Hardin-Jefferson @ Vidor Predictions?

Vidor wins this one easily 42-21...the 3 hj td's will be by jacoby turner

Okay, Brick, this has to be the most ignorant thing you have ever said in your life. No offense to Turner (he's a good athlete), but do you honestly think he will score 3 td's in this game? Personally, I think Vidor could snap his back or remove his entire torso from the rest of his body if they wanted to. Vidor will smash HJ like Rosie O'Donnell doing a cannonball on a toy house made of popsicle sticks. I can see the colossal offensive line of Vidor knocking out HJ's defense like bugs on a car windshield, giving the Vidor running backs enough time to do the stanky leg before he walks into the end zone without a scratch on his uni. Then, Vidor's defense should come to your house, Brick, and suplex you on the dining room table after you have insulted them in such a way.

Hey Ron, worry about your Horns first......

Yeah Ron, it's not always about you! You're not the only one that matters in this world.  You need to get off of vidors bandwagon broseph and actually start paying attention to your own team.  Go Horns!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirate 4 Life...

Not making a derogatory comment about the players. It's no mystery that OL/DL eat large quantities of food in order to "grow" to the size they do. For the lucky ones, all of that extracurricular time spent in the buffet line leads to multi-million dollar contracts to play football for a living. Was just trying to state that size is only one aspect of the game. All of the size in the world won't help you if you don't have the stamina to go with it. So far, in my opinion, Vidor has not been tested for a full 4 quarters. HJ will be the closest they've come to that and that test will not even come close to what Central will bring to the field in a couple of weeks. Again, hope the Pirates are for real this season. Just not climbing on the bandwagon yet.

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

I'll tell you first hand these kids put down alot of food, I've seen them eat. That's not to say that they are out of shape and won't be able to go when called upon. I got a chance to talk to some of Vidor's starting offensive line (which played last year and went 4 quarters in every game), they said they ran 4 miles a day in addition to what the rest of the team was required to do for the summer camp. You're telling me that these boys who went 4 quarters last year in every game that has ran 4 mile everyday during the summer can't go 4 quarters!?! You got to be joking me. Everyone knows that Vidor's O-line plays rough and tough every game every down all 4 quarters. If you think I'm lying ask some of the D-line that has played against them.

Not saying they can't go 4 quarters against marginal/mediocre teams. Just saying 20-4A is not a "private school" league (TAPPS,etc.). And, all of the pre-season hype will mean squat when district play begins. In my humble opinion, Central will wear down the Pirates. We'll see.

I'm just saying these boys went 4 quarters last year (without a problem) against the same boys they will be playing this year. I'm not degrading anyone's defense but to say that a team in district 20-4A will wear Vidor's O-line down is just absurd. I have the upmost respect for every team in Vidor's district but I highly doubt that any team will wear Vidor down so much deeming them unable to finish the game. Can you name me one game where one single player on Vidor's O-line did not finish a game (excluding injuries)? And I believe someone last year compared Vidor's O-line to Lidocaine "Vidor's O-line is like lidocaine, they slowly wear you down bit by bit and BAM they bust one." And if I'm not mistaken these are the same boys who played on the line last year.

The average hawk is way more mystical than a longhorn.  A hawk is equally as unstoppable as Batman and could rule the mule.  Not to mention the Hawks have John Scott, the original Cheek Texas Soldier.

Hawk vs. the cold steel blade wielded by an unrelenting Pirate. Who wins? ;D Haha I'm just messing with y'all. I hope it's a good game and wish both teams the best.

Pirate 4 Life...

Not making a derogatory comment about the players. It's no mystery that OL/DL eat large quantities of food in order to "grow" to the size they do. For the lucky ones, all of that extracurricular time spent in the buffet line leads to multi-million dollar contracts to play football for a living. Was just trying to state that size is only one aspect of the game. All of the size in the world won't help you if you don't have the stamina to go with it. So far, in my opinion, Vidor has not been tested for a full 4 quarters. HJ will be the closest they've come to that and that test will not even come close to what Central will bring to the field in a couple of weeks. Again, hope the Pirates are for real this season. Just not climbing on the bandwagon yet.

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

I'll tell you first hand these kids put down alot of food, I've seen them eat. That's not to say that they are out of shape and won't be able to go when called upon. I got a chance to talk to some of Vidor's starting offensive line (which played last year and went 4 quarters in every game), they said they ran 4 miles a day in addition to what the rest of the team was required to do for the summer camp. You're telling me that these boys who went 4 quarters last year in every game that has ran 4 mile everyday during the summer can't go 4 quarters!?! You got to be joking me. Everyone knows that Vidor's O-line plays rough and tough every game every down all 4 quarters. If you think I'm lying ask some of the D-line that has played against them.

Not saying they can't go 4 quarters against marginal/mediocre teams. Just saying 20-4A is not a "private school" league (TAPPS,etc.). And, all of the pre-season hype will mean squat when district play begins. In my humble opinion, Central will wear down the Pirates. We'll see.

I'm just saying these boys went 4 quarters last year (without a problem) against the same boys they will be playing this year. I'm not degrading anyone's defense but to say that a team in district 20-4A will wear Vidor's O-line down is just absurd. I have the upmost respect for every team in Vidor's district but I highly doubt that any team will wear Vidor down so much deeming them unable to finish the game. Can you name me one game where one single player on Vidor's O-line did not finish a game (excluding injuries)? And I believe someone last year compared Vidor's O-line to Lidocaine "Vidor's O-line is like lidocaine, they slowly wear you down bit by bit and BAM they bust one." And if I'm not mistaken these are the same boys who played on the line last year.

yes they went 4 quarters with all the district teams last year, and what place did they end up in?

Pirate 4 Life...

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

yes they went 4 quarters with all the district teams last year, and what place did they end up in?

Even though that is nonsequitor they didn't finish too well. The point being is that Vidor's O-line WILL go 4 quarters in every game unless an injury occurs, which we all hope doesn't happen.

Pirate 4 Life...

Even though that is nonsequitor they didn't finish too well. The point being is that Vidor's O-line WILL go 4 quarters in every game unless an injury occurs, which we all hope doesn't happen.

5th I believe, 1 place from going to the playoffs!

Pirate 4 Life...

I've seen these linemen for Vidor first hand, and these kids are huge!  Heck, they gotta be eating something... :o :o

5th I believe, 1 place from going to the playoffs!

5th 1 place from the playoffs :-\ :-\ :-\

vidor will be 1 and three after week four in district

be careful...you're showing your intelligence. how can they be 1-3 after playing 6 games? stay off the purple drank. :D

obviously he meant district, u know, the games that really matter

why are there all of these topics and posts if none of these games matter? why do they even play them? why are you on here posting comments about them? they should just shut the site down until district. someone needs to tell all the fans to quit going to these stupid games that don't matter. i'll leave it up to you and pngfan to get the word out. ::)

Okay. I've apparently ticked off a few that I didn't mean to with my analysis. I have a great deal of respect for the Vidor football program. I would love to see Vidor be a perennial power. I welcome that. And, I didn't mean to suggest that the O-Line can't survive four quarters. I just think, IN MY OPINION, that a strong team will wear them down. That's all I'm saying. It's not a derogatory comment towards the players or the people of Vidor. I think Vidor will compete for a 4th place spot in 20-4A. I also think it's a shame that we allow 4 teams to go to the playoffs. It waters down the system and is akin to the old soccer philosophy of not keeping score so as to make everyone a winner (that's off topic but I had to say it).

Again, no offense to the Pirate faithful. Vidor should handle HJ with little problem. I do think they will have trouble with all of 20-4A, with the possible exception of Ozen. I think most of 20-4A is capable of beating everyone else on any given Friday night. I think Central is currently the team to beat. The rest of the district is wide-open. With four spots available, it's anyone's guess who may make a playoff run. After two weeks of play, I'm not ruling out the possiblity that LC-M will make a phenomenal turn around and end up in the mix when it's all said and done. We'll see.

Good Luck Pirates and the rest of 20-4A!!!

Okay. I've apparently ticked off a few that I didn't mean to with my analysis. I have a great deal of respect for the Vidor football program. I would love to see Vidor be a perennial power. I welcome that. And, I didn't mean to suggest that the O-Line can't survive four quarters. I just think, IN MY OPINION, that a strong team will wear them down. That's all I'm saying. It's not a derogatory comment towards the players or the people of Vidor. I think Vidor will compete for a 4th place spot in 20-4A. I also think it's a shame that we allow 4 teams to go to the playoffs. It waters down the system and is akin to the old soccer philosophy of not keeping score so as to make everyone a winner (that's off topic but I had to say it).

Again, no offense to the Pirate faithful. Vidor should handle HJ with little problem. I do think they will have trouble with all of 20-4A, with the possible exception of Ozen. I think most of 20-4A is capable of beating everyone else on any given Friday night. I think Central is currently the team to beat. The rest of the district is wide-open. With four spots available, it's anyone's guess who may make a playoff run. After two weeks of play, I'm not ruling out the possiblity that LC-M will make a phenomenal turn around and end up in the mix when it's all said and done. We'll see.

Good Luck Pirates and the rest of 20-4A!!!

no offence taken. i was really aiming my comments toward the nothing counts except district crowd. i'd like to see them tell a kid that blew out his knee in a non-district game that it was a stupid non-district game. good luck to all of district 20-4a unless they're playin' the pirates. btw nice helmet...anybody that hates t.u. is okay by me. ;D

spoonbill...

Actually wasn't including you in my "ticked a few off" statement. But, thanks for the comment anyway. By the way, us anti-TU people should stick together, at least until my Ags meet up with your Razorbacks. We'll see then (ha).

I'm not offended either. And I think you're right that Central is the team to beat, I feel the same way. I also agree that 4 playoff spots is way too much. I thought 3 was a lot too. The only thing I've had a problem with on this board, is the posters who are saying Vidor isn't worthy of the stats they've accumulated because they've played private schools in non-district.

Pirate 4 Life...

Our boys might be big but i will stand behind them one hundred percent in kicking your sorry butt.

Pirate 4 Life...

Our boys might be big but i will stand behind them one hundred percent in kicking your sorry butt.

Old thread..... ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder