Hardin-Jefferson @ Vidor Predictions?

well there is a lot of diffrent ways to look at school size rankings wo-s is a 3a school that beat lcm. a 4a school. central is a 4a school that beat memorial a 5a school. so i say no it dont realy matter the size of the school just playing the hand you were dealt. it seems there are more excuses for why you are supposed to loose than why you will win. granted i know that no player walks onto a feild under the friday night lights and expects to loose. im not worried about making my sign this weekend and my prediction is still 42v -10 hj

the 2 examples you gave are of highly ranked teams in their division playing decent teams one level above them.. its not like Central went and beat Katy or anything.. so thats a little differnt story.. and the size of a school does play a little bit of a factor in the sense that when you have like 500 or 600 more student then theres a better chance that you get more predominant athletes and also you have probably a larger team and can roll people in and out easier.. so size is a bit of a factor.. im not trying to make excuses, just stating my opinion on that..

Regardless of anything else.. HJ is gonna go to vidor friday night and give it everything they've got

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids from HJ have a ton of heart.. but vidor still wins this one by at least 28

yea but do they have size? vidor 48- hj 7

Size isn't everything. Its execution of the plays

OK how about size, speed, execution, and talent? Will that do? ;D

Now your talking 'Da BROOK'

*yawns* da brook lost c.michael, 99.99999 pct of their offense

Well WB doesn't play Vidor....but our sister schools do... I'll be rooting for Central and Ozen...and BTW we actually realize that C.Mike is gone, guess "YAW" just got the news down YAWNDER.

SGT REY. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! I THINK US HERE VIDOR  FOLK CAN READ OUR OWN SCHEDULE AND DONT NEED HELP GROM THE LIKES OF YOU TO DO SO. THOUGH YOU ARE RIGHT IT DOSENT CHANGE THE FACT THAT WE COULDNT OR WOULDNT BY ANY MEANS. SO YOU KEEP SUPPORTIN DA BROOKS SISTER SCHOOLS AND WHEN WE FINISH WITH THEM AND PUT A LOSS IN THE BOOKS FOR EACH YOU CAN MARCH YOUR NARROW BEHIND OUT AND WE WILL PAT YOU ON YOUR BUT TELL YOU GOOD GAME AND SEND YOU HOME ALONG WITH YOUR SISTER SCHOOLS  WITH SOME LOVELY PARTING GIFTS. YOU KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO THINGS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU AND YOUR SISTERS UNTIL ITS YOUR TURN IN THE BARREL....... YOU STILL HAVE TWELVE DAYS .....WEAR EXTRA PADDIN IN YOUR PANTS SO THIS FIRST PAT ON THE BUT DONT HURT TO MUCH

I heard that Vidor had several running backs hurt last night??  Are they ok?

I didn't hear anything about Peevey getting injured, but I talked to Pittman on Sunday and he said that he had pulled some ligaments around his left ankle. He was still walking with a slight limp. But he said that he should be back to normal by Wednesday. I'm kinda hoping Mathews doesn't play him Friday and just lets him heal back up during the H-J game and the bye week. Because we're going to need him 110% against Central.

Vidor's first "official" game of the season. The Hawks will have their hands full not because Vidor is a "Great 4-A team" as they were referred to in an above post but because they are simply bigger and stronger. The problem for Vidor is that 20-4A has plenty of "bigger and stronger" to make up for glorified scrimmages against two private schools and a mid-tier 3-A school (not to mention a "real" scrimmage against WO-S that has some convinced Vidor is the team to beat in 20-4A - play WO-S in the regular season and I highly doubt the result would be the same. In fact, love 'em or hate 'em, WO-S would probably win 20-4A if they played in the district).

Don't get me wrong. I love the Pirates and I have great respect for Coach Matthews (a class act). I spent a big part of my youth there and I wish them well. Would love to see the Pirates go deep in the playoffs but Vidor needs to show something on the field. We know the OL can put it away at Golden Corral but can they play 4 quarters of football against a relentless opponent who has the strength, stamina, and determination to go head-to-head with them. That's the question and following a week of rest after the warm-up with HJ (Vidor open that week) they will face a Central Jaguar team that will be more than ready to hang with the Pirates.

Vidor - 38

HJ- 13

GO PIRATES!!!

SGT REY. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! I THINK US HERE VIDOR   FOLK CAN READ OUR OWN SCHEDULE AND DONT NEED HELP GROM THE LIKES OF YOU TO DO SO. THOUGH YOU ARE RIGHT IT DOSENT CHANGE THE FACT THAT WE COULDNT OR WOULDNT BY ANY MEANS. SO YOU KEEP SUPPORTIN DA BROOKS SISTER SCHOOLS AND WHEN WE FINISH WITH THEM AND PUT A LOSS IN THE BOOKS FOR EACH YOU CAN MARCH YOUR NARROW BEHIND OUT AND WE WILL PAT YOU ON YOUR BUT TELL YOU GOOD GAME AND SEND YOU HOME ALONG WITH YOUR SISTER SCHOOLS  WITH SOME LOVELY PARTING GIFTS. YOU KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO THINGS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOU AND YOUR SISTERS UNTIL ITS YOUR TURN IN THE BARREL....... YOU STILL HAVE TWELVE DAYS .....WEAR EXTRA PADDIN IN YOUR PANTS SO THIS FIRST PAT ON THE BUT DONT HURT TO MUCH

Dude, you need to go sit down somewhere. You don't even believe that crap yourself.  You have to kick district off here in Beaumont, not in Vidor and the magical scoreboard (thought I forgot, huh?).  They'll be a loss in the books, alright.   ::) ::)

Transitions for HJ this preason hasn't been much in the difference of offenses that HJ's opponents have been using, but in the size of schools they have been playing. They have played a strong, state-ranked, run 3A Cleveland team, a strong contender 2A RUN Woodville team, and now they will play another strong run team but now in 4A and much more depth. HJ can definitly have a good game if they minimize mistakes, and do no turnovers, which I'm sure is difficult against this Vidor team. However, if the receivers for HJ start catching the balls, and the big plays open up, it can be a good game. The offense of HJ continues to progress. GO HJ!

it dont matter where we play or what the conditions the only team in the district schedule that has a  chance to beat us is central. so get it done in 11 days because you know as well as i do ozen is all alone in the pits this year of 20-4a

Who said anything about Ozen?  I'm a Jag fan... 8) 8)

it dont matter where we play or what the conditions the only team in the district schedule that has a  chance to beat us is central. so get it done in 11 days because you know as well as i do ozen is all alone in the pits this year of 20-4a

Who said anything about Ozen?  I'm a Jag fan... 8) 8)

Soulja,I think your gettin baited by an out of towner. He did not even no the schedule in an earlier post.Somebody just trying to get something going.Any true fan of there team is gonna know the home and away schedule.

The only team that has a "chance to beat us" is Central??---if you are predicting a district record with only ONE POSSIBLE loss then put down the MD 2020 and sober up.

Well WB doesn't play Vidor....but our sister schools do... I'll be rooting for Central and Ozen...and BTW we actually realize that C.Mike is gone, guess "YAW" just got the news down YAWNDER.

Hey Sgt I am a Central fan as well, just not 1 night a year, and that night is coming up very soon! ;D

The only team that has a "chance to beat us" is Central??---if you are predicting a district record with only ONE POSSIBLE loss then put down the MD 2020 and sober up.

Central has the hardest hitting defense in 20-4A. Harder than us, harder than Lumberton, harder than every other team. Everyone knows this ... and if they don't they darn well should. And it will take a hard-hitting defense to stand up to an offense that does not play the spread.

I'm just reading between the lines here, but I believe that is what the poster was referring to, Diamond-J.

Vidor's first "official" game of the season. The Hawks will have their hands full not because Vidor is a "Great 4-A team" as they were referred to in an above post but because they are simply bigger and stronger. The problem for Vidor is that 20-4A has plenty of "bigger and stronger" to make up for glorified scrimmages against two private schools and a mid-tier 3-A school (not to mention a "real" scrimmage against WO-S that has some convinced Vidor is the team to beat in 20-4A - play WO-S in the regular season and I highly doubt the result would be the same. In fact, love 'em or hate 'em, WO-S would probably win 20-4A if they played in the district).

Don't get me wrong. I love the Pirates and I have great respect for Coach Matthews (a class act). I spent a big part of my youth there and I wish them well. Would love to see the Pirates go deep in the playoffs but Vidor needs to show something on the field. We know the OL can put it away at Golden Corral but can they play 4 quarters of football against a relentless opponent who has the strength, stamina, and determination to go head-to-head with them. That's the question and following a week of rest after the warm-up with HJ (Vidor open that week) they will face a Central Jaguar team that will be more than ready to hang with the Pirates.

Vidor - 38

HJ- 13

GO PIRATES!!!

"We know the OL can put it away at Golden Corral" OK back off on the derogatory comments about the players! I am sure this comes from the ridiculous article by the BMT Enterprise. Remember these are young athletes, and very good athletes I might add. Just one more point. There is one player that has not even played in a game this year due to an early injury. He is 6'6" 320 and has a full ride to SFA to play football next year. Can't wait to see what he will add in the Central game!  

Central has the hardest hitting defense in 20-4A. Harder than us, harder than Lumberton, harder than every other team. Everyone knows this ... and if they don't they darn well should. And it will take a hard-hitting defense to stand up to an offense that does not play the spread.

I'm just reading between the lines here, but I believe that is what the poster was referring to, Diamond-J.

He clearly said the only team that has a chance to beat us is Central----no need to try and interpret that. It is simply overconfidence at best and delusional at worst---best of luck to Vidor anyway would like to see a Dayton/Vidor or Dayton/Lumberton first round matchup---would be a great draw

I'm reserving judgement.

I've only seen the Vidor vs. Kelly game, and there was too many mistakes to declare Vidor will roll over anyone.

Also, I know nothing about Hardin Jefferson, and the team that will do the most damage is the one you dont see coming. (Even if it's non-district..it's still tough to sit around for 2 weeks thinking about a loss to a team you're predicted to cruise by)

We'll see how it goes. I'm pulling for you, Vidor.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder