Ozen Coach Not Aware Of Willie Jefferson's Arrest

KFDM COOP

Different county plus not required to report misdemeanor.  Barring a team rule he can't be deemed as breaking a school rule.  Sad nonetheless.

Let's not excuse the bahavior......county shouldn't matter......if a player is arrested for an illegal substance they should be required to report it.  Poor judgement and mistakes happen but it is our job as adults to teach accepting responsibility once you screw up.  I hope he learns from the mistake and moves in a positive direction.  I hope BISD sends the right message....if there is random drug testing in BISD as there is in NISD, then I would think any drug use or possession would not be tolerated regardless of the county it took place in....students know and talk.....The only way an assistant principal and/or coach would not know would be to not want to know or they are not interacting with the students.

If he signed his LOI then they can't pull anything just like he can't change his mind without penalty after he signs.

I am sure Baylor will be keeping a close look at him when he gets on campus.

Criminal charge will cause the LOI to be Null and Void!  They can rescend the offer if they choose!

If he signed his LOI then they can't pull anything just like he can't change his mind without penalty after he signs.

I am sure Baylor will be keeping a close look at him when he gets on campus.

Criminal charge will cause the LOI to be Null and Void!  They can rescend the offer if they choose!

Having absolutely no knowledge in that area, that is what I thought. A LOI makes a player ineligible at another university without him being released by school a player signs with. The LOI is not a guaranteed contract that says they have to pay his way to their university no matter what. I am sure that there are plenty of clauses in the contract for a player being denied the LOI from the university or the player even being kicked off of the team for mere disciplinary problems after enrolling at the university.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder