Who's the team you love to hate????

Guest KHS 89

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the late 80's Dayton wasn't in the Golden Triangle District.  However, after being placed there by UIL many folks from Dayton do consider us to be part of SE Texas.

I realize this topic is harmless and just a conversation piece, but I agree with rapayne and find it comical........we aren't considered part of the area unless the topic shows us in a negative light!

Guest newtoschool

Well based on the topic choices I will go with Lumberton, but I am humored at how Dayton is considered part of SETX when it is whether someone hates them or not, LOL!!!

i noticed that also....some schools are not considered in the setx area unless they are winning....another example is cleveland...once they made it in the playoffs a topic was "setx teams still in the playoffs".  ha ah funny

It's no different than the Houston media does to Golden Triangle teams.  Back in the 80's when West Brook, French and WO-S won their state championships, the Golden Triangle was considered part of the "Greater Houston Area."  Since there have been no championship runs lately from the area, it is now BFE again.

It's no different than the Houston media does to Golden Triangle teams.  Back in the 80's when West Brook, French and WO-S won their state championships, the Golden Triangle was considered part of the "Greater Houston Area."  Since there have been no championship runs lately from the area, it is now BFE again.

True!!

No one in the poll...............

$15 for a ticket to see Katy? What in the heck are they trying to buy???? :-\

A new stadium!

Hey scooter, you think their ticket prices are steep? Just be glad you don't have to pay property taxes there.

Oh yeah, I know  ;)

From looking at the polls, its seems as if the "Mid County" teams are the most hated.  I wonder why?  Hmmm..... ;)

Media oversaturation and the elitist attitude that many there (not all :-*) exhibit similar to Notre Dame.  No offense but the end all be all of setx football isn't mid-county although many would have us believe it is.

Probably because MC is all the 'Suprise' or any other newspaper talks about....  I wonder why that is?   ::) ::)

cause they're white.... racist!! :D

Nope!   :D :D

I think he is saying that you are a Nascar fan.  ;D

Probably because MC is all the 'Suprise' or any other newspaper talks about....  I wonder why that is?   ::) ::)

cause they're white.... racist!! :D

Nope!   :D :D

I think he is saying that you are a Nascar fan.  ;D

Wow, how about that, L-Town is tops in district two years in a row and we're right behind the traditional league leaders in most hated.

Cause they're winners, like V Pirate said.

Not even close... ;D ;D

Traditionally, the Mid-County teams have been top in this district. There's no arguing over that. I'm not saying that we're better than the rest of the teams in the district, we just have a history of coming out on top, and that tends to draw attention.

Not even close... ;D ;D

Traditionally, the Mid-County teams have been top in this district. There's no arguing over that. I'm not saying that we're better than the rest of the teams in the district, we just have a history of coming out on top, and that tends to draw attention.

In the last 30 years mid county teams have won this district 5 times, so traditionally they dont come in 1st, I will say this though PNG in the last 30 years yall have won yalls district more than dayton.  Dayton only won that district twice. 

It's revolved over the years. It once was WB, Then Ozen, Then Ned, Then PNG, Always was Vidor but last year changed that. Vidor kinda earned some respect from me last season. But as of now Lumberton has to be Public enemy #1. They defenantly have that bullzy on their backs. And they talk more shizzy than anyone one this board ;D. But to me that's where its at baby, rep yo team. Lumberton is the team ;)

Probably because MC is all the 'Suprise' or any other newspaper talks about....  I wonder why that is?   ::) ::)

Not even close... ;D ;D

In the last 30 years mid county teams have won this district 5 times, so traditionally they dont come in 1st, I will say this though PNG in the last 30 years yall have won yalls district more than dayton.  Dayton only won that district twice.  

pngdist.gifnederlanddist.gif

According to these, the Mid-County teams have held the district championship title 9 times in one 30-year period (1976-2006), with PN-G taking district 8 times and Nederland taking district once.

You poor folks from Mid County really need to get a life. Anyone that has to count back 30 years of any program has no life. You all sound like Cowboy fans (haven't won a playoff game in 13 years) and still think you are American's  team. No  one cares what happen 30 years ago, last year,  last week are even last night. What are you going to do today and tomorrow is all that matters now. You might tell your grandkids how great you once were but other than them no one cares sorry that is life.  Good luck this year

You poor folks from Mid County really need to get a life. Anyone that has to count back 30 years of any program has no life. You all sound like Cowboy fans (haven't won a playoff game in 13 years) and still think you are American's  team. No  one cares what happen 30 years ago, last year,  last week are even last night. What are you going to do today and tomorrow is all that matters now. You might tell your grandkids how great you once were but other than them no one cares sorry that is life.  Good luck this year

I think you misunderstand sports all together. When people talk about football it's the team that traditionaly does well. It's not just district championships, but it's playoff wins, and tough teams. Mid county teams may not be winning all of the time, but they play most people tough, big fan base, and the best school spirit this side of Texas. From high school to the pro teams it's always based on past success and are talked about. If you say don't talk about past teams then your not a real sports fan, take a look at baseball, football, basketball.  It's part of sports in general. They don't keep stats on this years team, it's stats from the beginning of the sport.  Maybe you just don't get it, but hey that's LIFE.

You poor folks from Mid County really need to get a life. Anyone that has to count back 30 years of any program has no life. You all sound like Cowboy fans (haven't won a playoff game in 13 years) and still think you are American's  team. No  one cares what happen 30 years ago, last year,  last week are even last night. What are you going to do today and tomorrow is all that matters now. You might tell your grandkids how great you once were but other than them no one cares sorry that is life.  Good luck this year

Nederland isn't talking about the last 30-35 years. No offense, bulldogs, but that's obviously Indian territory.

Scalp'em has a point. Team history plays a big part in sports.

I suggest that you go back and read the posts. I believe it was texans who brought up the last 30 years, specifically, because we were talking about why the Beaumont Enterprise gives the Mid-County teams so much attention. I mentioned that it was for two basic reasons:

1. PN-G and Nederland are basically the only two teams to have consistently played in district 20-4A over the past few decades.

2. PN-G and Nederland have a history of winning.

I then proceeded to cite facts to support this view. However, this does not negate the fact that it was someone else who brought this up and that the Beaumont Enterprise that is giving Mid-County all the attention.

Stats are for people that won't to live in the past .Don't tell me how good you once were show me how good you are now, Past records are for old men to tell there kids what was. Looks to me that PNG  has move from there great pass by removing one of there great has been and replaced him with the futher. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with remembering your past but don't live in it.And I have read the post and looks to me that someone pulled records going back to the 30 s, come on  how far back does anyone other than you care.Most kids playing now parents werenot born then. I know the kids that where the purple and white, or the gold and black are proud to where them but not for what was but for what they are now and who they are now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder