Lumberton Lady Raiders 14 - Central Lady Jaguars 0

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.  There is NEVER a good reason to do that to any team.  That is pure bad sportsmanship and the coach should be ashamed!  I cannot wait until Lumberton plays a team that whips their tail!

The Raiders didn't run the score up on purpose. The Jaguars just couldn't get the ball to the net and couldn't stop the girls from scoring. The first 20 minutes of the second half was passing drills land the coach said that they could ONLY score with headers. So that isn't bad sportsmanship.

What was their district scores when facing opponents Ned and PNG in district?  More than 5-0?  Three were own goals and three or four were no more than passes to the keeper that rolled between her legs. The passing drills started with 20 minutes left in the first half, and Central just stood around watching.  Same thing for most of the second. 

Friendswood fan is right.. It's pure bad sportsmanship. Of course the jaguars couldn't prevent them from scoring they can't prevent anyone in this area from scoring.. So that can hardly be used as an excuse.

The jaguars made it to the playoffs so they should be able hang with a team. Maybe not beat them but at least try. they stoped trying after we scored the 1st goal maybe even before that.

So what is the UIL doing putting Central in the position to be in the playoff's in the first place.  FF, Central and Ozen don't mind pressing in BB when they are ahead by 40 points, so if they don't want to get beat that bad, I suggest they get better.  

So what is the UIL doing putting Central in the position to be in the playoff's in the first place.  FF, Central and Ozen don't mind pressing in BB when they are ahead by 40 points, so if they don't want to get beat that bad, I suggest they get better.  

Exactly. Ozen would have given us a better game i think.

I am completely against running a score up on a team... and passing the ball around is almost as embarrassing as scoring alot of goals..  in defense of the raider ladies.  i watched central ladies play memorial and they were horrible and did nothing but stand around on the field and not try at all.  I could see them doing what you said..  and that is putting no effort out what so ever....

Ok now this is ridiculous that you guys start bashing a coach for things that your own programs have done. Coach Hopson could have run the score if he wished, but instead told his ladies to pass the ball around. When the Lady Jaguars were just standing around what then should he have told his girls to do then?...sit down on the ground and pick grass, or maybe better yet play with less than 11 girls or just what???? Its not like his scorers were the ones doing all the scoring and they weren't just firing shots at the keeper. They played keep away.

:-\

To Friendswood fan..maybe your girls didnt score 14 goals but i do notice where you beat Lamarque 9-0 and Manvel 9-0 and dawson 9-0 and several other teams 7-0. Do you consider that running up the score? This game was completely one sided with all the Lumberton girls playing and several different girls scoring goals. As a coach do you tell your kids that dont get the opportunity to score much that they cant go in and try to score if given the chance? Is that then to the players that are getting to play?

We can argue about how many goals are too many all night but Jason Hopson is as classy as they come. He is a good person and is doing a hell of a job with his program.

I am sorry but I didnt  get the football mentality that shark posted and I am a football coach too?

Guest Newbie

I don't know Coach Hopson so I can't comment on how classy he is or his lack of class but come on,  We all know the Lumberton girls are mostly girls that have played together in club soccer and were pretty good together.  ANY coach can field them on the field and come out ahead.

It is unfortunate that Central's team is that quality.  Just because they're unable to get to the ball first and score does not mean they're not trying.  The fact that they showed up to the game and played the whole 80 minutes, in my book shows that they tried, maybe not with their hearts, but it may have been their best.  If that's the best 11 girls that Central can put on the field, it is unfortunate but it isn't their fault.  Blaming UIL or the other team shows the current state of affairs of our country, no personal responsibility, always somebody else's fault.

read the post previous to mine about when central runs the football score up and its okay in football....  that is my response to the football..... my reason for not wanting football mentallity is .....  way too many players in soccer now are told to take em out...  and players are allowed by coaches to run around with a free pass to injure someone else and have no consequenses for doing it.... i did not make that reference to any coaches in our area...  however when you have players with a future in soccer , wouldnt you hate to see another team send a player out to take out pool or granato or any other player you have that is going to play at hte next level.  .. notice when your team is playing a very good soccer team, chances are you sustain NO injuries but play at low caliber team with no skills , you win the game easily, get you some goals for stats but usually have to carry a player off due to..........  no skills.... nothing was pointed at anyone locally.  i believe the png, nederville, and memorial as well as any other local soccer coaches do football also.  and none of you have football mentallity when it comes to hammering another team or taking someone out.. thats why i would love to play any of those teams in our season... as well as yours...  its all good locally except maybe one team  :-X

how is that dancing around....  I said exactly what I meant.  the post before me said.. central ran up the score in football.  I said soccer is not football mentallity.  I defended your lady raiders saying that Central is horrible and stood around when I watched them play Memorial and that it would have been easy to run the score up.  Then... I explained my FOOTBALL remark to Coach about how some teams tell their kids to go out and play football during a futbol game.  As for CoachL being a football coach , so are just about any other coach in the district you are in and that Nederland is in.  So tell me what part I was dancing around.  If I had a problem with anything I am not one to not say what I see or feel. 

Ouch.  There is NEVER a good reason to do that to any team.  That is pure bad sportsmanship and the coach should be ashamed!  I cannot wait until Lumberton plays a team that whips their tail!

The Raiders didn't run the score up on purpose. The Jaguars just couldn't get the ball to the net and couldn't stop the girls from scoring. The first 20 minutes of the second half was passing drills land the coach said that they could ONLY score with headers. So that isn't bad sportsmanship.

Now that explains why the girl in the left corner kept centering the ball, I was wondering because she had a TON of open looks into the net. She could've probably scored 10 times on her own from there

Friendswood fan is right.. It's pure bad sportsmanship. Of course the jaguars couldn't prevent them from scoring they can't prevent anyone in this area from scoring.. So that can hardly be used as an excuse.

The jaguars made it to the playoffs so they should be able hang with a team. Maybe not beat them but at least try. they stoped trying after we scored the 1st goal maybe even before that.

I'm not putting Central down by any means, but if I'm not mistaken their final standings was under .500, this is one reason there shouldn't be 4 teams in the playoffs from a district, at least not in soccer

I don't know Coach Hopson so I can't comment on how classy he is or his lack of class but come on,  We all know the Lumberton girls are mostly girls that have played together in club soccer and were pretty good together.  ANY coach can field them on the field and come out ahead.

It is unfortunate that Central's team is that quality.  Just because they're unable to get to the ball first and score does not mean they're not trying.  The fact that they showed up to the game and played the whole 80 minutes, in my book shows that they tried, maybe not with their hearts, but it may have been their best.  If that's the best 11 girls that Central can put on the field, it is unfortunate but it isn't their fault.  Blaming UIL or the other team shows the current state of affairs of our country, no personal responsibility, always somebody else's fault.

It is what it is my friend.  Game's over, move on.  Score could have been 30+ to 0.  Good job Ladies!!

This country is also ran off of checks and balances.  If noone questions government, we would all be stuck with their decisions without a voice.  Check out the boy's and girl's brackets for the playoffs and tell me it's nothing less than comical.  It makes no sense!  1st place teams playing bidistrict games while some 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams have byes.  Fact; not excuse. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder