Regional 3-a tennis Monday

Guest etbu

Do not know much about other than one of my people will be there by the name of Mark Baustch. He is telling me that there is a HOSS from Silsbee that could win state right? Anyhow good luck all to all of the kids and to  the Huffman brethren GO BOY.  ;D

Do not know much about other than one of my people will be there by the name of Mark Baustch. He is telling me that there is a HOSS from Silsbee that could win state right? Anyhow good luck all to all of the kids and to  the Huffman brethren GO BOY.  ;D

I predict Mathew Deaver of Silsbee to win state. He is nationally ranked in the top 50 and has been to the finals the last 2 years.

I predict Mathew Deaver of Silsbee to win state. He is nationally ranked in the top 50 and has been to the finals the last 2 years.

Yea I heard bout Matt but how many go to state?

I believe it's the top 2 in each region. It's an 8 player bracket at state. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe it's the top 2 in each region. It's an 8 player bracket at state. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ya going to be tough for my guy bc many of a good netters from this area but who knows. We (Huffman) use to have one of the best programs and then along came John. Now that we have new courts on campus and the kids don't have to travel to Humble to play or practice get better. Good luck to our kids and live it up.  ;D

Couple of corrections here. Deaver is not ranked in the top 50 nationally. He is ranked 90 something in the state. Also, he lost in the state finals last year and the semis 2 years ago. That being said, he has a great chance to win state this year. If he wins it would be the first tennis state title for this area since Jason Catchings of Hardin in the early 90's.

garsnare is correct. Matthew is ranked around 90 in Texas in SuperChamp 18's. I think he will win regionals and state this year in 3A. I hit with him today and he is hitting a lot better in my opinion than he was last year at this time. Great kid. I hope he finally gets that elusive state championship. He has been very close the last two years.

I guess nobody read my post on 2009 doubles. I prediced wo-s's own Dillin Lanting and Sam Webb to get either 1st or second place in district. They got Second.. also added that they were a doubles pair to be reckoned with. They won their first match today in Regionals 6-0 6-4  and their second one 6-1  4-6  6-4 i believe. They are one their way to Semis tommorow morning. Anyone else still in it (boys/girls) from SETX area?

Deaver lost in the finals 6-4 6-4. He was down 5-0 in the second and battled back to 5-4. The kid he was playing cramped in the final game and had a long medical timeout at 40-30. After the timeout he won the next point and the match. If Matthew could have won a few more points then he might have had the kid right where he wanted him. I was getting text updates from his dad throughout the match. Sounded like a gutsy comeback.

Deaver lost in the finals 6-4 6-4. He was down 5-0 in the second and battled back to 5-4. The kid he was playing cramped in the final game and had a long medical timeout at 40-30. After the timeout he won the next point and the match. If Matthew could have won a few more points then he might have had the kid right where he wanted him. I was getting text updates from his dad throughout the match. Sounded like a gutsy comeback.

Good effort Matthew.

Guest tigersvoice

Good effort Matthew.

A great high school career, Matthew.  Thanks for the show.  You can now relax for a little while (athletically) and get ready for the bigger show at SMU.  Wishing you the best of everything.

Good effort Matthew.

A great high school career, Matthew.  Thanks for the show.  You can now relax for a little while (athletically) and get ready for the bigger show at SMU.  Wishing you the best of everything.

You gotta love them netters bc they have some game on the concrete and classroom. Smu? Our Falcon Mark Baustch is top of his class like Matt. He is headed to Gig'em. Good who men.  ;D

Good effort Matthew.

It ain't over yet, tigersvoice. First AND Second qualify for STATE! 4 regions, 2 from each, 8 players make state.

Guest tigersvoice

Good effort Matthew.

It ain't over yet, tigersvoice. First AND Second qualify for STATE! 4 regions, 2 from each, 8 players make state.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, jake94.  I was having a Senior Moment there and forgot that two places out of regionals advance to state.  There is still hope.

Good effort Matthew.

Hey, thanks for the reminder, jake94.  I was having a Senior Moment there and forgot that two places out of regionals advance to state.  There is still hope.

LMAO, I was about to correct you on that too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder