Nederland and West Brook...

Is there another team on here who can say that they are playing the same pre-district teams they played 5 years ago? If not, then I guess you are afraid of those teams too.

that's not the question ....the question is why did Brook and Nederland stop playing....after the last time they played Nueman told Stump he didn't want to schedule Brook the next year,that's when Stump went out and found other teams to play...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be true.  Ned. didn't appear to have a problem player the "bigger" school when Al Rabb was the coach.  So, one has to wonder.  :-\  :-\

Is there another team on here who can say that they are playing the same pre-district teams they played 5 years ago? If not, then I guess you are afraid of those teams too.

that's not the question ....the question is why did Brook and Nederland stop playing....after the last time they played Nueman told Stump he didn't want to schedule Brook the next year,that's when Stump went out and found other teams to play...

Nope, but it was inferred that that was the reason. Tell me, how else is it done?

smitty, what HS team do you follow?

How else is what done?

Nope, but it was inferred that that was the reason. Tell me, how else is it done?

smitty, what HS team do you follow?

Fill in for smitty....How else does one team tell another team that they are going to play someone different in pre-district? Like I said before, no other team is still playing the same pre-district schedule as 5 years ago. Therefore, no one is ducking anyone. Times change and teams play other teams.

You still haven't answered my question.

As I said before, Ned. didn't have a problem playing da Brook when Rabb was the coach.  They had to play one more time and got embarrassed.  The winner doesn't usually run away from the fight, unless the opponent is perceived as week and will not help in the future.  It's usually the loser that runs because of the new strength of the opponent.  Same reason they never wanted any part of PAM.  Same reason Barnett never wanted any part of WO-S when he didn't have to.  If last years results continue, Ned. will probably not want any part of WO-S any more either.  One knows how the history goes.  With me so far?  This isn't rocket science.

Your question?  You'd be surprised...

Fill in for smitty....How else does one team tell another team that they are going to play someone different in pre-district? Like I said before, no other team is still playing the same pre-district schedule as 5 years ago. Therefore, no one is ducking anyone. Times change and teams play other teams.

Actually, LaMarque smacked us around twice in one year when they won the title ('03 I think). Once in pre-district and in the playoffs. However, we played them tougher that year than anyone, except for maybe Texas City. The past two seasons we have played both Lamarque and Brenham. Apparently we do not run from powerhouses, so your point is moot. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out either.

Is your team playing the same teams as 5 years ago. Then you must be scared.

Do you really want me to answer that?   ;D ;D

soulja, i gotta question that you might wonder about too.

lastyear us (lumberton) mad it to the 3rd round which is the top 16 teams in state.

this year ya'll made the 4th round, which is top 8 i think?

we finished ranked 25th. and so did ya'll.

how?

when we clearly were better than teams ranked higher..

You notice they don't plays these teams anymore either.  Proving my point.

Actually, LaMarque smacked us around twice in one year when they won the title ('03 I think). Once in pre-district and in the playoffs. However, we played them tougher that year than anyone, except for maybe Texas City. The past two seasons we have played both Lamarque and Brenham. Apparently we do not run from powerhouses, so your point is moot. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out either.

Again, you have no point. It is MOOT. No one is scared of anyone. If they were afraid, they wouldn't don the uniform.

We shall see what happens the first game.  If it's bad, will it continue?  Only time will tell. 

Da Brook situation is non-deniable, though.  Signed to play for two years, went good.  Signed on for two more years (you see, it can be done.  And venture to say if Rabb was still the coach they would still be playing. IMO.), went good and bad.  Didn't sign anymore.  Only kool-aid drinkers would think there was not a cause and effect here.  It's not good to drink the kool-aid and regurgitate the talking points, if you know what I mean.

;D  ;D  ;D

Again, you have no point. It is MOOT. No one is scared of anyone. If they were afraid, they wouldn't don the uniform.

Hard to deny facts getting to you, buddy?   There are other facts and opinions other than the kool-aid and talking points.  This is what I keep trying to stress.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Methinks kool-aid is better than the stuff you been drinking. Just what is it that crawled up inside of you and died?

This may be true.  Ned. didn't appear to have a problem player the "bigger" school when Al Rabb was the coach.  So, one has to wonder.  :-\  :-\

Wow!  :o :o  ;D ;D

lastyear us (lumberton) mad it to the 3rd round which is the top 16 teams in state.

how?

You're right.  I was aware of that and was thinking the same thing.  You know, I'm just happy to have a ranking.  They never show us any high respect, so we will take what little respect they give us.  Maybe it was because we was not a flashy team with a D-1 Qb or anything like that, but a blue collared team that did whatever it took to win.  No, that's wrong to, because that 2007 Lumberton team was the same way kind of team.

As I said before, Ned. didn't have a problem playing da Brook when Rabb was the coach.  They had to play one more time and got embarrassed.  The winner doesn't usually run away from the fight, unless the opponent is perceived as week and will not help in the future.  It's usually the loser that runs because of the new strength of the opponent.  Same reason they never wanted any part of PAM.  Same reason Barnett never wanted any part of WO-S when he didn't have to.  If last years results continue, Ned. will probably not want any part of WO-S any more either.  One knows how the history goes.  With me so far?  This isn't rocket science.

Again, a moot point.  With the exception of 2 years, we have played WO-S every year since they dropped to 3A.  WO-S has not had a drop off.  Several of those games were decided by less than 5 points either way. This year we put them back on the schedule, and they are still state-ranked every year.  As far as pam goes, except a couple of years when Jamaal Charles played they wouldn't be much competition.

how?

I'm guessing that you are referring to 06 since you went out in the first round this year. Central and Dayton were the teams that made it deep in the playoffs.

how?

You're right.  I was aware of that and was thinking the same thing.  You know, I'm just happy to have a ranking.  They never show us any high respect, so we will take what little respect they give us.  Maybe it was because we was not a flashy team with a D-1 Qb or anything like that, but a blue collared team that did whatever it took to win.  No, that's wrong to, because that 2007 Lumberton team was the same way kind of team.

I think the low ranking has a lot to do with the fact that they don't give teams with really good defenses the credit they do to teams with really good offenses.... does that make sense?  I don't think it's fair ... but you know what ya'll got/had no matter what the rankings say.  ;)

I just have one question?  Who in the heck is "Barnett"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami