I agree the young man from the Tigers is a good QB and maybe a great Athlete but to believe the tigers will win this game because he is a so called Blue Chipper is funny. If the Raiders play the starters and they are healthy L-Town Rolls, if they don't play or if some play hurt The Tigers stand a good chance to be in the game. I think this game means more to the Tiger fans than the Train fans. I would mot care if I saw some of those dinged up starters sit out and we lost as long as we had them healthy for district. Good luck to both teams and no injuries we hope.

I sense a lot of jealousy in this post.  Now you're questioning his skills.  then you brought up College play on another level.  We said nothing about this.  We're talking about now.  I'm sure if the L-train had a blue chipper QB, you would let us know about him.  You have Beard and you talk about him.  Heck, you don't need to do that because I seen first hand what he could do.  He's a beast. 

Then you are making excuses to why you will lose the game.  Because players will not play... this game don't mean as much to Lumberton...  rest starters...  Blah blah.  I'm sure this guy does not represent thr 'real' Raider Nation... ::)

I sense a lot of jealousy in this post.  Now you're questioning his skills.  then you brought up College play on another level.  We said nothing about this.  We're talking about now.  I'm sure if the L-train had a blue chipper QB, you would let us know about him.  You have Beard and you talk about him.  Heck, you don't need to do that because I seen first hand what he could do.  He's a beast. 

Then you are making excuses to why you will lose the game.  Because players will not play... this game don't mean as much to Lumberton...  rest starters...  Blah blah.  I'm sure this guy does not represent thr 'real' Raider Nation... ::)

Good post Soulja. My sentiments exactly.

Lumberton wants to win this game just as badly as Silsbee does, trust me.

Guys we were at the silsbee-diboll game silsbee was hurt by penalties that brought a 92 yard run by the qb, a 65 yard td pass and a 37 yard pass back on 2 holding and a clipping penalty and they still put up 35 points the d-line is having a few issues with at least 3 soph starting they will get better from week to week this game win or lose will prepare them for district a possibly playoffs they will  be ready to play against the l-train silsbee was 19-31 378yd and 3 touchdowns and rushed for one if silsbee defense shows up to play they will give lumberton all they can handle diboll has a very talented rb and qb that for what ever reason we could not stop but silsbee's offense is clicking and that should not stop diboll lost to k-ville because they had 8 turnovers and k-vill scored on 5 of them diboll did not turn the ball over against silsbee and they won. Look for silsbee to come ready for the l-train will be a great game silsbee 35 lumberton 31.

Good post Soulja. My sentiments exactly.

Lumberton wants to win this game just as badly as Silsbee does, trust me.

We dont want to lose any of them  ;)

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I know that I don't want Lumberton to lose ANY game this season....pre-season game or not. Injuries or no injuries. I want Lumberton to win and win convincingly, especially against Silsbee.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi