Hardin-Jefferson @ Vidor Predictions?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is for the HJ folks. What kind of offense should the pirates expect to see this friday

Well HJ has been running the spread offense since day 1 so I'm sure thats what the pirates should be expecting. just like HJ should be expecting the smash-mouth football of Vidor on offense.

Pirate 4 Life...

Not making a derogatory comment about the players. It's no mystery that OL/DL eat large quantities of food in order to "grow" to the size they do. For the lucky ones, all of that extracurricular time spent in the buffet line leads to multi-million dollar contracts to play football for a living. Was just trying to state that size is only one aspect of the game. All of the size in the world won't help you if you don't have the stamina to go with it. So far, in my opinion, Vidor has not been tested for a full 4 quarters. HJ will be the closest they've come to that and that test will not even come close to what Central will bring to the field in a couple of weeks. Again, hope the Pirates are for real this season. Just not climbing on the bandwagon yet.

Pirate 4 Life...

Not making a derogatory comment about the players. It's no mystery that OL/DL eat large quantities of food in order to "grow" to the size they do. For the lucky ones, all of that extracurricular time spent in the buffet line leads to multi-million dollar contracts to play football for a living. Was just trying to state that size is only one aspect of the game. All of the size in the world won't help you if you don't have the stamina to go with it. So far, in my opinion, Vidor has not been tested for a full 4 quarters. HJ will be the closest they've come to that and that test will not even come close to what Central will bring to the field in a couple of weeks. Again, hope the Pirates are for real this season. Just not climbing on the bandwagon yet.

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

Pirate 4 Life...

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

Size is OK, but speed KILLS...I have to roll with Central.....Vidor 35, HJ 14

Pirate 4 Life...

I'll tell you first hand these kids put down alot of food, I've seen them eat. That's not to say that they are out of shape and won't be able to go when called upon. I got a chance to talk to some of Vidor's starting offensive line (which played last year and went 4 quarters in every game), they said they ran 4 miles a day in addition to what the rest of the team was required to do for the summer camp. You're telling me that these boys who went 4 quarters last year in every game that has ran 4 mile everyday during the summer can't go 4 quarters!?! You got to be joking me. Everyone knows that Vidor's O-line plays rough and tough every game every down all 4 quarters. If you think I'm lying ask some of the D-line that has played against them.

Vidor wins this one easily 42-21...the 3 hj td's will be by jacoby turner

Okay, Brick, this has to be the most ignorant thing you have ever said in your life. No offense to Turner (he's a good athlete), but do you honestly think he will score 3 td's in this game? Personally, I think Vidor could snap his back or remove his entire torso from the rest of his body if they wanted to. Vidor will smash HJ like Rosie O'Donnell doing a cannonball on a toy house made of popsicle sticks. I can see the colossal offensive line of Vidor knocking out HJ's defense like bugs on a car windshield, giving the Vidor running backs enough time to do the stanky leg before he walks into the end zone without a scratch on his uni. Then, Vidor's defense should come to your house, Brick, and suplex you on the dining room table after you have insulted them in such a way.

Hey Ron, worry about your Horns first......

it dont matter where we play or what the conditions the only team in the district schedule that has a  chance to beat us is central. so get it done in 11 days because you know as well as i do ozen is all alone in the pits this year of 20-4a

may i say this does not reflect all, or even half of vidor's oppinion, any team can win on any day, that's why they play the game

Vidor wins this one easily 42-21...the 3 hj td's will be by jacoby turner

Okay, Brick, this has to be the most ignorant thing you have ever said in your life. No offense to Turner (he's a good athlete), but do you honestly think he will score 3 td's in this game? Personally, I think Vidor could snap his back or remove his entire torso from the rest of his body if they wanted to. Vidor will smash HJ like Rosie O'Donnell doing a cannonball on a toy house made of popsicle sticks. I can see the colossal offensive line of Vidor knocking out HJ's defense like bugs on a car windshield, giving the Vidor running backs enough time to do the stanky leg before he walks into the end zone without a scratch on his uni. Then, Vidor's defense should come to your house, Brick, and suplex you on the dining room table after you have insulted them in such a way.

I am ron burgundy?... WHO PUT THE QUESTION MARK THERE!!!

I find the people who make absurd predictions about their team, while showing little respect for the abilities of other district sharing teams, are usually high school students, or one or two years removed from high school, and still have a blinding loyalty to their alma matter.

Nobody with a right mind comes on a message board and says, "The only team that has a chance to beat us is _____"  That's insanity.

So, from a Vidorian to the rest of the board, Your teams' ability is respected in my eyes, I guess because I watch with both of them open.

If Vidor comes out on top, hey, that's great. And if they don't, I'll probably agree with you in why they didn't.

Pirate 4 Life...

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

I'll tell you first hand these kids put down alot of food, I've seen them eat. That's not to say that they are out of shape and won't be able to go when called upon. I got a chance to talk to some of Vidor's starting offensive line (which played last year and went 4 quarters in every game), they said they ran 4 miles a day in addition to what the rest of the team was required to do for the summer camp. You're telling me that these boys who went 4 quarters last year in every game that has ran 4 mile everyday during the summer can't go 4 quarters!?! You got to be joking me. Everyone knows that Vidor's O-line plays rough and tough every game every down all 4 quarters. If you think I'm lying ask some of the D-line that has played against them.

Not saying they can't go 4 quarters against marginal/mediocre teams. Just saying 20-4A is not a "private school" league (TAPPS,etc.). And, all of the pre-season hype will mean squat when district play begins. In my humble opinion, Central will wear down the Pirates. We'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder