District 20-4A sleeper for this year?

Lcm Is The sleeper in my eyes... I seen the potential there. They have at least 15 guys running under 4'6 forties... They just got the secondary coach from "WOS" ("deon beasley""earl "the pearl" thomas") both are big assets to the Texas Longhorns... Now With a little coaching and discipline i dont see at least one player next year getting a good division 1 letter... They Also got the returning backfield and some new recievers. Many of them didnt play last year because of coaching, injured, or other reasons. So i say watch out for this team come fall... GO BEARS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont see LCM sleeping on anyone. their underlevels were 2 of the worst groups to come through this area in awhile. And Im guessing that that group of DBs (beasly, Thomas etc etc etc) would have been ok without that coach. But if they do anything they will be a huge sleeper.

:-\

Yes I'm a big PNG Fan ! not sure as of yet how PNG will look next year with a new Chief and program. I think once we get into Spring ball we might have a better feel of how the team will look for next year. So I could say without hesitation that PNG may be a big factor and sleeper in the district next season. There is some major talent moving up from both the Freshman and JV team. No names to mention on the team, but I know PNG has alot of talent that is humble and quiet. So watch for PNG to be big factor next year.

Guest rykerx144

I think PNG might compete a little better but far from a factor this year, but the next couple definetly!!!  If LCM finishes with a winning record they need to be happy with that and build from there!  I think the sleeper if any will come from the middle ranked teams like vidor livingston or lumberton.  I think Nederland will lead district with Central second with the rest of the middle teams fighting for third spot!

Lcm Is The sleeper in my eyes... I seen the potential there. They have at least 15 guys running under 4'6 forties... They just got the secondary coach from "WOS" ("deon beasley""earl "the pearl" thomas") both are big assets to the Texas Longhorns... Now With a little coaching and discipline i dont see at least one player next year getting a good division 1 letter... They Also got the returning backfield and some new recievers. Many of them didnt play last year because of coaching, injured, or other reasons. So i say watch out for this team come fall... GO BEARS

15 guys under 4.6 forties??? I have to call BS on that one---show us the clock and what do you mean by getting a D-1 letter?

15 guys under 4.6 forties??? I have to call BS on that one---show us the clock and what do you mean by getting a D-1 letter?

HAND-TIMED  ;D :D

Oh yeah everyone at PNG runs under 4.6! ::)

Prezoomed Forty times are always bogus. Notice how many blazing fast guys 4.3-4.4 (per their own admission or someone from their school) in college get official 4.6 at the combine.

If LCM had 15 guys running under 4.6 last year they would have won at least one game on speed alone!

Someone said Lumberton a sleeper?? How can the returning District Champs (twice) be considered a sleeper? they will be a front runner to everyone they play next year. A sleeper is a team that no-one expects, like PNG, Ozen, LCM or Vidor.

LOL...Hand timed by someone counting.....1 mississippi......2 mississississippi.......3 mississississississippi.... ::);) ::)

LOL...Hand timed by someone counting.....1 mississippi......2 mississississippi.......3 mississississississippi.... ::);) ::)

:D :D :D :D  Now that's funny!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I think PNG might compete a little better but far from a factor this year, but the next couple definetly!!!  If LCM finishes with a winning record they need to be happy with that and build from there!  I think the sleeper if any will come from the middle ranked teams like vidor livingston or lumberton.   I think Nederland will lead district with Central second with the rest of the middle teams fighting for third spot!

Hey, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I find it comical that Lumberton and Livingston are the MIDDLE ranked teams all of a sudden considering that they won district and beat the two teams that are at the TOP of the pack. You win two straight district titles and beat both teams two years in a row but you are just a middle team and the others are now on top.  :D

Hey, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I find it comical that Lumberton and Livingston are the MIDDLE ranked teams all of a sudden considering that they won district and beat the two teams that are at the TOP of the pack. You win two straight district titles and beat both teams two years in a row but you are just a middle team and the others are now on top.  :D

Someone said Lumberton a sleeper?? How can the returning District Champs (twice) be considered a sleeper? they will be a front runner to everyone they play next year. A sleeper is a team that no-one expects, like PNG, Ozen, LCM or Vidor.

I agree with you two! Lumberton has a good core (sp?) returning (Asher, hughes, beard to name a few)..... IMO, they are the favorites until proven otherwise, especially after seeing what they did last year after losing 31? seniors from the '07 team. Not sure what Livingston has coming back but I would approach them the same way. 

here's to an L-Town and Dayton matchup in next year's 1st round. ;)

I agree with you two! Lumberton has a good core (sp?) returning (Asher, hughes, beard to name a few)..... IMO, they are the favorites until proven otherwise, especially after seeing what they did last year after losing 31? seniors from the '07 team. Not sure what Livingston has coming back but I would approach them the same way. 

No way Dayton, that would mean L-town or dayton would have to come in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.......nope, i say, here's to a Dayton and L-Town match up in the FOURTH round.  ;D

No way Dayton, that would mean L-town or dayton would have to come in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.......nope, i say, here's to a Dayton and L-Town match up in the FOURTH round.  ;D

Raiders sure won't make it to the 4th round--we have waited for you two years in a row

not exactly what I was thinking... :D   Hey, if you guys can split another DC you'll have 1-1/3 District Championships in the past 3 years!! That'll be exciting. ;D

not exactly what I was thinking... :D   Hey, if you guys can split another DC you'll have 1-1/3 District Championships in the past 3 years!! That'll be exciting. ;D

Nah, we're just doing a district champ count down, you know, 3..2..and next year ONE:D ;D ::)

Nah, we're just doing a district champ count down, you know, 3..2..and next year ONE:D ;D ::)

It's worked so far. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012