District 20-4A sleeper for this year?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

don't see LCM sleeping on anyone. their underlevels were 2 of the worst groups to come through this area in awhile. And I'm guessing that that group of DBs (beasly, Thomas etc etc etc) would have been ok without that coach. But if they do anything they will be a huge sleeper.

LCM has the speed. One of the reasons there was a coaching change, is Moody was as bad an evaluator of talent as well as a weak game day coach!He didn't,t care to develop any players on J.V. or Freshman football because the Varsity was his only concern.Since he is gone, alot of the talent came back from the other sports,Steven Wilson runs a legit 4.35 40 was on on of the H.S. mags before last season .He came back along with basketball players who were banished from the program for choosing to pursue other intrest and not choosing to be football exclusive

Next year will certainly be interesting with the number of new coaches and systems being present in the district...I expect some of the teams that have had struggled in the recent past will be more competetive...and again, I think vidor will be tough with all of the returners they have coming back from a solid 2008 team...should be a very interesting season...what is it? half the teams in the district will have new head coaches next season?

Guest BIG HOUSE

LC-M will not have that type of speed, but if (BY CHANCE) they do ,they will still not have a winning record...

By the way, the best FOOTBALL players aren't always the fastest....

I remember a couple years ago, Central had prolly the fastest RB(Hall)in district, but he couldn't run for more than 50 yards a game if you put a helmet on him early..He truly was the fastest kid to the sideline when they played L-Town.... ;)  :D

Sorry, LC-M, gonna need several more years.......those 4.6 40's are prolly really 4.8-4.9 40's.......

don't see LCM sleeping on anyone. their underlevels were 2 of the worst groups to come through this area in awhile. And I'm guessing that that group of DBs (beasly, Thomas etc etc etc) would have been ok without that coach. But if they do anything they will be a huge sleeper.

LCM has the speed. One of the reasons there was a coaching change, is Moody was as bad an evaluator of talent as well as a weak game day coach!He didn't,t care to develop any players on J.V. or Freshman football because the Varsity was his only concern.Since he is gone, alot of the talent came back from the other sports,Steven Wilson runs a legit 4.35 40 was on on of the H.S. mags before last season .He came back along with basketball players who were banished from the program for choosing to pursue other intrest and not choosing to be football exclusive

I will bet my paycheck theres not a legit 4.3 in LCM. If there is he would be at the state track meet.

don't see LCM sleeping on anyone. their underlevels were 2 of the worst groups to come through this area in awhile. And I'm guessing that that group of DB's (Beasley, Thomas etc etc etc) would have been OK without that coach. But if they do anything they will be a huge sleeper.

LCM has the speed. One of the reasons there was a coaching change, is Moody was as bad an evaluator of talent as well as a weak game day coach!He didn't,t care to develop any players on J.V. or Freshman football because the Varsity was his only concern.Since he is gone, alto of the talent came back from the other sports,Steven Wilson runs a legit 4.35 40 was on on of the H.S. mags before last season .He came back along with basketball players who were banished from the program for choosing to pursue other intrest and not choosing to be football exclusive

I will bet my paycheck theres not a legit 4.3 in LCM. If there is he would be at the state track meet.

In this day and age in sports , ever team "fudges" the results on occasion. How else are coaches going to get recruiters to look at the players with potential. YOU see it ever Sat. in college football, 6'5" in college normally means6'3" at the combine. Why do you think so many prospects do not attend the combine and do "PRO DAYS" or private work outs. It's part of the game . Why would coaches tell their opposition the correct results, in a word "strategy". If every one all ready agrees that we are too slow to compete, why do anything to change that view point, tevin jones ,aldric jones, jonny epps and the others will change it. Hey nikespeed are they fast enough what about armstrong, lilly , hodgskin, blanchard, shovan they have excellent football speed your thoughts

Vidor will have to prove themselves on the field, mainly in district. After the realignment they need to pick up some tougher non-district games. LCM and PNG have new coaches and systems which will allow them to improve this year but it remains to be seen how much impact they will make come district.

Lcm Is The sleeper in my eyes... I seen the potential there. They have at least 15 guys running under 4'6 forties... They just got the secondary coach from "WOS" ("deon beasley""earl "the pearl" thomas") both are big assets to the Texas Longhorns... Now With a little coaching and discipline i dont see at least one player next year getting a good division 1 letter... They Also got the returning backfield and some new recievers. Many of them didnt play last year because of coaching, injured, or other reasons. So i say watch out for this team come fall... GO BEARS

15 guys under 4.6 forties??? I have to call BS on that one---show us the clock and what do you mean by getting a D-1 letter?

He wrote 4'6, not 4.6.

Those are some short football players.

i am going to stay with vidor on this one ,i like there style of football .i think thay  run a more of a ball control and stop me if you can style and i like that

You've got to feel for Vidor. It seems like every year they are mentioned as a dark horse candidate for the playoffs, only to end up a bride's maid.

i am going to stay with vidor on this one ,i like there style of football .i think thay  run a more of a ball control and stop me if you can style and i like that

You've got to feel for Vidor. It seems like every year they are mentioned as a dark horse candidate for the playoffs, only to end up a bride's maid.

u won't be saying that this season. i can guarantee u that one.

Vidor will have to prove themselves on the field, mainly in district. After the realignment they need to pick up some tougher non-district games. LCM and PNG have new coaches and systems which will allow them to improve this year but it remains to be seen how much impact they will make come district.

After what I saw at PNG today I can say PNG will be a strong competitor for the sleeper. Hugh O LINE ! Man I tell ya it was hard to try and figure out the new O !!! So miss direction ! you have no Idea if it will be a pass or run ! This new O is gonna be fun to watch in a game !!! Everyone better watch out for PNG !!! I can say it hear and I know everyone will say otherwise about PNG but if you were not there today to watch the practice then you don't have any idea what I was watching out there today !!!

Can't wait till reg season !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first guarantee of the new season, gotta love it.

Ya know, it is way early for this, but here is how I see it going down.

Nederland or Vidor will win district.

PNG may be the sleeper or dark horse if Lumberton falters.

Central & Livingston will be mid pack and will mess up somebodys season.

LCM will be much improved simply by coaching, but will not get it done this year.

Ozen will be much like last years team.

No guarantees, just my cheap opinion.

::) ::) ::)

We can copy your post and run it again next year and then the next year and then.........  ;D

Vidor's football playoff futility just makes it easy to take jabs at them in fun. It was no different than Lumberton and their 40 year playoff drought. Maybe this is the year will start a long playoff run for the Pirates. Good luck to Vidor and their usually tough playing team.

Guest Brubaker

Anybody know what Livington has coming back at QB?  Their defense was poor, and other their QB dominated the offense, so not sure what they will have next year.  Was surprised at how much they struggled on defense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline