Who's the team you love to hate????

Guest KHS 89

Stats are for people that won't to live in the past .Don't tell me how good you once were show me how good you are now, Past records are for old men to tell there kids what was. Looks to me that PNG  has move from there great pass by removing one of there great has been and replaced him with the futher. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with remembering your past but don't live in it.And I have read the post and looks to me that someone pulled records going back to the 30 s, come on  how far back does anyone other than you care.Most kids playing now parents werenot born then. I know the kids that where the purple and white, or the gold and black are proud to where them but not for what was but for what they are now and who they are now.

Just curious, Joe.  Which high school football team do you back?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats are for people that won't to live in the past .Don't tell me how good you once were show me how good you are now, Past records are for old men to tell there kids what was. Looks to me that PNG  has move from there great pass by removing one of there great has been and replaced him with the futher. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with remembering your past but don't live in it.And I have read the post and looks to me that someone pulled records going back to the 30 s, come on  how far back does anyone other than you care.Most kids playing now parents werenot born then. I know the kids that where the purple and white, or the gold and black are proud to where them but not for what was but for what they are now and who they are now.

Just curious, Joe.  Which high school football team do you back?

If he plays by his word his team changes all the time for it to be whoever is having a good year.

I support the Rebels from Evadale I have a son playing. And yes I support the team every year and no I don't just pull for the winning teams.There is nothing wrong with  showing pride in there teams and town but don't live in the past. Most kids now not care how good there team use to be they just wont you to support them now. Just look at every level of play If a coach is not winning now no matter what his pass records are he will have to go. That is life (What Have You Done For Me Lately). Even the Great  Dan Hooks ,if he was to have a string of losing seasons, there would be people calling for him to go. But don't see that happing ,he is to good of a coach to let that happen. Purple and White and Gold and Black pride run deep but just put all that behind the kids on the field now , not on the ghost of the pass

Guest KHS 89

Um.....  nice grammar.  Your high school must be so proud.

I support the Rebels from Evadale I have a son playing. And yes I support the team every year and no I don't just pull for the winning teams.

Very good.  But I don't think you'll have that problem as the Rebs should be pushing for a playoff spot again this season.  BTW, congrats on your run in the baseball playoffs this year.

There is nothing wrong with showing pride in there teams and town but don't live in the past. Most kids now not care how good there team use to be they just wont you to support them now.

I agree that to live in the past is not really productive.  However, tradition shouldn't be be ignored.  It is that tradition, as well as hopeful signs that point to a return to that tradition, that keep folks supporting their teams.  Maybe if kids showed some reverence toward past records, it would help them strive to maintain a tradition and in fact, become part of that tradition. Those on this thread that have expressed pride in the tradition of either the Bulldogs or the Indians will be out there with pride this fall supporting the current editions of those teams, I can assure you. 

Guest KHS 89

You know...  it always seems the people that are so quick to point out that tradition doesn't or shouldn't matter are the very folks that have no tradition to speak of the programs which they support.

I think it can work for and against you.  Take the 1st ever win by Lumberton at the Reservation last year.  You don't think those boys from Lumberton felt a rush and a sense of accomplishment to be able to tell their children and children's children that they played on the 1st Lumberton Raider football team to beat the Indians at the Reservation?

You know...  it always seems the people that are so quick to point out that tradition doesn't or shouldn't matter are the very folks that have no tradition to speak of the programs which they support.

I think it can work for and against you.  Take the 1st ever win by Lumberton at the Reservation last year.  You don't think those boys from Lumberton felt a rush and a sense of accomplishment to be able to tell their children and children's children that they played on the 1st Lumberton Raider football team to beat the Indians at the Reservation?

WOW! Did the Raiders beat PNG or the Dallas Cowboys? Do you think beating PNG is really THAT big of a deal that you believe these guys, immediately following the win, said to eath other "OMG what a story this will be to tell my grandchildren, we beat the mighty indians?" I doubt it.... ;)

Stats are for people that won't to live in the past .Don't tell me how good you once were show me how good you are now, Past records are for old men to tell there kids what was. Looks to me that PNG  has move from there great pass by removing one of there great has been and replaced him with the futher. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with remembering your past but don't live in it.And I have read the post and looks to me that someone pulled records going back to the 30 s, come on  how far back does anyone other than you care.Most kids playing now parents werenot born then. I know the kids that where the purple and white, or the gold and black are proud to where them but not for what was but for what they are now and who they are now.

Being one of those kids wearing that purple and white, I am proud to say that I not only stand for what PN-G is at present, but what PN-G was in the past and what PN-G will be in the future, and I can promise you that the rest feel the same way. There's a reason we use the term "Honor, Pride, & Tradition." There is a unity among all Indians, both past and present, and when the Indians of the future come to be, there will be a unity there as well. I don't know how things work at the high school you support, but down here at PN-G, we're all Indians. It doesn't matter whether you're an athlete, member of a performing arts organization, alumnus/a, average student, or just a member of the community, you're still an Indian from the day you become a member of the community, whether by birth or not, until the day you die.

That being said, the records that were pulled were pulled to prove that the Mid-County teams had won more than five district titles in the last thirty years, which is what texans had stated in this thread.

WOW! Did the Raiders beat PNG or the Dallas Cowboys? Do you think beating PNG is really THAT big of a deal that you believe these guys, immediately following the win, said to eath other "OMG what a story this will be to tell my grandchildren, we beat the mighty indians?" I doubt it.... ;)

Yes.

This is the hidden content, please

Stats are for people that won't to live in the past .Don't tell me how good you once were show me how good you are now, Past records are for old men to tell there kids what was. Looks to me that PNG  has move from there great pass by removing one of there great has been and replaced him with the futher. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with remembering your past but don't live in it.And I have read the post and looks to me that someone pulled records going back to the 30 s, come on  how far back does anyone other than you care.Most kids playing now parents werenot born then. I know the kids that where the purple and white, or the gold and black are proud to where them but not for what was but for what they are now and who they are now.

Being one of those kids wearing that purple and white, I am proud to say that I not only stand for what PN-G is at present, but what PN-G was in the past and what PN-G will be in the future, and I can promise you that the rest feel the same way. There's a reason we use the term "Honor, Pride, & Tradition." There is a unity among all Indians, both past and present, and when the Indians of the future come to be, there will be a unity there as well. I don't know how things work at the high school you support, but down here at PN-G, we're all Indians. It doesn't matter whether you're an athlete, member of a performing arts organization, alumnus/a, average student, or just a member of the community, you're still an Indian from the day you become a member of the community, whether by birth or not, until the day you die.

That being said, the records that were pulled were pulled to prove that the Mid-County teams had won more than five district titles in the last thirty years, which is what texans had stated in this thread.

Yes.

Come now.... it really isnt that big of a deal!

Guest KHS 89

I think it was a big deal to the players to be the first lumberton football team to win at the Reservation.  Maybe the telling the granchildren was streatching it a little..... but yeah, I think it was a big deal (amoung many others for the Lumberton team last year).

You know...  it always seems the people that are so quick to point out that tradition doesn't or shouldn't matter are the very folks that have no tradition to speak of the programs which they support.

I think it can work for and against you.  Take the 1st ever win by Lumberton at the Reservation last year.  You don't think those boys from Lumberton felt a rush and a sense of accomplishment to be able to tell their children and children's children that they played on the 1st Lumberton Raider football team to beat the Indians at the Reservation?

Yes.

Come now.... it really isnt that big of a deal!

Lumberton, at the time, wasn't a really well-known team when it came to football. Even when they had been in their first major season ('07) they couldn't beat the Indians. I think it was a big deal for this year's team to beat us, especially on our own turf. Besides, that game was a heated one. As I remember, we went into overtime and Lumberton barely scored. That was our team's last attempt to turn our season around and come out of it with something. I'll be the first to admit that that particular defeat was a crushing blow to us.

Thank you Our boys played hard and made the hole town proud. The best thing is that Baseball team had only 2 Sr, on it so hope to be back there next year. That hole grope will be in the weight room Monday getting ready to play football That is one of the best things about living in a small town our players play it all and to be able to put a competitive team on the fields and courts make the hole town proud.

I support the Rebels from Evadale I have a son playing. And yes I support the team every year and no I don't just pull for the winning teams.

Very good.  But I don't think you'll have that problem as the Rebus should be pushing for a playoff spot again this season.  BTW, congrats on your run in the baseball playoffs this year.

There is nothing wrong with showing pride in there teams and town but don't live in the past. Most kids now not care how good there team use to be they just wont you to support them now.

I agree that to live in the past is not really productive.  However, tradition shouldn't be be ignored.  It is that tradition, as well as hopeful signs that point to a return to that tradition, that keep folks supporting their teams.  Maybe if kids showed some reverence toward past records, it would help them strive to maintain a tradition and in fact, become part of that tradition. Those on this thread that have expressed pride in the tradition of either the Bulldogs or the Indians will be out there with pride this fall supporting the current editions of those teams, I can assure you. 

Um.....  nice grammar.  Your high school must be so proud.

Don't know where he went to High School, but it WAS NOT EVADALE!!!

And while we're on the subject of teams you love to hate, Throw Hull-Daisetta in there, can't stand em!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83