Lumberton Lady Raiders 14 - Central Lady Jaguars 0

Five, what you're saying just doesnt make much sense.  What is it that you dont understand?  The BB coach wouldnt let them practice or go to tryouts.  When i know in past years they could go after bb practiice was over.  They missed half the year in soccer; tournaments, scrimmages, etc..  and you really think they are ready to walk off the court and onto the field just because they played soccer for x amount of years?  As far as i know, there are only two bb players that were even thinking of playing soccer this year and one said before soccer even started that she didnt want to play.  The other one played on JV and was a talented freshman who will more than likely either make varsity after bb is over or earn her spot even sooner because the BB COACH  lets her go to practice.  Coach Hopson is only in his 2nd year, so whatever happened with Laurie and Brittany has nothing to do with him.  It's simple really, you put what The Ingredient and soccer18 said together and voila, there you have it.  He has nothing to do with working it out; if the bb coach tells him they cant go to practice, what else should he do?  Jeremy Garza went to every soccer practice after bb practice and even made games after bb games because his bb coach allowed him to.  Soccer players, boys and girls, often split practices with track, softball, and even golf.  But if they play bb, they cant come to soccer practice?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter is the one you mention as saying before the season she "was not playing." And that is not entirely true. I can only say that there is more to the story than I will go into here. Coach Hopson and Coach Wilson are both good men. I don't want to disparage either. I like both men. My daughter likes both coaches. But in this particular case, I was upset by what I saw as neither coach willing to work it out for her to play two sports. And Lumberton has a history of the same situation with other players. So I said that girls basketball and soccer don't do a good job of working it out, past and present. We'll see about the player next year. I hope the coaches are better with her than they were to my daughter.

Anyone who is interested in this is and disagrees with me, is welcome to give me a call. You guys know who I am.  ;D  Take care all. I am done on this subject.

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a fine season. We are all proud of yall.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder