Nederland and West Brook...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Penny

Smitty, bud, you got a woody for the Dogs or what?  Last decade and a half musta been rough on you... hate to break it to you, but more to come.

Penny, you need to get off the talking points.  Can't ever get a personal opinion out of you.  If you can put the talking points down for a second, why do you say they don't play the Brook anymore? 

More to come?  You gonna find a defense somewhere?  ;D  ;D

Smitty, bud, you got a woody for the Dogs or what?  Last decade and a half musta been rough on you... hate to break it to you, but more to come.

Thats the most HILARIOUS comment I have read in a looooonnnnnggggg time!  ::) ::) ::) ::)

PNG .........................Honor...............Pride...............Tradition............."Priceless!"

I think da Dawg faithful are a little dazed and confused, not really sure what to think or say.  A new hire at PN-G means they don't have Barnett to kick around anymore.  And now Neumann's doing something he's never done before.  Man, no wonder they can't state an opinion or stay focused.  :)  :)  :)

Guest Penny

Nederland doesn't have the athletes to go with Westbrook, most around here don't.  Just my opinion, probably the opinion of Neumann as well, why he dropped em... has nothing to do with what's got your craw Smitty.

Good opinion!  Has nothing to do with craw's.  Just curious about people's opinions.

Remember, I was on da Injun's faithful for slobbering all over a new coach before he's coached a single down as a HC. I like to know what people think.  And I can give opinions with the best of them.   But I don't much like the kool-aid drinkers, though.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Nederland doesn't have the athletes to go with Westbrook, most around here don't.  Just my opinion, probably the opinion of Neumann as well, why he dropped em... has nothing to do with what's got your craw Smitty.

I was wondering why Nederland doesn't play West Brook in football anymore.  I know they didn't have a problem playing them when Al Rabb was there.  Any thoughts on why they don't play?

Because since Stump has arrived, West Brook has gone after REAL competition such as Katy, Aldine Eisenhower, and Spring Westfield. It would not do the Bruins any good to play Nederland. It's bad enough we have to waste two games playing Ozen and Central.......well, at least Ozen. As if........

Brook used to play Nederland, even while playing Central and Ozen. Nederland saw Brook getting better. After Nederland got blown out the last time they played Brook ( I believe it was in '04) , they was like 'the heck with that.. Well, that's what I was told by some Brook fans!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW, my friend, Central is not a waste of a game!! >:( >:( ;D ;D

I believe the reason Nederland and West Brook do not play is more to do with West Brook upping their schedule since they have to play Ozen and Central, has nothing to do with Nederland ducking the Brook.

But, I'll take Neuman and Nederland's chances over PNG's chances with West Brook anyday.

I believe the reason Nederland and West Brook do not play is more to do with West Brook upping their schedule since they have to play Ozen and Central, has nothing to do with Nederland ducking the Brook.

But, I'll take Neuman and Nederland's chances over PNG's chances with West Brook anyday.

wrong....after the last time they played Neuman said he didnt want to play WB any more....

That's Nuemann's MO.  He'll play a team when they're down or when he thinks they're down and get blown out.  Off the schedule they go.  Same with PN-G.  If both coaching staffs were that confident in their programs, they'd try to schedule the LM's and the Brenahm's every year.....

I guess if a team can keep a coach long enough, he can develop an MO. You are dead wrong on this one as usual. Lots of other teams want to schedule the LMs and Brenhams, but it's up to Neumann to play them all just to keep you pacified. Who are the powerhouses that Ozen has been accustomed to scheduling? Inquiring minds want to know.

Been brushing up on your Latin lately?  ::)

That's Nuemann's MO.  He'll play a team when they're down or when he thinks they're down and get blown out.  Off the schedule they go.  Same with PN-G.  If both coaching staffs were that confident in their programs, they'd try to schedule the LM's and the Brenahm's every year.....

Lord here we go again ::).

PNG and Nederland have both scheduled Lamarque in years that they won a state title. PNG played Brehnam a few years back when they where loaded (Jerret Lee and B. Collins) and ranked #1 in the state. Nederland scheduled Waller when they had Johnson a few years back. Don't forget it works both ways when scheduling. Brehnam has no reason to play a home and home with PNG. They don't need to drive for 4 hours to play a quality opponent pre-district nor does PNG or Nederland.

I would like to see PNG keep Crosby on the schedule for the next few years at least until Merka graduates. I would also like to see us schedule Dayton and PAM. I would like to see the mid county schools and PAM have an alternating schedule. PNG @ PAM one year, PAM @ Nederland the next, then PAM @ PNG, then Ned @ PAM, something like this. If they scheduled both teams each year it would give them less games against 5A opponents and put the in the same boat as WB now with Ozen and Central.

Lol sfa, whos drinking kool-aid (or something else)

Ned played Waller a couple of years ago, when they went to the semis.  We have played LaMarque and Brenham , not to mention a few others.  Neumann doesn't duck anyone.  Who do you want us to play, pa?  ;D That would be a challenge. ::) BTW did LM even make the playoffs last year?

Let's see

Nederland 32 - WB 16 in 02

Nederland 17 - WB 14 in 03

Nederland 14 - WB 13 in 04

Finally WB comes through

Nederland 28 - WB 49 in 05

Lot's of stuff changed after 05 but Nederland ducking WB was not one of them...Too many coaching changes in Beaumont to keep any type of run going, same thing with PAM. Just when you think you can build a home and home schedule with a team they go and loose a coach.

I just wish Nederland would play PAM every year!!! ;) ;D

SFA you really show how much you don't know or how much you hate MC when say stuff like. Nederland has always played solid opponents in non district games, LaMarque, Brenham, Waller, Texas City, Westbrook, Angleton. It was Stump who went after bigger fish and you can't blame him for that, he needed to if he was going compete with the top 5a programs, Neumann needs to prepare for the top 4a schools and that is what he does. Nederland is having spring training this year and next year to get ready for the 2010 season when they will scrimmage Lufkin, open up against Katy, then North Shore, Plano, Everman, and Westfield all on the road, has nothing to do having alot of young tallent.

"I just wish Nederland would play PAM every year!!!"  I'm sure they could have for many a years when they each needed pre-district ball games.  Why you think they haven't?

Let's see

Nederland 32 - WB 16 in 02

Nederland 17 - WB 14 in 03

Nederland 14 - WB 13 in 04

Finally WB comes through

Nederland 28 - WB 49 in 05

Lot's of stuff changed after 05 but Nederland ducking WB was not one of them...Too many coaching changes in Beaumont to keep any type of run going, same thing with PAM. Just when you think you can build a home and home schedule with a team they go and loose a coach.

I just wish Nederland would play PAM every year!!! ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami